Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238931 times)

I wish you could make sand out of sandstone and vice versa.

You can vice versa: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sandstone#Crafting

Oh yeah, I remember that.
Got confused, because I remember wanting sand but not sandstone so had some that was a waste just sitting in a box.

Does someone have a good enchanting table? I've been using Grimpers (who seems to have quit), but seems like it's downgrade from what it was initially. Like bookshelves are missing or something. The levels only go up to about 15 or so.

I would make some myself, but I'm in the frozen tundra so sugar cane and cows are hard to come by at present until I import 'em. My ET only goes up to level 8 or so which is okay for iron but would prefer higher level enchantments for diamond gear.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There's a public enchanting temple Sara put together, but unfortunately the telepad to it seems to have broken at some point, and from what I remember it's not something that was able to be accessed from the outside.  Actually I'm not even sure where it's located. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I've got one. I'm on the large island north-northwest from spawn, the one with a bridge spanning the western harbor. The enchanting setup is at the north end of the bridge. There's a boat elevator you can use to get inside just beyond the bridge in the north face of the harbor. Go in the right-hand opening to go up (sorry, Brits, et al).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I hadn't stopped by your island before, but wow, you have some great stuff going on there.  I really like that iron golem farm setup; I accidentally tripped it as I walked by before even knowing what it was. You have villagers running all over the place too. :D I was going to joke about being sorry for anything I might have accidentally messed up, but there was something that actually did: I tried out your crazy-long automatic farm, but I unfortunately didn't notice a hole on one side beforehand, so I wound up flooding a few tunnels.  Fortunately I think all it took out was a few torches.  Besides the enchantment table, I was poking around to see if you happened to have carrots or potatoes going, since the main server village was created before their introduction and so doesn't have them.  If you or anyone could spare a few of each, I'd appreciate it.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I hadn't stopped by your island before, but wow, you have some great stuff going on there.  I really like that iron golem farm setup; I accidentally tripped it as I walked by before even knowing what it was. You have villagers running all over the place too. :D I was going to joke about being sorry for anything I might have accidentally messed up, but there was something that actually did: I tried out your crazy-long automatic farm, but I unfortunately didn't notice a hole on one side beforehand, so I wound up flooding a few tunnels.  Fortunately I think all it took out was a few torches.  Besides the enchantment table, I was poking around to see if you happened to have carrots or potatoes going, since the main server village was created before their introduction and so doesn't have them.  If you or anyone could spare a few of each, I'd appreciate it.

Oh yeah, forgot about that hole. :p No worries. The whole place is still a WIP. ;)

Take as much iron as you want from the farm - it's only running at half-speed though (still need to build the other side).

No carrots or potatoes here - it'll be a while before anyone on the server has them legitimately. It'll require exploring beyond the pre-generated circle to find a new village.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
`I"ve got carrots and potatoes farms if anyone wants some.  Zombies sometimes are nice and have them...after you beat them up and rob them.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Heh, I was going to mention the zombie possibility, but I'm glad to hear someone's already benefited from it. :) I'm glad they put that drop chance in there to begin with.  As much as I enjoy having new features, it kind of gets old that so many of them require you to either start brand-new maps or move further and further out from spawn to generate new terrain.

What else...oh right.  Thanks to whichever Minecraft fairy filled up my chests of stone...I honestly already had more than I know what to do with, but hey, I'm not complaining. :p The steaks are always appreciated too.  And we might already have something set up, but there's the edge of a Nether Fortress right next to my portal that I checked out, and it turns out there's a Blaze spawner literally right inside.  I'm planning on laying down a Ghast-proof walkway to it at some point, if anyone needs to grab some rods.  Granted my island isn't all that accessible in the first place right now, but there is a telepad somewhere on funtapaz's island leading to mine, so ask for directions if you need them.  Once I get more of my fortress layout figured out, I'll need to finally set up a real telepad spot.

Yeah I've got carrots and potatoes too off Zombies, but I haven't planted them yet so haven't any to spare at present.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
If anyone wants any they will be in that chest at the teleport hub.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:
 - Small addition added near the teleporters at 714, 65, -31 that utilizes the scripting plugin we've had on the server for a while but never used.

We'll see how it does... It may turn out to be a temporary thing.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey, that's pretty darn cool.

<snip>

EDIT: button edited
honestly, any donation would be welcome, While I don't go on the minecraft server often, it's nice to see that people appreciate that it's still being run and used. I would love to see what people are working on at the moment as I take great pleasure in viewing the builds of others. :)

I've pitched in a little bit. Also, I'm curious to see the current player stats (if they're not publically available), would be interesting to see what everyone's been up to.

Been working on my area a lot the past few days too, now I have more time for Minecraft and all. The teleporter should still be working so people won't need to take a boat and travel 2500 blocks from spawn to reach it :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
My big glass sphere is halfway done.   Now If I could just put a death ray on top.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oi, I was planning on a death ray too!  And mine will be bigger!  :p

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Little bit of behind-the-scenes fun going on lately, but just today has reached a point that it doesn't hurt to show.

What it does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVckls8QqdY

How it does it: http://pastebin.com/GwEmQXit

My internet has taken a horrible dip the past days so my planned effort has dropped greatly. Can hardly get the world to load at all, so I'm trying to figure out how to restore my internet connection so I can continue work. Good to see the plugin(s) in action though, Kyad!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
My internet has taken a horrible dip the past days so my planned effort has dropped greatly. Can hardly get the world to load at all, so I'm trying to figure out how to restore my internet connection so I can continue work. Good to see the plugin(s) in action though, Kyad!

But that's outdated.  :nervous:

Need buildings to put others in, I've pretty much got all the NPCs that wander around done. Sucks to hear about your connection though.

Oh, and got some performance numbers form the server.

20 ticks per second max, so it needs to be kept under 50ms per tick. That's with a few dozen NPCs roaming around. Nolagg and BLlib are temperary, and LWC just spikes every once in a while.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:16:06 am by KyadCK »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:
 - Runecraft updated, hopefully the teleporters will work now.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
UPDATE:
 - Runecraft updated, hopefully the teleporters will work now.

Any news on the Super Pickaxes and whatnot? I tried to get my Axe runed up, but simply refused it's existence
"No"