Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238992 times)

Looks like you're playing Legend of Grimrock with those textures.

Does anyone want to trade me some gold? Mining for gold for powered rail is a big pain in the ass. Seems like I find more diamonds than gold. :P

I do in fact have a bunch of gold I could certainly trade you, as I don't seem to have much use for them except perhaps decoration in the future. I have about five stacks of 64 gold blocks available.

My villager issues has been fixed rather easily, I'm in the process of removing every potential cause and reducing numbers to the point where its both managable and acceptable. Let's hope it works, next time this will be a NPC-barren chunk. :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

I do in fact have a bunch of gold I could certainly trade you, as I don't seem to have much use for them except perhaps decoration in the future. I have about five stacks of 64 gold blocks available.

My villager issues has been fixed rather easily, I'm in the process of removing every potential cause and reducing numbers to the point where its both managable and acceptable. Let's hope it works, next time this will be a NPC-barren chunk. :P

Ho ****. 64 Gold Blocks? fricken hell.

So what do you want for some of that? And where I should go to pick it up? (I know roughly where your city is but not specifics)

Don't really have anything exotic but I can pay you with diamonds or maybe a **** ton of stone or stone bricks if you need it. Or coal or red stone or lapis or slime or pretty much anything except nether stuff.
The main thing I need right now is gold.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:33:27 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

We can meet up at spawn since /spawn still works, I think diamond and build materials are always helpful, though perhaps if you have a surplus of oak and other wood that will also work out well. If you want to trade, I'm online now as you might think, so we can meet now. I do have to go soon though.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

We can meet up at spawn since /spawn still works, I think diamond and build materials are always helpful, though perhaps if you have a surplus of oak and other wood that will also work out well. If you want to trade, I'm online now as you might think, so we can meet now. I do have to go soon though.

Nah I'm at work right now I'm afraid.
I can collect some wood to trade you next time I'm on perhaps. Access to spruce and oak but there's some jungles not too far off that I could raid as well if you want a variety.

Also have a fair amount of diamonds thanks to fortune pick
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:47:46 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Variety is always good (and diamonds are of course always good currency to have). I don't know what the best way would be for me to store it as our differing timezones can make it tricky to meet on the server. If the teleporters worked I could've come up with something like placing the gold blocks after smelting at your location. (Also I think I mistranslated when I mentioned 5 stacks of gold blocks, with that I meant 5 stacks of 64 gold -ore- blocks, my apologies, though the amount should still be more than enough for your powered rail I believe. =)

I think I have an idea that might work though. Will take a little while.

-----------------

- George Orwell

Well, I don't mind boating it over to your area if you just set up a little transfer hut somewhere.

That would of course limit me to one inventory load per trip but that's fine.

I don't know how to create public chests though.

5 stacks of 64 gold ore is awesome too. (or whatever you chose to part with).
Takes me a couple hours to even find like 20 gold ore or so and each gold ignot only yields one piece of powered track.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Speaking of texture packs...which ones do you guys use?

I'm looking at several..like these:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/conquest-32x32/    (nice style, randomized and connected textures)

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/sphax-purebdcraft-x64-v065-for-mc17/
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I just use the default

Well, I don't mind boating it over to your area if you just set up a little transfer hut somewhere.

That would of course limit me to one inventory load per trip but that's fine.

I don't know how to create public chests though.

5 stacks of 64 gold ore is awesome too. (or whatever you chose to part with).
Takes me a couple hours to even find like 20 gold ore or so and each gold ignot only yields one piece of powered track.

I've sent you a PM yesterday in regards to the trade.

Now I'm online again though we can also trade ingame.

For texture packs, Trashman, I use LB Photorealism, which don't seem to be much different from standard while looking a lot more detailed, except when it comes to villagers and mobs as the pictures of the zombies shown. That Conquest pack looks neat though, I might test it out.

-----------------

- George Orwell

Haha thanks. I'll check it out tonight as I need to go into work again.

I think I've also been very inefficient with my rail as well because the wiki says you need like 1 powered rail per 40 or something and I've been using 3 powered rails every 20 blocks hahaha. So if I dig some of those up I should be able to stretch out supplies a little further then maybe with the new supplies I'll be able to have enough. Who knows. Though there's never enough! must build more and more

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
1 powered rail per 40 seems way too thin from what I remember...I think 1 every 12 guarantees that you maintain pretty much the top speed on level ground.  That's what I've used in my singleplayer shenanigans anyway.

So is Runecraft still broken, then?  Is it waiting on the usual Bukkit updates, or is there something else up with it?

Well I don't know if it's out of date but here's a chart on the wiki:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Powered_Rail

Says 1 rail every 32 is good enough to maintain top speed on level ground so long as it gets accelerated properly at the start?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh wait, that's right...it's the torches I have every 12 blocks, not the powered rails.  I do those every 36, since that divides evenly with the torch placement.

Even with version 1.6.4 there's a bunch of stuff available that I didn't know existed. Hoppers, droppers, quartz blocks, etcetera. Will need to update my production area sometime to try and automate some of the process though those hoppers are pretty expensive. I wish they would have just had 3 ingots plus a box not five. One hopper cart is 10 ingots :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well if you set up an iron golem farm (or kill a crap-load of zombies), iron is an infinite resource anyways, so it's not too bad. :p

(Or at least for now, anyway.  Jeb apparently made some changes in the 1.8 nightlies that basically nerfed golem farms, but then reverted them somewhat, so I don't know what the current status is.)

painterly textures are best textures
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Discovered that hoppers don't work unless the chest is unprotected.

To do so, type /cremove and then punch the chest or furnance.

After bit of googling got the hoppers working though fairly expensive to use them. Still will be pretty cool to have some automation.

Got some automated furnaces up and running (16 in all) Burning through my coal reserves pretty quick but don't use it for anything else anyway. No XP from pulling stone out of the furnaces but, that always was a huge monotonous waste of time.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Got some automated furnaces up and running (16 in all) Burning through my coal reserves pretty quick but don't use it for anything else anyway. No XP from pulling stone out of the furnaces but, that always was a huge monotonous waste of time.

Pretty neat! You should check out Docm77's turbo furnace array if you want to take it to the next level. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill