Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 240058 times)

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
beds are having issues...keep getting sent to spawn when dead or "/home" is used.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Recently noticed compasses don't point to my bed in single player... has it been like that since they started the localhost stuff? Hope they fix it :(

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think compasses have always pointed to the original world spawn, not your bed, unless I'm mistaken.

Yep, from the wiki: "Sleeping in a bed will change your respawn point, but will not change the original spawn point and the location the compass points towards."

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
beds are having issues...keep getting sent to spawn when dead or "/home" is used.

Will look into it.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
On a related note, how do I pass a night via sleeping? Seems like when I get sent to the dreamworld and type /wakeup, no time has passed (yes, I was the only one online at the time).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Will look into it.

Looked into it. From now on, use /set home, and /home.

On a related note, how do I pass a night via sleeping? Seems like when I get sent to the dreamworld and type /wakeup, no time has passed (yes, I was the only one online at the time).

Chrono trigger. Or cheat and use admin powers.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Turns out Magic Launcher is a breeze to set up and use, so I'm back in business everywhere.  Woo!

Am I the only one who hasn't kept up on what's going into the big 1.5 Redstone Update?  Because holy ****, look at this stuff.  I can't even imagine what the redstone gurus will be able to pull off now.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Turns out Magic Launcher is a breeze to set up and use, so I'm back in business everywhere.  Woo!

Yes, yes it is. That is why my modpack comes with it, is designed for it, and the README only explains how to use the pack with it. :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I was originally leaning towards MultiMC, since it seemed more fully-featured at first, but it turned out that Magic Launcher was able to do everything I needed.  Plus functionally, it seems like it's almost identical to what wxLauncher will hopefully become for us.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm probably one of the few peopel who doesn't care about redstone and would rather see more different aditions.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I'm probably one of the few peopel who doesn't care about redstone and would rather see more different aditions.

I mostly just use it for lamps.
I'd like some more variety of mobs, personally . . . hostile ones. Or better dungeons. Though the world is already spawned so whatever. If one can make a large rail network, why not a medium-large dungeon network with some minor temple entrance on the surface. There's the better dungeons mod but I've not played with it much.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Temples with mummies sound good at 00.40 am
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'd like the abiltiy to select placed pictures... and turn villagers into armed guards.
I can't belive it STILL isn't in.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'd like the abiltiy to select placed pictures... and turn villagers into armed guards.

Well, there IS the Iron Golem or whatever you want to call it. Technically, that is an armed guard
"No"

Well at least they finally put in pumpkin pie.
Which sounds silly but pumpkins to me were useless before that. Not gonna put one on my head, and not gonna decorate my house with 'em either.

Which sounds silly but pumpkins to me were useless before that. Not gonna put one on my head, and not gonna decorate my house with 'em either.

For the longest time, aside from glowstone blocks, jack-o-lanterns were the only lightsource that you could use underwater.  When I was building my underwater domes on the old map, my one pumpkin was probably the single, most important block that I had available to me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Glowstone also takes a ****ton more effort to obtain

And now it's Minecraft 1.4.7
I swear, everytime I opened Minecraft this past while, it's been a new update. Then again, I've clicked it very sparingly these past few...
"No"

For the longest time, aside from glowstone blocks, jack-o-lanterns were the only lightsource that you could use underwater.  When I was building my underwater domes on the old map, my one pumpkin was probably the single, most important block that I had available to me.

Yeah it would be useful in that circumstance. Never built underwater, have enough problems dying above water.

Ooooh, they should create an item that's torch materials + slime goo to create a throwable torch that'll stick to the surface it hits. Probably not super useful, but might be cool.

Still would like some extra mobs though. Only new mass mob is the whither skeleton from what I understand. Whither and witch are location specific. Create a couple more that are specific to above or below ground. Not sure what else would be interesting. Oooh, maybe a water mob. Not a swimming one but like a swamp thing type guy. Only spawns in or near water at certain light level, but comes out to chase you down. Maybe throws mud that slows player for a short time as it moves in to melee. Would be sufficiently different

It might be an idea to choose and designate an area as a sort of, city akin to the spawn village in the last server. Getting a place where people specifically are meant to build together, might help to promote some more activity if not a lot of people are playing. Not that I'm of course one to talk, as I've not been on very often (been playing FO:NV) and even were I to play I'd probably work foremost on my own base which'll still take me forever.

But if people had a place to build together, maybe with the only restriction being to mark out one's plot ahead of time with some gravel square or whatnot, perhaps with restrictions on size and with some small consideration to roads, then might get more people on, for a time. And it would be interesting to see how the city developed organically. Not sure what place would be ideal, aside from that desert with the portal place though building in a desert is sorta crappy and I'm not sure what houses are nearby that may eventually get infringed upon.

But if people had a place to build together, maybe with the only restriction being to mark out one's plot ahead of time with some gravel square or whatnot, perhaps with restrictions on size and with some small consideration to roads, then might get more people on, for a time. And it would be interesting to see how the city developed organically. Not sure what place would be ideal, aside from that desert with the portal place though building in a desert is sorta crappy and I'm not sure what houses are nearby that may eventually get infringed upon.

I'd be down for that. It would be nice to have a little project to work on between the big one I'm currently doing, and the really big one I have planned.