Author Topic: [FA] FRED Academy Sign Ups  (Read 34402 times)

Offline magatsu1

I usually make a list of these at the end, for each directive.
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Bingo

The [V] Missions have a line saying <<<<<<>>>>>> near the end seperating them... Its just a blank event...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've never bothered seperating out the directives cause they're easy enough to spot in FRED anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Originally posted by karajorma
I've never bothered seperating out the directives cause they're easy enough to spot in FRED anyway.

:yes:

I have a code. Directives start with 'Dir'. For 'Directive', see. So, 'DirDesCancer' would be 'Destroy Cancer'. 'Defend Gorgon' would be 'DirDefGorgon'.

Utterly useless, really, but still.

Other events are more cryptically named, depending on how I'm feeling at the moment. They can end up with some quite bizarre names, actually.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yeah, I do that in my missions too :). Except mine are

Dir - Directive Name
Msg - Message Name
AI - AI Goal
BFA - Shipname (Beam Free all, also BLA, TFA, TLA)
Etc.

It makes stuff really easy to find if you need to edit a particular event.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay time to total up the results and see what to do about what.

All in all I've been staggered by the number of people who replied. When I first thought of the idea I figured I'd get 3-4 people who wanted to try and that numbers would slowly build from there.

I've just counted up the numbers on this thread (and the other threads) and 13 people have signed on (not counting the FRED experts).  

This has presented my with something of a dilema. My original outline for the Epsilon Pegasi campaign was only 5 missions long and rather short on the details anyway. That would basically give each of the FREDders 1 mission with nothing for anyone who finishes quickly to do except twiddle their thumbs if I gave it to the people who wanted to use retail :D There aren't enough missions to consider giving it to the people who prefered FSO :D

As a result I'm dropping the Epsilon Pegasi campaign and going with Singh's suggestion (which has twice as many missions) for now. If you guys like it we can come back to it later on :)

Anyway I'll be posting a thread shortly with all the details of the missions, who's on which team and the way things will work.

Offline magatsu1

how about a reserves list ?

I'm happy to throw some stuff in, but I can always stick with my other mods at the mo. if there are people more keen to be accepted.

Hell, even if you just fancy releasing some mission ideas that'd do for me. I can always FRED and release in my own time.

edit: plus if other people drop out later on, you'll have other members to go to.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well I've included you in the list. If you want to work go ahead. Otherwise wait until things calm down :)

One thing we'll need is play testers fo be sure to give a hand with that what ever you decide :)

Offline magatsu1

cool.

I've still got about 3/4 big campaigns to play as it is though....

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Fantastic job Kara getting this started :yes: :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
With 13 newbie FREDders even if only half stick with it and become decent FREDders that's 6 new FREDders for the community.

BTW this doesn't mean that sign ups are closed. We'll still take on new people. You haven't missed your chance :)

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
Fantastic job Kara getting this started :yes: :)

yeah pal, nice work.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sign me up for whichever mod needs another person. I have both versions of FRED, though my experience with it is entirely in the retail version...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Well then, u can sign me up. I have skills somewheres in between intermediate and average in FRED (retail). I'm learning to use the SCP version, but the ships keep turning green and screwing up my computer... so, I should probably try SCP if this is learning about FRED, as I understand.
EDIT: oops, my uber slowness has lost me a position, u've already assigned people. oh well!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 09:48:29 pm by 1943 »

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

uh... i've been around here for a while, lol, unless that was directed to someone else.

Offline redmenace

ngtm1r is brand stinkin new :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 10:20:57 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Inferno God, you can still sign up as far as I know. Maybe go and pick a mission in the other thread under SCP? I don't see why you couldn't still get in.

Offline redmenace

actually if I plan to create my narn-centauri war campaign. I need some skills and practice inorder to create it. can you pick up one more?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 10:26:15 pm by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

sign me up, i havnt tryed to fred in years, only ever made one working mission but i could use some skills and actually do something since i just finished school.