Author Topic: Diaspora on facebook.  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Richard

Diaspora on facebook.
Hi guys,
I was looking for a Diaspora facebook group but not any exist.
So I propose to create (I can create it and add your vidéo, your pictures and more) one to make you more popular for the fans who don't know the project.

Are you okay?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora on facebook.
The Diaspora team have no issue with people setting up fansites. In fact I still drop by the BtRL fansites like BSGPilots whenever I can. What we would have an issue with though is you setting up an official Diaspora Facebook page for us.

The issue is simply that on a fansite anything you get wrong is simply something a fan got wrong, but anything on an official page is going to cause us issues with people saying "But your Facebook page says...." Furthermore there is always the ever present issue of fans who start something and then never finish/update it. A Diaspora Facebook page would need to be updated to match our website and ModDB entries. It's going to look pretty bad for us if someone searches for Diaspora on Facebook and found an official looking page that hadn't been updated for 2 years. I'd rather they found nothing and moved to Google than that.

So in short, we've got no problem as long as you make it clear you're a fan and can't speak for the team. The same goes for any other social networks people think we should be on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Richard

I understand it's a real problème if the members of facebook take the information as official, they can come here and say "But your official facebook was saying...". For the I can write on the group description :"This is not an official group! And I don't speak for the Diaspora team!"
For the up to date of the group i juste have too be serious and read here and Modb as you said.

And for infomation you are on a french Battlestar Galactica's fan site  here : http://www.battlestargalactica-online.com/bsg_forum/ftopic3212.php  (nota: this site will be close the 28Th february.)

Thanks for your answer.