Author Topic: Feature Request: Include Bank Controls In Set-Camera-Facing SEXP  (Read 918 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Feature Request: Include Bank Controls In Set-Camera-Facing SEXP
I've got an instance in my work for Inferno, where I'm attempting to pan the camera to another point, but I want the camera to remain level to the horizon.  I considered making a request for a lock-camera-absolute-bank sexp, which would take the camera's bank angle compared to the universe and lock it to that plane.  With it active, no matter what the camera pans to, its bank angle would remain parallel to the angle it was at when the lock was enabled, until it is unlocked again.  The other option I considered which would meet my needs would be to modify the set-camera-facing sexp to allow manual control of the camera bank angle during its pan or reposition.  I then got a look at the similar set-object-facing sexp and noticed that it already had that option.  Since these two sexps are so similar, it seems to my unenlightened mind that adding manual bank controls to set-camera-facing should be relatively trivial.  If that is correct, then I request just such an upgrade.

set-camera-facing
-<set X position to face>
-<set Y position to face>
-<set Z position to face>
--Optional--
-<Total Turn Time, msecs>
-<Time for Acce/Decel, msecs>
-<Time for Decel, msec>
-<Bank angle, in degrees, negative or positive to indicate direction to turn>

The bank time, accel and decel time for the bank change would be the same as those indicated for the main pan, unless someone would rather be able to make those options separate, in which case the 3 additional fields for time and accel/decel would need to be added.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!