Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239335 times)

Good work on the video, Trashman, it's nice to see our old stuff back again. I'm pretty proud of my old work and I'm glad it went into the video (Not to say you haven't contributed to it's construction, of course!) as well. See if you can do more panoramic shots or shots where you pan around the buildings, many details are not so easy to see if only part manages to get on the screen.

Haven't had a lot of time to be in the new server lately though, but trying to be on once in a while at the least. Just hope construction is going well for others.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, that video was a blast to watch. :) I wish Minecraft updates were somehow done in a way that didn't make it fairly important to start from scratch. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've managed to get by on a single survival map since 1.8 beta, though it's admittedly meant having to traipse around a bit to find certain things.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah, that video was a blast to watch. :) I wish Minecraft updates were somehow done in a way that didn't make it fairly important to start from scratch. :p

We didn't have to start from scratch. Qaz decided he wanted to.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
That video actually made me want to go back and play Minecraft
I still have a mansion (****ed up on it's interior design, but I wasn't exactly building your standard box or flat mansion) to finish

Basically, guest rooms are going to be in the basement because there ain't any possible way to make it happen on the second floor
Coherently anyhow
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm contemplating about putting a server up...
Maybe put up the tweaked world up, set up everyone with creative with the goal of fixing and improving on everything.  And finishing my kingdom....

Got to find a good hosting service first.
Bleah
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

We didn't have to start from scratch. Qaz decided he wanted to.

Indeed, hence the phrasing "fairly important" rather than "mandatory". :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Maybe put up the tweaked world up, set up everyone with creative with the goal of fixing and improving on everything.  And finishing my kingdom....

Bleah
I've been pretty happy with minecrafted.net

They also offer a free server option.  256 megs RAM for a 1 USD setup fee.  Bukkit or vanilla I believe
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:
 - Server updated to 1.4.6
 - - Dynmap temporarily off line because the devs think they're smart.
 - - Runecraft saw some minor updates. Some broken runes may work now.
 - - Dreamland got bug fixes, hopefully this should end the dying things.
 - - All other plugins updated to be 1.4.6 compatable.

Yuss! I can play again!

Bleah

Why not finish your kingdom in creative on single player, then transplant it to a new fresh map as the centrepoint and set it up like spawn island on the updated where it's protected but people start there. Then have people add to that world, outside of your kingdom, rather than trying to fix everything else.

That way new players to your server can enjoy your city, it wont get griefed (being protected), wont split the playerbase by having people work on the same map in two different places, etcetera

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:
 - Dynmap updated to 1.4.6.
 - - Just started a full render on all 4 worlds, lag prone people beware.
 - - Yes, this means a full render for Gargamel as well.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
UPDATE:
 - Dynmap updated to 1.4.6.
 - - Just started a full render on all 4 worlds, lag prone people beware.
 - - Yes, this means a full render for Gargamel as well.
r
I added a donate button back to Dynmap, I think it got lost in an update a while ago.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
So, I've been working on a mod pack with a friend. Part of it is combining GLSL and Water Shaders. Even better, it works under MagicLauncher. All of it.

*gasp* I need that now! I've been searching so hard for a GLSL pack that actually worked well, and to have water like that too? Do torches work properly underground?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
*gasp* I need that now! I've been searching so hard for a GLSL pack that actually worked well, and to have water like that too? Do torches work properly underground?

Yes, they do. Fireworks still have a problem, but that's brand new.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hopping on now if anyone wants to join...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Gah...I love the fact that we updated, but unfortunately the Middle-Earth server I've been doing stuff on is still on 1.4.5, which is kind of the opposite of my previous problem.  It's almost enough to finally motivate me to check out all those alternate launchers and mod-loaders and such.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I'd like to see this mod pack, it sounds great.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I'd like to see this mod pack, it sounds great.

Should hopefully be released in a few days.