Author Topic: FS2_Open Launcher OS X 3.0 Notification  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Soulstorm

• You really don't want to know!
    • Soulstorm's Personnal Webspace
FS2_Open Launcher OS X 3.0 Notification
I am starting a new thread so that anyone can see it. I will also update any links I can find...

Well, gys it seems things are screwed once again and my current ISP is giving me headaches. I moved some time ago, and I changed phone account. My old account was deleted and I don't have access to my old web space, that stored the update data and newest versions of the Launcher. www.soulstorm-creations.com is fine, and I intend to tranfer all the data in there. However, the Launcher until version 3.1 will consult the old web location when searching for updates, in which I don't have access to.

That means that in order to make the "check for updates" button work again, I must make an newer version, that must be downloaded non-automatically. I will post a link here when it is ready.

Sorry for what inconvenience that may cause, but believe me, there is no other way. Until problems resolve, you can download any newer versions of the Launcher here.

Check back in this thread often. I will post a link soon...
Soulstorm's website -- Articles, Programs, Forums, 3D art, and many more.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: FS2_Open Launcher OS X 3.0 Notification
The OS X Launcher is working just fine at my end. Thanks for your work, Soulstorm, much obliged. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Soulstorm

• You really don't want to know!
    • Soulstorm's Personnal Webspace
Re: FS2_Open Launcher OS X 3.0 Notification
Thanks. Nevertheless, for the sake of completeness, I decided not to wait to have to update the application and then urging the users to download from another location.

So, I have everything set up. There are 3 ways to update the application so that it reflects the most recent server changes. Choose what fits you best.

I also improved the read-me file, with information on adding standalone mods to the Launcher, and some more information.

I strongly insist on making the change now. Otherwise, you will have no way of downloading future updates using the "Check For Updates" Button!

Please post back to tell me if everything works fine.

EDIT: Sorry for the unnecessary links, the forum converts them automatically in active links. Anyway, treat them as plain text, find in the document the specified string, and replace it with the given one.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:37:35 am by Soulstorm »
Soulstorm's website -- Articles, Programs, Forums, 3D art, and many more.