Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239846 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
and only now does vanilla minecraft start looking more like something out of buildcraft? :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Hey, what version is the server running right now?
Also, could the first post be updated when the server is? It'll make it easier to find the current one than searching through the last few pages.

Also, could the first post be updated when the server is? It'll make it easier to find the current one than searching through the last few pages.

It's 1.6.4 still

and only now does vanilla minecraft start looking more like something out of buildcraft? :p

Yeah with those chests I'm going to try and set up an automated minecart hopper run that'll bring my stuff from the mine up into those chests so I can stay down there longer. Gonna need a crapload more iron first.

I wish there were better transport pipes though, the only way to move stuff around is with multiple droppers I think. And I dunno doesn't seem ideal. They're going for a medieval aesthetic and pipes don't fit the bill I guess :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:44:46 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I plopped the version in with the rest of the server info.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Necro!

Good news/medium news time.

Good news:
1) Updating to 1.7.5.

2)  Servers are moving from OCN to Vert. This should not effect you besides a new IP address and maybe a little downtime. The server is on the east coast of Canada, not LA. Lower ping for those of you in europe, yay!

Medium news:
1) In order to justify such a lightly used server (it really is), it will become more public. It will be taking the place of the standard "vanilla" server.

2) Due to it's more openness, it will be getting full on griefer protection, as well as moderator support when needed. (Hopefully never)

The world will NOT be wiped unless there is a majority vote to do so. The rules are less strict on Vert, so I do not expect there will be any complications in the swearing department. HLP's usual talk should be fine.

I will expand /home ability to make up for a lack of RuneCraft, I know you guys are spread out a lot.

----------------------------------------

I'll PM Mongoose when the new IP is ready and ask him to update the OP for me, as well as make a post when it's done.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ooooh.... what do you mean when you say, "It will be taking the place of the standard "vanilla" server" ?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ooooh.... what do you mean when you say, "It will be taking the place of the standard "vanilla" server" ?

Being a larger server, it has a Bungeecord proxy hub. The hub links to Creative, Factions/PVP, Vanilla, and Minigames.  These are actual servers, not worlds. Vanilla would not mean a JAR straight from mojang, but it does mean minimal to no ability beyond standard minecraft, a typical survival server.

Usual "No griefing, be nice to others" ruleset applies (unlike Factions where it's your job to be an asshat), and I'd allow for a few /homes and /spawn. Obviously all the moderation tools would be in place, including Prism, but it would not be available to the players. Any staff which would have that ability to do more would be required to only use it for moderation purposes, and would get in trouble if using them for normal playing.

Layout of the hub:

The server would be accessible by going to the gate behind you when you spawn, and then to the gate for vanilla. I'll probably add a simple GUI menu (right-click compass, click world) to make it simpler, but it doesn't have it for now.

If you're worried about fenris, it was done using creative mode anyway, and we have a space world on the creative server. Pretty simple math there.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Nope, not worried, just curious. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For the record, SkinnedRat's a friend of mine. He might settle somewhere on the server.

Sounds cool. Haven't played any minecraft in a while but I'm sure I'll get back to it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:00:31 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Everyone who plays minecraft or has it on their computer should stop what they're doing and play the game today (the latest version). And when you do, linger in the menu screen/world create.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:07:12 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Everyone who plays minecraft or has it on their computer should stop what they're doing and play the game today (the latest version). And when you do, linger in the menu screen/world create.

This should be permanent.

Spoiler:
youtube search "element animation"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Moving the server now. Plugins on the other end have been completed, or enough to run. Should be done by the end of the day, will give an IP when done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:33:33 pm by KyadCK »

Great to know, Kyad, I'll look forward to see the end result. :)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
IP: VertGaming.com
Port: MC standard (25565)
Version: 1.7.5

How to get to your server:
 - Take the portal behnd you when you spawn.
 - Walk forward to intersection.
 - Take path on right.
 - Enter portal to "Vanilla" server.

The permissions are DIFFERENT. For starters you now have access to at least one /home. I have copied over your Essentials data, so you will join in where you logged out. I suggest setting a home right away. The server will probably require some tweaking. Let me know about any problems.

The server also comes with a Teamspeak, being part of Vert's Game servers;

TS IP: VertGaming.com

Myself and the other admins/mods should be available there almost every day, and we have rooms set aside for Minecraft.

If a mod could copy this info to the OP, that would be great.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:37:58 pm by KyadCK »

Rock, I'm gonna so build some stuff.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Cool beans.  Got it into the OP too.

Oh, right: is there a dynmap set up for this?  The old IP for it still loads, but just to a blank page.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:41:40 am by Mongoose »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HMmmm...might drop by again.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Is it open for anyone to enter?
I might drop by and start building a small house with my always present huge farm :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Yes it is open to everyone. The ban list has been removed as well, and will be integrated with the other servers. Please don't do anything to make me regret that decision. Banned on any one of the servers means a proxy-wide ban that stops you from being able to get on the Hub server at all.

For now, the HLP server ("Vanilla") is the only server open. Creative will be joining it soon, and so will Factions PVP since the factions mod finaly updated.