Author Topic: Voice Actor Available, If Anyone Needs Me. (can voice all accents, and ages)  (Read 2682 times)

Voice Actor Available, If Anyone Needs Me. (can voice all accents, and ages)
ive noticed that a lot of people are remaking (updating?) some old mods for fs1/2 and a lot of them do not have voice overs.
**if you dont want to read my rambling shennannigans, just read paragraphs starting with  :pimp: and you can skip the rest of my craziness**
  :pimp: ive actually done a little VO work for a local studio, on some crappy cartoon that used to play on public access here.

i only worked for a few weeks though, as i did happen to have one problem that i just couldnt resolve. it was very hard for me to maintain the accents at the same time as matching up with the lip flaps on screen. and the cartoonists were not that talented, i think the show maybe had half as many frames per second as most cartoons, so the lip movements were even more jumpy than normal. (thankfully, that wont be a problem here)  the show was about a brother and sister, who met and helped a bunch of crazy looney tune types on their walk to school. they would use what they learned in school the previous day to help out their cartoon friends. (well the kids were cartoons too, but human. the critters were definately more like looney tunes) it could delve into some serious issues, such as drug abuse, crime, and even pedophiles. i think the show had the right intentions, but they didnt deliver the message quite the right way, and were taken off the air 2 months later  due to parent request. they found a lot of stuff in there to be innapropriate for children. i think the pedophile episode was the final nail in the coffin. (i had already left by then).

:pimp: i think i voiced 3 or 4 (cant remember if i EVER did the 4th, or were SUPPOSED to do the 4th) different characters.

:pimp: 1.  A drug addicted rabbit (think bugs bunny , strung out on meth, crack or whatever life altering addictive drug they had him on, they never said) who used a nervous, high pitched ebonic language with many twitches, like someone with tourettes syndrome.

:pimp: 2. A police officer (no, not a pig, lol! .... he was a chimpanzee) who used a southern accent, texas flavoured, with an authoratative voice, like what you would expect from a texas sherrif.

:pimp: 3. the doorman. (this butler guy would pop up while the kids were on the way to school, with a magic door, tell them what the cartoony world needed help with, and then take them through the "oh so overused cliche of a door leading to another world ***Cough... Narnia....Cough***" door. he was an older monacle using, suit with coattails wearing, polished gentleman cane twirling, top hat wearing cliche of the turn of the century british gentleman, mixed liberally with the monopoly man. i used a british accent, while aging my voice, made the voice a slight bit scratchy, and did a bit of the country bumpkin british accent inflections to round him out, so that he would sound just like he looked. you would know how he sounded if you read this line. "by jove! come, children, ive a wee nip of tea waiting for you once you finish helping that bloody blatherscythe of a hare!"

4. thank god this one never came to be. they always laughed at my bill clinton voice, and were going to work it in. the clinton character was going to be a pig in a suit, running for mayor.of course they werent gonna call him clinton, so i was VERY surprised when i got the script only to see that they had named him Bill Lewinsky. i mean, come on! the writers really felt that was gonna fly?

:pimp: anyway, i can do any age, any race or accent, and do them fairly well. my only limitations are than i have a deep voice, so its hard for me to do any female leads (us guys can pull off cartoonish sounding ones, sometimes.) i also have problems making voices sound younger, but seeing as how most games wont need many females, and NO one is gonna let a 5 year old fly a ship, then i dont see a problem there.
i can do several specific voices, in case anyone would like to make a humorous non canonical mod.
some examples of specific imitations are:
bill clinton
the croc hunter
Mr Mackey (from south park, MMmmm'kay?)
i can also do many non human, demonic and alien voices, though i ask for patience doing these voices, as they are very hard on the throat, and just 10 minutes of the demonic voice can leave me with near voice loss for almost the whole day.

:pimp: i work from home, designing game frameworks and pen and paper combat engines (ie dungeons and dragons/shadowrun types) as well as selling collectibles and card games/minifig war games, so i am almost ALWAYS available for VO work.

im not cheap however. i demand to be paid 500$ (monopoly money ONLY, dont try to slip me any bills from those other games!) a day, and i demand to be paid bi-weekly, only on the 7th month of years ending in 2, 6, and 9. the said money can be placed in an imaginary evnvelope and given to the easter bunny, who will deliver it to me via telepathic osmosis. I also require full medical and dental insurance that exclusively covers ingrown toenails of the right big toe ONLY, and the dental should cover ONLY wisdom teeth that have been previously removed, bronzed and polished. these insurance policies must not be redeemable at any state, public, or private hospital anywhere on earth. i only trust
Dr. Tu' Kleep'da"Ranja, DDS, who has a pleasant little clinic located in the subterranean confines of asteroid XJ-793, currently in orbit around the moon Europa (he loves to ice fish, so who could blame the guy for moving there?).

if for any reason you cannot meet my very reasonable demands, well then, sir or madam, you may still have my work, but you will forever live with the guilt and shame of not paying me.
so if you feel you can live with the guilt, gnawing at your heart for all eternity, or happen to have some spare monopoly cash (from the 1965 release of monopoly only! none of that newer crap, or i will know!)
 :pimp: then please either reply here, or Message me, or email me at [email protected].

:pimp: you guys do great work here, and all joking and silliness aside, i would be honored to work with the modders here to help them flesh out their ideas and visions for what they want to create. if my voice can help you in any way, then consider it yours. i am happy to provide samples to anyone, simply message me the lines to read, and the age/accent you wish the character to have, as well as any notes on specifics (like the character having a lisp, a gravelly voice, stutters, etc.) mayble let me know as well the situation the char is in, so that i know the context of the lines.
despite my goofing around with the post, i assure you i have a professional attitude towards my work, and wont require any babysitting or badgering to finish my workload. if you need help writing either the story or the lines, i am happy to help with those as well, as ive been writing for most of my life, focusing mainly on fiction novels and short stories.

if you care to see a sample of my writing, i can provide the prologue for my novel which i am writing. it describes the character whose name i use online. please enjoy, but do not spread it around. i have a tentative deal with ballantine press for publishing, and the material is copyrighted by me.
i will post said prologue by tomorrow, as i have to format it from .doc to .txt and i want to clear that this is ok, and does not compromise my contracts with my publisher. i will email my editor about it as soon as im done posting this. im sure it will be fine, i just want to make sure that i cover all the bases so that they cant try and screw me out of any of my money, or royalties, because i warn all of you who might want to publish something some day, hire a lawyer to read the contract, because they have ways of sticking it to you left and right. also, please note that the character volyren nightsong is an assassin, and while deep down, he may be a good guy, his work is still dark and gruesome, and may be innapropriate for younger readers, or people who might me offended or bothered by the subject matter entailed. ( i will work on getting that link up ASAP, though i would ask any moderators if it would be better to post a link to an outside upload of the file, attach it here, or simply place the block of text either in this post or a seperate one. i can easily do any of those, but would prefer not to block text it, as then search engines tend to grab it and i dont want too much getting out until its published and the check is cashed, if you catch my meaning.)
thank you for reading my hideously long post. (i really must try to cut down on the ammount of text, its just hard for me to do. being a writer, you have to describe everything in detail, and its a habit that is hard to suppress)

:pimp: i hope to work with you soon.
may your graphics be crisp, your sound bright, and your bugs few.
-Josh
"Think you've got what it takes to beat me? HA! You don't have a paper dog's chance of catching an asbestos cat in Hell."

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Re: Voice Actor Available, If Anyone Needs Me. (can voice all accents, and ages)
You could be interested checking the Voice-Acting Subforum.

They are always in need of talented people !  :yes:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: Voice Actor Available, If Anyone Needs Me. (can voice all accents, and ages)
Consider auditioning for bp wih.

Also, do you have any samples lying around? I'm in need of a voice actor who can play a slightly over the top malevolent villain/mastermind.

Edit: Read the post, PM sent
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:15:58 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

im not cheap however. i demand to be paid 500$ (monopoly money ONLY, dont try to slip me any bills from those other games!) a day, and i demand to be paid bi-weekly, only on the 7th month of years ending in 2, 6, and 9. the said money can be placed in an imaginary evnvelope and given to the easter bunny, who will deliver it to me via telepathic osmosis. I also require full medical and dental insurance that exclusively covers ingrown toenails of the right big toe ONLY, and the dental should cover ONLY wisdom teeth that have been previously removed, bronzed and polished. these insurance policies must not be redeemable at any state, public, or private hospital anywhere on earth. i only trust
Dr. Tu' Kleep'da"Ranja, DDS, who has a pleasant little clinic located in the subterranean confines of asteroid XJ-793, currently in orbit around the moon Europa (he loves to ice fish, so who could blame the guy for moving there?).

if for any reason you cannot meet my very reasonable demands, well then, sir or madam, you may still have my work, but you will forever live with the guilt and shame of not paying me.
so if you feel you can live with the guilt, gnawing at your heart for all eternity, or happen to have some spare monopoly cash (from the 1965 release of monopoly only! none of that newer crap, or i will know!)
 :pimp: then please either reply here, or Message me, or email me at [email protected].
This paragraph cracked me up.

i will check the subforum. and no, i dont have samples handy, right now im on a laptop, but i have a tower comp and mic i could use, i would have to do a little testing to make sure i can filter out any background noise. and i can do villainous as well as over the top, but you will have to set me some ground rules. are we talking gary oldman over the top, or jeremy irons over the top (i cringe everytime i see irons in a film. if you have seen him in the dungeons and dragons movies, you know what i mean) because there is over the top, and then there is so over the top that somehow the top has become the bottom.
anywho, give me a little better idea of how you would like him to sound. if you have a reference you could point me to, i would be better able to understand what you need. (ie sound like Q from star trek, or clint eastwood from dirty harry, etc.)
also, if i cant find a halfway decent mic laying around here, i will try to use the laptop mic, but i do have a plan b. my android phone records voice pretty well, without any background noise. i can transfer those files to the comp via usb, and im sure with a little fiddling about i can convert them to useable format. i would ask you to be a little patient with me though, right now its as hot as hell. im in greenwood south carolina. the outside temp says 103, the humidity is near 100 percent, and according to the news, we are experiencing some sort of heat dome affect, which is adding to the heat index. according to the news, its gonna be around 125-130 today, or rather, thats what its going to feel like and affect you like, even if the mercury only goes a little over 100. long story short, i have central air, and a window unit in both the bedroom, where i am, and in the living room, and right now i have all of them plus the overhead fan, and a small oscillating fan blowing right in my face. and even with all that, the inside temp here is still 86 degrees. (i like to keep my house at around 67-68 degrees most of the time. i was born in ireland, and i cannot handle the heat, even though ive been in SC since i was three.
so there is no way for me to get a clear sample until i turn off the window units and the fans. that means i will probably be doing the work at night, probably after midnight, maybe even after 1am east coast time, because it generally doesnt cool off that much until then.
tell you what. tonight i will try to zip together a sample package of various voices. i can range from heroic to evil, cartoony to serious. i really can do nearly everything. not trying to brag or anything. i just do voices all the time. sometimes i will even walk around a store/restaurant and use a new accent ive been working on, and i know ive perfected it when people start asking me where im from, and all the ladies start batting eyelashes at me (much to the distress of my fiancee  :pimp: ) keep in mind that i am a white guy who due to irish heritage is so white, ive been known to be a natural nightlight in a dark room. cant tan to save my life. but once i was doing a mexican accent, speaking the few words i know in spanish. i was sitting in the back of a truck as we drove to a local river with an awesome natural slide. (water makes the extremely large rock very slick, hence its name, "Slick Rock") we pulled up to a red light and a group of uber rednecks pulled up next to us. (rebel flag painted on the side of the truck kind of rednecks....) they asked us for directions to someplace, i dont recall. my two friends, didnt know, and they guy asked me. so in my broken english accent, i replied "que? i... uh .... no ... comprehende? no habla englais" he looked a little perplexed at this total white boy, talking like he just jumped the fence, then he shrugged. "aw hell man,aint none ta worries, i caint barley speek no dang eeenglush neethur"
the laughter had to be contained. at least until the drive off.
anyway, there i went again, off on a damned tangent. suffice to say, i would be happy to work with you, i will try to get together a voice sample package, and in the meantime, if you could give me an idea of what the character you want help with sounds like, either through pointing me at a similar sounding voice, or just through description, i will get to work on it tonight.
later, guys (and maybe gals?....im sure there must be one or two here, at least. safely hiding their identities for fear of a fleet of sub adult ships tracking her down and launching a broadside of A/S/L torpedos  ;7 )
"Think you've got what it takes to beat me? HA! You don't have a paper dog's chance of catching an asbestos cat in Hell."