Author Topic: Derelict Bug?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
SPOILER

Spoiler:

I can't seem to get past the first subspace mission (in which the Lucifer appears).
First, the support ships which arrive all show as hostile to me. The wingmen dock with them but seem never to be able to undock.
Second, I kill everything but the mission neer ends. I never get a jump order, despite all the 'clear the node' stuff. The medical ship never leavs the tunnel, either. What the hey is going on? ANy ideas?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 02:53:24 pm by 1537 »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
use hte [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] tags.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Spoiler:
Hmmm. The wingmen are actually getting captured by those hostile support ships - kill 'em before they dock.

As for the "clear the node" bit, I can't remember (haven't played derelict for about 18 months). Try just jumping out once all the directives listed are done (ie they've turned blue). Beyond that, I'm not sure....

Hope that helps :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Thanks, Pyro, I'll give it a shot.

Witrhout voice acting its easy to miss some things. I opeend the mision in FRED to see the dialogue, and then i realized what was happening.... :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Use the Alt-Pause and Pause keys in-game. That really helps.

Or what's even better, use F4 and switch to 'Messages' - That's the way I test my missions.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Yes, that's how I catch up on dialogue that occurs while I'm fighting for my life trying not to get shot down.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.