Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239721 times)

There were some dudes on yesterday.
Went on for the first time in about 4 months.
I cleared a hill. Very exciting. Went through 10 shovels and about 9 pick axes. :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Good old terraforming.  Gives you carpal tunnel syndrome and like five chests of dirt. :p

I need to get back to kicking on my doom fortress.  At least get the main structure polished off so I can start figuring out what the inside should look like.

Yeah I was disappointed to realize that I wasn't further along with my base. Thought I had more walls built but many, many hours still lie ahead.

Ah, so you're koala something! Hey! And the other guy is a RL friend that I invited in.

I think I'm addicted to Minecraft again, just after a few hours poking around.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You can hold it off for a month or two, but in the end you can never fully escape it.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Yeah..I was on there yesterday too.  Discovered that I need more oak.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
You can hold it off for a month or two, but in the end you can never fully escape it.

This. *sigh*  :sigh:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 I have not played it for over half a year. I escaped. Where is my medal? :P

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I have not played it for over half a year. I escaped. Where is my medal? :P

It's waiting for you in your incomplete house on the server. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Does anyone else have the problems of getting stuck moving? It didn't used to do this, (or at least only rarely), but when I was on last night my character would get stuck moving in a one direction or stuck jumping all the time. It must have happened 20-30 times over a few hours. I searched google and the like but no one seems to have any sort of definitive solution. Usually the first thing is "update ****" then the second thing is "I updated, didn't work".

Driving me nuts and obviously it's a bit . .  inconvenient when working near cliffs, lava or other hazards

Are you on Linux? If so: update libjwgl.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Does anyone else have the problems of getting stuck moving? It didn't used to do this, (or at least only rarely), but when I was on last night my character would get stuck moving in a one direction or stuck jumping all the time. It must have happened 20-30 times over a few hours. I searched google and the like but no one seems to have any sort of definitive solution. Usually the first thing is "update ****" then the second thing is "I updated, didn't work".

Driving me nuts and obviously it's a bit . .  inconvenient when working near cliffs, lava or other hazards

Used to happen to me a bunch. It's like Minecraft gets the keydown signal but misses the keyup one, right? To fix the symptom, just hit the "stuck" key again. Don't know how to prevent it entirely though.

Upgrading liblwjgl (that's the correct name, now that I think of it) might fix it on Mac and Windows too.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I'm still using Windows XP. I'll try the liblwjgl tonight or whenever I next play. Thanks

And yeah I just hit the button again, but still quite infuriating. :(

I got that a little, mostly on my laptop. Haven't noticed it for quite a while though.

Where is the public enchanting table? None of those teleporters seem to work for me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Huh, you're right, they seem to have broken at some point.  I don't think the public enchanting table has an outdoor entrance anyway, but a few people have tables up at their places...unfortunately getting there now would be a bit of a hassle.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Runecraft updated to latest Dev version. Should hopefully fix telepads.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yep, working fine now.

Cool thanks.
Yeah I found someone's enchanting table, but despite the presence of a few books didn't seem to boost it past level 8.
The highest level I found was in Grimper's dusty abandoned bungalo and it only went up to level 17 or so.