Author Topic: Voice Acting Blue Planet  (Read 19291 times)

Re: Voice Acting Blue Planet
KappaWing2.wav is the only one I hear background noise on.  Not sure where that was coming from. 

I'm going to record new samples; I was keeping my voice too low on a couple of them because I didn't want the other people in the house to wander in wondering who I was talking to.   :lol:  I'm home alone right now, so I should be able to get better ones.
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
Alright, I've finally got my lines in and ready. I needed to run through the campaign again and hand copy most of the lines outright, but with work, I've come up with an array of selections. I've attempted to make them easier to choose between, considering I wasn't able to narrow the choices down much further than this. Feedback would be much appreciated to help better myself.

Keep in mind that I'm trying for the position of the GTD Orestes Communications Officer when you listen to these. Failing that, I'll fill in for some of the minor comms officers if I have to.

BP - Admiral Bosch Impression
BP - Chasing the GTC Duke
BP - Bass Version of the Aforementioned
BP - Breaking Pitch in the Heat of Battle
BP - Cannae Take It Any More, Cap'n
BP - Being Myself
BP - Renjian
BP - Return to Base
BP - What's Our Vector, Victor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Thanks for your submissions, FoxtrotTango. This is definitely a role we're interested in filling. We'll let you know how things go.

Offline Tomo

Happy to record any 'incidentals' that are still needed - comms officers and other single-liners.

Attached is a quick snippet - natural voice without any emphasis.

If you can email/PM me a set of lines I can turn them around quite quickly and you can use what fits.

Let me know what peak and mean dBA you need to match levels, and how much preroll/postroll makes sense and I'll do first cut editing before sending them out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We're currently waiting on complete scripts from Darius before casting all the minor roles. But we're happy to take a look at samples!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hey folks. (Double post, I know.)

If you have submitted an audition and not received an explicit response, please bother me (preferably with resubmitted audio.) I'll be prompt this time.

We have currently completed voice acting work for Corey, Taylor, the Temeraire comms officer, Al'Fadil, and Lieutenant Nehru (more or less). We are waiting on Rear Admiral Carey and the Sanctuary to complete their roles.

We've cast a few different people as Sam. Mostly, we're waiting on responses.

We're also waiting on complete AoA scripts to do the minor roles. I think I'm going to generate these myself, since Darius is really busy with RL and War in Heaven. (I finally have access to FRED!)

Because both Rian and I are quite busy, progress has been slow, but we are over the hump in terms of casting (most) of the major roles. Sam himself and Sam's father are the big ones remaining.

Offline Tomo

Here's a few incidentals.

Let me know if they are at sensible levels, and if there are any other lines you'd like.
- I can export to OGG Vorbis or the raw WAV if preferred, but I know everyone can play an MP3.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
These are excellent, Tomo. Except they're very quiet. But your mic seems good and your voice is suitable for some pretty nice roles.

I'm going to conference your samples with Rian tonight and then get in touch. In the meantime, could you just boost the volume? I'll get you the specifics of format and so on when we cast you.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Battuta, are you using the Voice Acting Manager in FRED?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
To generate scripts? Yeah.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We just got lines in from our Sam Bei actor! That means our effort is over the big hump (although, of course, we still have to do retakes on a few lines.)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
w00t! If there's a mod/campaign that needs awesome A+ grade voice actors, THIS is it :)

Offline IronForge

• You Most Make Estimate!
  • Banned for failing to make a campaign in one month
Any ETA yet? End year I hear?  :lol: :lol:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Summer's coming up, so we'll have more time.

We're probably not going to take too much longer to get lines recorded, assuming we can find actors for the minor roles. But we also have to normalize everything, make sure it's all in the correct format, and get it it ingame. We may need to get in touch with a more pro individual to get that done.

I would be willing to try some voice acting. I've done amateur/public radio, and had a podcast for a while. I'd be willing to do a Comms/Control officer, or perhaps a generic plot-device wingman/pilot. I'll try and find some lines to do, and I'll post here when I get them done.

Also, playing through BP in between work and writing. Fantastic work, guys. It'll be like 150% more awesome with voices.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That'd be ideal! Here are our current lines: Check it out.

Also, I believe Darius just fixed a bug with the ending, so you should go redownload the campaign from the BP 3.6.10 thread - I don't think you'll lose any of your progress.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Give me a chance to get home. I'll have a look-see tonight and get one or two done (depending on bandwith it may have to wait til the weekend.)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This one's all done. Lockin' er up.