Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239993 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Server updated to 1.7.9.

New chat system implemented. Chat is now proxy wide, not server wide. Tab lists and PMs are also proxy wide. There are no more join/quit messages between servers, only for initial join.

Server-specific channels and the ability to switch between channels will be added soon, but for now "Global" is the only option.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sounds good. :yes:

Wanted to check before I change it, but the old Gargamel backup link in the first post seems to be down.  There are two other working backups in the thread: one from whenever it was finally removed, and another of TrashMan's trimmed-down world file.  I'll throw those in the first post once I track them down again.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Sounds good. :yes:

Wanted to check before I change it, but the old Gargamel backup link in the first post seems to be down.  There are two other working backups in the thread: one from whenever it was finally removed, and another of TrashMan's trimmed-down world file.  I'll throw those in the first post once I track them down again.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y77zft6eb56648h/gargamel.tar.gz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So is this version the same as that original broken link, or the one on FSMods, or something else entirely?  Now I'm just confusing myself. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
So is this version the same as that original broken link, or the one on FSMods, or something else entirely?  Now I'm just confusing myself. :p

This is the very latest version since the world was taken down. This is my final backup.

---------------------

The server now has /menu. There isn't a lot in it yet, but it does have a "Return to lobby" button now. It will be updated with other things such as rules and general help info over time.

Also prism just got a huge overhaul, which is why the server is down. Database is much (77%) faster and smaller (25%) now, and can log all the new things. It'll be back up shortly.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Joining a server will now automatically put you into the correct channels. To change which channel you talk into, do /focus (channel). I may decide to add per-world chat as well, but probably not to survival. PMs are done with the standard /m (name) (message). Replies are just /r (message). Global speaks proxy wide.

Mods can now listen to all channels regardless of what server they are on. Magic!

A new, much less confusing and more open designed Hub is in the works. Designed to get you where you want to go faster.

The areas you can get trapped in (flowers) will auto-TP you out, along with a message about not killing our plants. There will also be a /menu that will put you at the gate of whatever server you want, in case you somehow get lost. The hanging signs will scroll what server they are, because I'm just that awesome.

Additional updates that do not involve any of you but do impact proxy-wide performance is that in addition to updating Prism for speed, we also made WorldEdit multithreaded, to help reduce strain on large edits.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

This is the very latest version since the world was taken down. This is my final backup.
Ah, great.  I'm not sure that this version is any different than the other link floating around, since I don't know that the map was ever live between then and now, but it's good to have anyway.

And the hub updates look good.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I took the new hub a step farther and decided to write ~445 lines of boring repetitive code for one incredibly petty thing that I thought would make it a bit cooler...  :p

I'll probably make one per active server.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
New lobby is active. When you log on you can get to it by doing /spawn. Or you can continue to use the old spawn if you like, but the new one is a lot nicer.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

That mean dynamap is back?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
That mean dynamap is back?

Not only does it mean Dynmap is back, it means that I have all 3 Survival words plus 7 of Creative's worlds all in one dynmap, rendering at the very highest preset available. It's actually putting a bit of strain on the server to render it all at once, it's sitting at 30% 65-70% load (forgot to unpause creative) on average and will until it's done.

http://vertgaming.com:8080/index.html#

It'll take about a day to render it all at this rate. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:01:53 pm by KyadCK »

Hmmn, my rail stations look a little bit obnoxious on there. Hopefully they're alright. And hopefully I'll be finished it fairly soon.
Plan is to finish the rail and then take a bit of a break from minecraft for a bit to work on my backlog of other games.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
**** yes. :yes: I was going to say after hopping back on that without either the Runecraft warps or Dynmap, it'd be really hard to figure out what everyone's been up to, but this solves that problem.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That unfinished tower of mine is an eyesore....guh. Reaaaally have to finish it one of these days.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Woooo! Dynmap!  Looks like the server is experiencing some climate change on the mountain tops.

That unfinished tower of mine is an eyesore....guh. Reaaaally have to finish it one of these days.

My base is just as unfinished and just as much an eyesore. haha. Now I'm spreading an unfinished project across the map.
Will finish my rail towers and make the track functional, though it'll still look a little silly without the lack of supports but that would take me another . . 6 months to do I suspect.

I see the savannah I found is still within map boundaries. Cool.

If some people want some savannah trees I could gather some saplings and put them at the spawn. The pink wood is pretty cool.
Though I wont be able to play in the next couple days.

I planted some acacia trees near my rail station (the big stone brick tower with the farm beside it) north of spawn if anyone wants to grab some saplings. Just try to replant another afterwards. There is also some bonemeal in the public supplies chest in the rail tower.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I planted some acacia trees near my rail station (the big stone brick tower with the farm beside it) north of spawn if anyone wants to grab some saplings. Just try to replant another afterwards. There is also some bonemeal in the public supplies chest in the rail tower.
Cool.  I thought I saw something near the world border on Dynmap that might have been a roofed forest; if it is and I can figure out a decently-fast way to get there, I'll leave some dark oak plantings too.

Working on a KitPvP server now. Today I got a prototype world online, I figure it'll fit well.

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/4966/rmb.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/2589/8mr8.png
http://vertgaming.com:8123/?worldname=nether_city&mapname=nether
Well that looks suitably hellacious.