Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238694 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I built an Ender Ender (yes, Etho's design) in the End - a gravity grinder. ATM it's purely an Ender pearl farm, but once I expand it out a few stages, I'll raise the floor 1 block and make it an XP grinder as well.

I'm building it legit, so contributions of pistons, redstone torches, snow blocks, and cobblestone are appreciated. I used 64 snow blocks, 64 pistons, and 128 redstone torches for the smallest, inner ring of spawning area. The next ring will require 160 snow blocks & pistons, and 320 redstone torches. The 3rd ring (and probably the final one due to costs) will require 256 snow blocks & pistons, and 512 redstone torches.

Contributions can be left in the double-chest in the center of the Ender Ender (enter the end, and follow the 1m-wide path away from the island). If you contribute, feel free to take a stack of Ender pearls from that chest - it's got like 4-5 stacks. Otherwise, hang around and collect your own dang pearls. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Half my island gets snow, so if I get bored at some point, I'll scoop some up for you.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Seems like you guys are having fun there..

Very nice keep there. Reminds me of my first one. Very similar to that one.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Any new and cool methods for tree farms these days?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I don't know how "new" or "cool" it is, but you can get very dense payoff by planting four jungle saplings in a square pattern. They'll sometimes grow into a single, very tall tree. You just chop yourself a staircase to the top, then harvest your way back down. Very efficient.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Use enchanted shovels on trees! Saves you resources, important if you use diamond. Also can save you inventory space.

... I've probably told everyone this a dozen times by now. :nervous:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I don't know how "new" or "cool" it is, but you can get very dense payoff by planting four jungle saplings in a square pattern. They'll sometimes grow into a single, very tall tree. You just chop yourself a staircase to the top, then harvest your way back down. Very efficient.

Yup, I've done that, but instead of staircasing up, I just toss an ender pearl.

Use enchanted shovels on trees! Saves you resources, important if you use diamond. Also can save you inventory space.

You hadn't told me yet, but I watch Etho too, you know. :p

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I just use stone axes myself.  Easy and disposable. :p

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
But not fast enough... unless you enchant them?

Yup, I've done that, but instead of staircasing up, I just toss an ender pearl.

You hadn't told me yet, but I watch Etho too, you know. :p
Yeah, more directed at other people... :P

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I just use stone axes myself.  Easy and disposable. :p

Stone is good for many things, including cheap shovels. Now, someone needs to mod in baby seals then the shovel will have even greater value than merely digging dirt.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Even though it admittedly takes longer, I pretty much always stick to stone tools when dealing with lengthy repetitive mining/digging.  If you're getting a ton of cobble anyway, you can simply make them as you go along, and it saves your iron and diamond for tasks they're required for or excel at.  I mean yeah, I have more than a stack of iron blocks, but I might wind up using some of those for decorations, and I need to keep myself armored, so there they sit for now.

Yeah, I'm a hoarder. :p

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Anyone have any villagers in eggs they'd like to get rid of? 

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So that's where babies come from!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, I'm a hoarder. :p

I used to do just that as well, until enchantments. There's essentially no point in wasting an enchantment on anything but a diamond tool, and once you get an Efficiency IV, Unbreakable III diamond pick, you just can't waste time with anything else.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well I had some fun last night. Here's an MC server working on my Nexus7:

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken