Author Topic: The new page... go boldly :-)  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
The new page... go boldly :-)
I REALLY LIKE IT

Still some bits of lorem ipsum, 404s and rough content in parts. But overall, it is great. I also like the Monthly Plan idea as it matches modern audience expectations. No ideas were the news are going to be placed though...        finally, I was not aware of any StarTrek content here. Sure it is a good idea to reference this, talking about expectation management and stuff? My first reaction was: "we had a new Total Conversion announced"  ;)

EDIT: If there is already a discussion thread somewhere, please move my post over there. But I failed to find any...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: The new page... go boldly :-)
Monthly donation? You got it.

Except Paypal is also having problems and my donation wouldn't go through...
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The new site is basically still under heavy development. Lots of placeholder content in there. There were delays in getting actual content from people, so the decision was made to launch as-is, and hope to shame said parties into anteing (sp?) up.

Just so you know where my responsibilities lie WRT the website, I'm in change of building the skeleton - creating the pages and sections for others to populate. So if there's a missing section (like the News at this moment), let me know. If, on the other hand, a page has placeholder content... well, I'm not sure who to tell you to bug. I guess bug the first admin you see. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

The new page inspired me to donate.  :)

So I chose the Orion (7 euro) monthly plan and paypal seemed to accept it :cool:

This is my contribution to this great community. I want it to live as long as possible!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

So I chose the Orion (7 euro) monthly plan and paypal seemed to accept it :cool:

This is my contribution to this great community. I want it to live as long as possible!

Awesome, thank you so much!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

w007 w007!! ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Vidmaster

so this works now? I can switch my usual christmas present over to a subscription?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Subscriptions have worked for years as far as I am aware; was there a problem with them beforehand?

On another topic, I've re-created the last 4 highlights and added them to the frontpage.

Offline Vidmaster

Subscriptions have worked for years as far as I am aware; was there a problem with them beforehand?

Ah, now I know. The Paypal Recurring Donation requires a Credit Card and I require my Credit Card to be unknown to Paypal :-)  I shall stick to the yearly Christmas present then.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
I agree it looks a lot better. Before, I used  to tell my friends "so hmm you have to download FS2 on GoG or steam, then you go on this topic and follow the instructions. Yeah it's a bit messy sorry.". Now it's much cleaner  :yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Speaking of cleaner, Knossos is working well enough that you can install and test mods on it. :yes:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Before that makes the front page, it needs the updated Welcome Wizard and several other basic usability bugs fixed.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
Speaking of cleaner, Knossos is working well enough that you can install and test mods on it. :yes:
Awesome!