Author Topic: Hidden Terror - Hiring  (Read 6418 times)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Hidden Terror - Hiring
Hidden Terror is specifically looking for FREDers at this moment. All other areas are already either covered or completely finished now, although staff to make improvements on every other area are still welcome. Another cutscene developer could be helpful, as well.

After a complete story revamp, Hidden Terror will have at least 17 missions. The campaign is developed from a Shivan point of view, with which you will fly Shivan fighters and bombers. All shivan craft are available to fly. The campaign begins during the First Great War, consists of a transition, and will develop and finish in the Second Great War. HT will not, however, focus on the Shivan viewpoint of the Great Wars. Rather, it focuses on something entirely different. Hence the name.

Hidden Terror will take advantage of the FreeSpace Source Code Project, hopefully consisting of at least 2 cutscenes. The interface will be rehauled, sporting fully animated FreeSpace2-style Ship Selection animations(with color changes), and various other features.

A trailer was previously made, and is viewable from the HT website. The gameplay is outdated however. You may notice some problems in the gameplay portion, which have already been addressed.

HT Website: http://www.sectorgame.com/hiddenterror

-Any questions or comments can be posted here or at the HT forums at sectorgame.
-All FRED applicants must either email me a sample mission, or post their sample mission here. HT will not accept freeloaders, and you will be expected to hold a loose schedule.
-Hidden Terror is completely ready to be FREDed, and will be released upon a gold date, determined after the completion of testing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 06:55:04 pm by 116 »

I'll have to look into my time schedule. Everyone has me hired. I'll check back and tell you if I'm free or not.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
I dont think you'd fit. You have more than enough stuff with your current projects. Having a FS--> FPS full conversion in work kinda makes you useless for other projects (we can be happy if we get to see any TVWP mission at all from you).

Oh, and if you ask why I'm making a comment like that... Well, *whisper voice*I'm on HT's staff*/whisper voice* :)

We're seeking for people with somewhat creative abilities and less other projects to fiddle with. If anyone feels he's got time to contribute missions and / or other stuff to a somewhat 'different' MOD - you'll be more than welcome.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
hmm...this begins back memorize hey dragonclaw :D;) :p ;7
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

I told you I would have to see if Im open. I guess Im not anymore... :rolleyes:

Offline DragonClaw

Originally posted by Roy fokker
hmm...this begins back memorize hey dragonclaw :D;) :p ;7

Hey Roy ;)  Long time no see man :eek2:

P.S., Lightspeed helped revamp the whole storyline, so you won't see very many similarities to the old one... ohhh yes, suprise. Going to be oh-so-much better :drevil:

And yeah, Tin, you're obligated to way too many projects already. There's no possible way you'd have time to work on another one.

I never said I would be able to help, I said I would have to look into my schedule to see what I could do. :nod:

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
You could say same Idea, new story.

It's pretty cool, actually. :)

I think this is the first MOD involving shivans that is actually shivan-approved. ;)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I hope you guys get help that you need:)

suprise. Going to be oh-so-much better

of course there is
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 07:23:19 am by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Zarax

I might give you an hand, at least for simpler stuff...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Might warn anyone that the missions will be a lot harder to do than your average shoot'n'kill mission.

Offline Zarax

Then i'm useless here :)
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
Originally posted by Lightspeed
Might warn anyone that the missions will be a lot harder to do than your average shoot'n'kill mission.

is that all and i though it was going to be a challenge:p :mad2: :thepimp: :ick: :devil:
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
hehehehehe And of course, you have to deal with having us as neighbours ;)

Flipside :D

Oooh I turned my siggy into a url all by myself, someone give me a Gold Star :)

<--- Not the most Web-linguistic person ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 01:53:21 pm by 394 »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...lol

You know the [ url=http:// ] something  [ /url ] tags work perfectly here. ;)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I thought you declared HT as dead:)
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
hehehehe It has had new life breathed into it ;)

Offline DragonClaw

Originally posted by Darkage
I thought you declared HT as dead:)

:lol: where have you been?

Had restarted it awhile ago, but never got much work done on it other than the SS Animations, due to school. But since I just turned in my research paper, whoo hoo! :drevil:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
i still have some stuff from HT if you want it i can send it to you.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline DragonClaw

Unnecessary. None of the missions from the old build will be used, really. And all the graphical stuff had to be redone anyway.