Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239520 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I just turned the whitelist off (not sure if it was already off though).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hey Kyad: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/psa-minecraft-1-7-update-possibly-losing-structures.186617/

Seems to me the utility he mentions in the first post be useful for us, no? :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hey Kyad: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/psa-minecraft-1-7-update-possibly-losing-structures.186617/

Seems to me the utility he mentions in the first post be useful for us, no? :)

No. We're already on 1.6.4, and the world was pre-rendered.

Besides, even if I do wipe the nether, I seem to recall some people wanting new Blaze spawners due to "accidents".
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No. We're already on 1.6.4, and the world was pre-rendered.

Besides, even if I do wipe the nether, I seem to recall some people wanting new Blaze spawners due to "accidents".

It was pre-rendered before 1.6.4 though... unless you pre-rendered it again after 1.6.4 came out?

Also, I fixed the Blaze spawner accident. :p

It was pre-rendered before 1.6.4 though... unless you pre-rendered it again after 1.6.4 came out?

I have no idea what's going on here.

Also, I fixed the Blaze spawner accident. :p

I also totally believably have no idea what is going on here :nervous:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I have now played Dwarves vs. Zombies.

Up until 6am playing it --> must be good

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
1.7.2. is out.
Whats the server status?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
1.7.2. is out.
Whats the server status?
Vanilla 1.7.2 or Bukkit 1.7.2?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dunno if Bukkit is out.

Here's the 1.7.2. info:

https://mojang.com/2013/10/minecraft-1-7-the-update-that-changed-the-world/

Lots of new blocks

IS this still the server? Tried to log on today but it wouldn't find it:

192.69.197.178:25565

(first time in a long time).

Though I upgraded to 1.7.2 so probably wouldn't work anyway

Or maybe no one's playing right now?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Bukkit 1.7 still isn't out, else Dwarves vs. Zombies would've updated to it :(

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yes, that is still the IP. I just logged on and it's working....

Yes, that is still the IP. I just logged on and it's working....

Bah, stupid Minecraft.
So . . . yeah whatever. Last time I played, when I had a version which was higher than the server it told me when it pings the thing.
In this newer launcher or whatnot, it doesn't. Simply gives you an error when you try to connect to a server it says you can't find.

So long story short I figured it out and played as 1.6.4

Thanks

Dunno if Bukkit is out.

Here's the 1.7.2. info:

https://mojang.com/2013/10/minecraft-1-7-the-update-that-changed-the-world/

Lots of new blocks

You start a base somewhere on the server?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:37:45 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I already have a castle on the server...

I already have a castle on the server...

Whereabouts?

Near JC's neck of the woods?
Or you mean in gargamel?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Near spawn, where the teleporters are. On the hills next to it.
Look for the big tower and  bridges between hills.

Oh okay yeah I see it now. I didn't want to scour the map to try and figure out what new things had been built. Mind you I haven't even visited half the places on the map yet.

Yeah, so I think the teleporters are busted again because I tried to get to the enchanting table (among other places) and it wouldn't work.

I need to bite the bullet and just build a library for higher-level enchanting instead of rummaging through people's bases looking for one. :P Only one I ever really found was Grimper's and it didn't go to level 30 and his base is hidden up some hill in a jungle. Not particularly easy to get too.

Not too many people on these days it seems but I've been busy messing about the last week or so.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Yeah, so I think the teleporters are busted again because I tried to get to the enchanting table (among other places) and it wouldn't work.

I need to bite the bullet and just build a library for higher-level enchanting instead of rummaging through people's bases looking for one. :P Only one I ever really found was Grimper's and it didn't go to level 30 and his base is hidden up some hill in a jungle. Not particularly easy to get too.

Not too many people on these days it seems but I've been busy messing about the last week or so.
I'm still intermittently active. Runecraft's been out of commission for quite a while- it's tied to Bukkit updates, and I think they're behind schedule. I'd offer to let you use my enchanting altar, but my base is fairly well-hidden. That said, if we wind up being on at the same time, I'd gladly show you around.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted