Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239016 times)

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Word on the street is that Bukkit finally has an official recommended build out for 1.4.5.  I haven't experienced any real weirdness with the beta build we've been running myself, but I'd assume we'd want to upgrade to that.
Yep, it's out, and a few plugins are busted due to it's API change from the beta to the RB.

Test in dev before rolling it out to the server!
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Well, any gold can be left at a rail station or along the road that connects to the teleport hub.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I repeat my question: Does anyone know if  there is a updated version fo World Edit?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I repeat my question: Does anyone know if  there is a updated version fo World Edit?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=worldedit

Seriously...
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Seriously...

A "Not sure, you'd have to check the website" would probably have sufficed and been far more polite.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Seriously...

A "Not sure, you'd have to check the website" would probably have sufficed and been far more polite.

Oh I'm very sure, I have to keep track of this stuff. But the answer was literally in the very first google result for "Worldedit" in very big letters. He didn't try, at all, before asking here twice in a wide time frame. Why should I be polite if he won't even google?

If someone searches for and can not find something, and it's a fairly difficult question, I will help. I will not reward all out laziness in a "polite" way.

Seriously...

Oh I'm very sure, I have to keep track of this stuff. But the answer was literally in the very first google result for "Worldedit" in very big letters. He didn't try, at all, before asking here twice in a wide time frame. Why should I be polite if he won't even google?

If someone searches for and can not find something, and it's a fairly difficult question, I will help. I will not reward all out laziness in a "polite" way.

This is a discussion forum is it not? And a discussion thread within a discussion forum? If people ask questions it's often because they want to talk about a thing rather than simply googling it. Anyone who takes the time to respond by pointing to google without addressing the question is just going out of their way to be a jackass. That goes for both this instance and the numerous other times I've seen it on this and other forums.

And I'm sorry but laziness is not justification for being a jackass.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Seriously...

You should be polite because human beings are frequently polite, and I'd like to make that the norm around here rather than the exception.

Clear?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Not lazyness.
More because I tend to trust 1st hand experience more than a internet page that may or may not be up to date... and because frankly, there's little reason for me to post here since I don't play with you guys anymore and WE is as good excuse as any.

And b.t.w - I did google, it, but I still don't see where the MC version is stated.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:19:23 am by TrashMan »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Seriously...

This is a discussion forum is it not? And a discussion thread within a discussion forum? If people ask questions it's often because they want to talk about a thing rather than simply googling it. Anyone who takes the time to respond by pointing to google without addressing the question is just going out of their way to be a jackass. That goes for both this instance and the numerous other times I've seen it on this and other forums.

And I'm sorry but laziness is not justification for being a jackass.

Don't know if you picked this up from the last time you talked to me, but if you want any form of respect out of me, it must be earned. I do not give it out freely, on the internet or in real life. End of discussion. And no, I do not care what you think about my being a jackass, and no, you will not change me. Not reading the 1st link of a google search does not earn respect, simple as that.

Not lazyness.
More because I tend to trust 1st hand experience more than a internet page that may or may not be up to date... and because frankly, there's little reason for me to post here since I don't play with you guys anymore and WE is as good excuse as any.

And b.t.w - I did google, it, but I still don't see where the MC version is stated.

Always trust the dev page of MC mods and plugins, it's run by the people who make the mod, not people who keep track of it.

Downloads are along the right side, farther down.

You should be polite because human beings are frequently polite, and I'd like to make that the norm around here rather than the exception.

Clear?

I will not hand out respect for free. Ever.

My lmgtfy link was not even close to outside the norm on HLP, and I will not be put down for explaining my policies on life which was not an attack on anyone. If Akalabeth Angel is so insulted by my jackassery, then he may block me or ignore my posts.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:32:18 am by KyadCK »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I will not hand out respect for free. Ever.

I actually agree with you here...in general respects has to be earned, not demended based on a title or whatever.
However, some bare minimum of respect should always be in play - unless the person has proven they don't deserve even that much.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
However, also being offended by your jackassery, and being a mod down here, I unfortunately cannot just ignore your posts wholesale, as much as I may want to.

I'm not asking you to treat anybody (except perhaps mods/admins) like they're kings down here, but I also expect you to treat everybody with a modicum of politeness and respect.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Everyone chill and eat some more Christmas cookies. :p

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Where this is going...

Also, I hope you all had a good xmas day.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
This is a discussion forum is it not? And a discussion thread within a discussion forum? If people ask questions it's often because they want to talk about a thing rather than simply googling it...

Just wanted to point out that there is a difference between a discussion form, which HLP is, and an information desk, which HLP isn't.

Personally, I find that researching things for myself is far superior to having someone else tell me the answer. My entire livelihood is built upon knowledge and skills that I have solely as a result of researching, reading, investigating, and only after being well and truly stumped - asking. There's a lot of information out there in the Information Superhighway (I guess that phrase shows my age...). Don't be shy about going after it - it's free! :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
However, also being offended by your jackassery, and being a mod down here, I unfortunately cannot just ignore your posts wholesale, as much as I may want to.

I'm not asking you to treat anybody (except perhaps mods/admins) like they're kings down here, but I also expect you to treat everybody with a modicum of politeness and respect.

And had you targeted the LMGTFY post, I would have accepted it as moderation duty. However, you have no control over how my life is run, and to my knowledge, explaining that without targeting any user is not against any rule, and that is the post you "warned" me for.

I have been a mod of various things for a long time myself. I'm not about to curse you out, because I know exactly how I would respond to that. I have specifically re-written posts toward you to avoid anything of the sort. If I have broken a rule in my post of how I consider respect to be done, then list it. If I did not, then it is well within my right to post such a thing here.

However, I'm sure calling a user a jackass might be against the TOS in some way. Certainly more so then someone posting a LMGTFY link.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Conversation taken to PMs.

You guys posting the gifs and macros can stop, because Kyad's not in any official trouble.  The general gist of the conversation should be noticed, however; I'm not going to deal with the kind of **** that got the last thread locked.  That means be civil, all of you.  Yes, that means you, too, TrashMan, even if you're the victim.

Have a nice day.