Author Topic: [FA] FRED Academy Sign Ups  (Read 34390 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
FreespaceGundam has come up with a really nice (and above all LONG) plotline for a campaign. I'll be posting that up shortly and then everyone will have work they can be doing :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by karajorma

Singh actually planned out the wrong EP campaign (his is Bosch's defection in EP rather than Koth's attack on the system) so you're welcome to go ahead if you wish. Considering that 20 people have signed up after 3 days I may need more missions :D

As for the length of the campaign. You've got 36 hours from the start of the NTF attack until the Colossus is deployed. If you want to continue the campaign until the NTF are kicked out of the system you have a little longer.

Basically the longer the better. Just don't strain credibility by forcing 20 missions into a 36 hour stretch :D

This does focuses on Koth's betrayal. Mission three has Bosch in it for reference only, and to add to the momentum of the attack - i'll explain everything in the outline later :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'd assumed that Koth had been with the NTF since Bosch's original defection. If you're saying that he defected 18 months later during the events of FS2 I get you now.

Offline redmenace

Can we get everyones emails and ICQ numbers that is currently "enrolled"

Secondly, could we get a seperate forum for the Academy inside the Freespace Campaigns Forums?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'm 92576264 for the record. And I don;t think we need a separate forum, especially if everyone keeps up with the [FA] Prefixes. Gets the campaigns forum active after all.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
my email is [email protected]

i dont have ICQ. but i do have msn.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Wow. I logged on this morning and what I saw was a ton of [FA] posts and some people even having missions up for download already! :D

Looks like I didn't underestimate the speed you guys work at, even if I underestimated how many of you there would be.  :D

Thanks a lot Black Wolf for keeping an eye on things while I was sleeping :D

Offline redmenace

About the forum.
It might be wise considering as things grow. it will be harder to keep threads seperate and organized as time goes on. Obviously the forum should be public. Those who don't have ICQ I stongle suggest getting it.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

I'll sign up. I'm waiting for Hippo to finish my upgraded Hades model, so my Legacy campaign is on hold.

*Signs up

Let me know what you want me to do.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
ICQ - 305489057
MSN - [email protected]
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by redmenace
About the forum.
It might be wise considering as things grow. it will be harder to keep threads seperate and organized as time goes on. Obviously the forum should be public. Those who don't have ICQ I stongle suggest getting it.

I agree that once we're running a sub forum would be nice but for the moment not having one means that we get wider access. Which is nice too. :D

Once we're in our own forum we won't get people stumbling by and playtesting/correcting a mission or two when they've got nothing better to do.

Offline Fergus

E-mail: [email protected]

Generic signature quote blabber

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by karajorma

I agree that once we're running a sub forum would be nice but for the moment not having one means that we get wider access. Which is nice too. :D

Once we're in our own forum we won't get people stumbling by and playtesting/correcting a mission or two when they've got nothing better to do.

you're balancing the access issue and publicity and the organization. karajorma it is your call. But I think will be more attractive later on.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Id like to sign up for this if still possible. Ive got 2 copys of FS2 on my comp...so I can Fred in both FRED 2 and FRED2_Open.....Which ever is available...I used to make a few missions here and there....but lost interest when my comp crashed and I lost hours and hours of work....now Im lookin to get back into all of it. That is, if theres still time to sign up.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 09:14:38 pm by 2192 »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think you should be fine the thing only opened 5 days ago ;)

I think this is a great idea, I would sign up myself, but I'm too beaten down with modelling and texturing at the moment, but I'll certainly have a play of the campaigns as they are written :D

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Aphenicus
Id like to sign up for this if still possible. Ive got 2 copys of FS2 on my comp...so I can Fred in both FRED 2 and FRED2_Open.....Which ever is available...I used to make a few missions here and there....but lost interest when my comp crashed and I lost hours and hours of work....now Im lookin to get back into all of it. That is, if theres still time to sign up.

You're more than welcome to join in. Go visit the Getting The Ball Rolling thread and pick yourself out a mission from campaign 3.

Offline redmenace

karajorma:
officially who is all signed up to what campaigns.

A strong suggestion:
when you post an email include in it the word nospam like this:
[email protected]
              -Frederic Bastiat

Email : [email protected]
no ICQ, how do u get one

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
My e-mail ought to be visible in the profile. As for the rest, I don't have ICQ and don't intend to get it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story