Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239987 times)

I hear that creeper protection isn't working on the new server.
EDIT: I have confirmed that creeper protection is off.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:19:52 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Tossed on Creeper Heal.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Thanks! And the Fenris thanks you also, I'm sure.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Fenris/Herc/Apollo are in a no-mob zone that you can fly in. :P

On the subject of the server change: Thanks for your service and help over the past years Qaz, I've always enjoyed having a server to share with everyone who plays MC here on HLP. Definitely hope to see you around on the new server, especially for longer periods of time if possible when I'm on. =)

The new server sounds absolutely impressive, I'll make sure to jump in and see if I can notice certain performance increases on my end with those potential masses of villagers who still need to be spread around the growing town.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Might be tempted to join the server in the future.

Bah, I'd be farming chickens all day and determined to spread a chain of Bosch themed beer stands. Pity we don't have Bosch beer though.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Or beer in general, for that matter.  Get on it Jeb!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
On the subject of the server change: Thanks for your service and help over the past years Qaz, I've always enjoyed having a server to share with everyone who plays MC here on HLP. Definitely hope to see you around on the new server, especially for longer periods of time if possible when I'm on. =)

The new server sounds absolutely impressive, I'll make sure to jump in and see if I can notice certain performance increases on my end with those potential masses of villagers who still need to be spread around the growing town.

Ya...........................

Server transfers dont like to save villager locations...

I may have to give you a crap load of spawn eggs again.  :nono:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I've been to his village after the server change. The villagers are there but a lot of them died due to a massive zombie siege.
You got no golems on the upper part of the town.

EDIT:
I also broke your fence at one place and forgot to repair it.

EDIT2:
NPC village is deserted. Seems like all the villagers died.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:26:09 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Creeper heal, huh? I remember watching Hat Films' "Hatventures" adventure map series on YouTube and one of them had a lot of trouble in a creeper dungeon because they got killed by creepers, had their items (including quest items!) drop in the crater, and then get eaten by the ground healing over the craters. Same mod by any chance?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Possibly, but recent experience shows the items being moved up to the top.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
To whomever built that Minas Tirith-like keeep (the huge one with several circular walls) - my hats off to you. That is damn impressive for survival.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You mean Turambar's giant cobblestone tower dicks? (his own name) North of the spawn desert?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I think he means the concentric circular walls at the far west edge of the explored map.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

To whomever built that Minas Tirith-like keeep (the huge one with several circular walls) - my hats off to you. That is damn impressive for survival.

That's me.
And it's not yet finished. :P Still gotta build the tower and fill in the areas with cielings and such.
In fact most of it is just big empty rooms and hallways right now. Impressive from the outside, fairly lame in the inside :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:30:43 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
That's me.
And it's not yet finished. :P Still gotta build the tower and fill in the areas with cielings and such.
In fact most of it is just big empty rooms and hallways right now. Impressive from the outside, fairly lame in the inside :P

Fill out your Minecraft profile in your forum account, dude. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Also, seems the chest protection/locking is gone too with the server change.
All previously private chests are now public.

Just a heads-up if you find your most valubale items missing - it wasn't me.

Also, while I'm a generous guy and I freely let anyone plunder my chests wihout asking, I draw the line at the really rare ones - dimonds, emeralds, mossy cobblstone, etc... For those you have to ask.

EDIT:
Another discovery - all the lamp posts along the gravel roads from spawn? They are too damn low.
Riding a horse along the road you end up hurtin and smacking every one of them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:36:47 am by TrashMan »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, lots of corridors and paths need to be adjusted due to mounted traffic... especially since many horses are faster than rail travel!

What's that red ring on dynamap?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
World border. Says so when you click it.