Author Topic: Release: 3.6.16 Final  (Read 33278 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just stick with the BP builds when playing Blue Planet, use this for other stuff.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That, or use BP builds for everything, like I do. Going from BP builds to 3.6.16 could actually be considered a downgrade. :) They're usually pretty stable (and if they aren't they're quickly fixed).

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Congratulations all involved. :yes:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
That, or use BP builds for everything, like I do. Going from BP builds to 3.6.16 could actually be considered a downgrade. :) They're usually pretty stable (and if they aren't they're quickly fixed).
Bad idea, if you want to see next engine releases reasonably soon. Use various compatible test builds whenever possible and report encountered bugs. Shiny stuff is not the most important stuff  :nono:
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
While I do agree the BP builds at least provide good testing for the 3.7 pilot code.

Offline Solatar

I've been playing through a bunch of stuff with this release build, and it (like the RC) seems very stable.  I can't really quantify how much more stable, but I haven't run into any problems that weren't my own mod data.  :yes:

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Speaking as a layman who has no idea about SCP's inner workings, I like this. Very much.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
And here's some more Linux builds for different distros (32/64bit Intel architecture only).

• To install, click the 'Download Package' link, select your OS and follow the instructions
  • RPMs install to /usr/bin, DEBs install to /usr/games/bin (eh - I just did what lintian recommended)
  • If you use wxlauncher, copy or link the binaries to your FSO/TC game folder so it can find them

Any feedback is appreciated! :D

Very good! Will try to check these out.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
While I do agree the BP builds at least provide good testing for the 3.7 pilot code.
The nightly builds will soon enough have that feature in them, in the mean time we are still finding regressions in this release so testing the knightlies is still better.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Cyker

I would just like to say: THANK YOU FOR COMPILING IT IN VC2008 AND NOT 2010 <3 <3 <3

You have made a Win2k user very happy :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad you appreciate it. :)  We also support VC2005 and VC6, though I haven't posted builds compiled under those environments.  I suppose I should.

Offline Cyker

I don't think VC6 works any more; I was trying to patch and compile a BP exe that worked on mine but there is a dependency in globalincs/vmallocator.h for an STL component that VC6 doesn't support (hash_map).

Going to try and find my 2005 Express Edition CD (Although that depends on me finding the ancient Learning Visual C++ book it was attached to :lol: ) and try that next! That at least should support hash_map.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, hash_map isn't provided in the base VC6 library, I forgot to mention that.  On my list of things to do is to add a substitute from STLport.  That's currently the only thing that prevents full compatibilty.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
VC6 works on 3.6.16, the BP patch is what is breaking compatibility I believe.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

What is the current media VP version? I'm running version 3.6.12 at the moment, but as that's 2 versions behind the current build, maybe I've missed an update?

If there's a media package above 3.6.12, can someone chuck a link up for me please?

Offline Luis Dias

No, the current mediavp version is the 3.6.12

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
Milestone achieved, congrats.

Why is it good that FS2 was compiled on VC2008 and not VC2010? and why you're looking to compile on older VC versions?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Release: 3.6.16 Final
Why is it good that FS2 was compiled on VC2008 and not VC2010? and why you're looking to compile on older VC versions?

The answer to that question was in the post you are referencing. VS2010 and later can only make executables for Windows XP and later versions, but since some people still use older versions of Windows, they have to resort to using older compilers to make compatible executables.

(The problem with this, as evidenced here, is that those same compilers are not compatible with some of the newer C++ language features like std::hash_map that newer code uses).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
Oh OK, thanks, I didn't know some people here still use Win 2K or older, anyway Win 2K is the oldest Windows that actually is worth using, maybe even supporting. I'd recommend to those users that you use old Windows for older system not for newer ones for some dumb romantic reasons, besides support hardware parts are not manufactured anymore so, move on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:54:46 am by technopredator »

Offline Luis Dias

"older" versions of Windows?

Madness!