Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239163 times)

The new server doesn't have mob griefing turned off correct? I haven't let any creepers blow in important areas but trying to avoid it.

Correct, creepers are assholes again.

Cool good to know.
I wonder if Endermen steal fences, that might explain why all my sheep got out.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Not according to the wiki, at least.  They used to grab pretty much anything when they were first added; my old 1.8 beta world had a bunch of trees missing random blocks near my house because of that.

Oh so they don't take apart your house anymore. Unless your house is made of dirt anyway.

I see some dudes moved into the NPC village near my area. Probably wondering who the hell left the half-finished rail that runs by their village hahaha. Maybe its some of the other players.

---

Also I think someone MAY have swiped my enchanting table. Not sure. But in the path leading down to it, there was creeper damage which is not by me and someone left a bunch of nerd poles around my base. Either that or I moved it and can't remember where.

In any case it's easily replaceable so no big deal. Was just working on various projects yesterday and saw more evidence of visitation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:02:06 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Is there a way to teleport to a bed? I notice when you sleep it says bedspawn set. But if you die you just start at spawn regardless.

Anyone have a screencap of the old dynamap? Some guy built a base north of mine that I wanted to check out and possibly extend the rail line to. It was a structure with four round towers surrounding I believe a fifth larger tower, each one topped with different colour wood. I went trudging around trying to find it but no dice.

Have been continuing to build my rail line and have reached Sandwhich's pyramid site but still have ages to go to get to spawn. If someone wants to trade some iron let me know though haven't seen anyone on in the last few weeks at all.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Anyone have a screencap of the old dynamap? Some guy built a base north of mine that I wanted to check out and possibly extend the rail line to. It was a structure with four round towers surrounding I believe a fifth larger tower, each one topped with different colour wood. I went trudging around trying to find it but no dice.

Have been continuing to build my rail line and have reached Sandwhich's pyramid site but still have ages to go to get to spawn. If someone wants to trade some iron let me know though haven't seen anyone on in the last few weeks at all.

I've got unlimited iron from an Iron Golem farm at my island. Feel free to take whatever you need. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Sorry where's your island again? (world co-ords). I presume the teleport at spawn is still busted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:29:39 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
North of the spawn island; north-east of the teleport hub. x: -300, z: -500.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Cool thanks. You got some really laggy cows in there.

Uh, have you been on lately?
I've been working on the elevated rail. Extended the platforms to the spawn and also to your island and was building the towers before laying the track. I grabbed a fair amount of iron from your place but left the vast majority of it there. But when I forgot to make some detector rails I checked out your place again tonight and your iron chest was cleaned out (some 2 block stacks + bars from what I last saw). Also I think your diamonds were gone from the ore chest as well.

Since every door in every rail hub was left open and some public tools were taken I suspect someone maybe followed the track and checked out your base or checked out everyone's base not sure. Either way, thought I'd mention it. Maybe you've been on and doing stuff, dunno.

Haven't seen anyone on the server save ve3ex yesterday who was just milling about their own place.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:51:19 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hmm, I was on about a week ago, upgrading my gold farm with new larger portals. My iron I don't particularly care about since it's infinite, and I'm not sure if I had any diamonds left anyway... I might have moved what I had into an ender chest though.

Kyad, I'd like to continue working on the Fenris... any chance to get creative at least, and if possible, WorldEdit as well? There's some mass block replacements that need to be done methinks. ;)

Server seemed to be down yesterday, or did it get updated to a newer version maybe?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Server seemed to be down yesterday, or did it get updated to a newer version maybe?

Not to my knowledge, but a bunch of plugins should be getting updated for UUID support soon, along with 1.7.9. Pretty much waiting on Essentials at this point.

Hmm, I was on about a week ago, upgrading my gold farm with new larger portals. My iron I don't particularly care about since it's infinite, and I'm not sure if I had any diamonds left anyway... I might have moved what I had into an ender chest though.

Kyad, I'd like to continue working on the Fenris... any chance to get creative at least, and if possible, WorldEdit as well? There's some mass block replacements that need to be done methinks. ;)

There's a copy on the creative server in the Space World. It's under a WG zone, but I can add you to that. Log on to the Creative server at some point and I'll rank you up when I get on tomorrow.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

There's something weird going on.

I logged on just now, and whenever I would select an item on my hotbar it would get moved into my inventory. This left me effectively unable to do anything because everything would be moved to inventory before I could interact it with. I logged off and on again and the same issue.

Same issue here, V3Exex (sp?) reported the same thing as well, which means at least three players apper to have the issue. I hope it can be resolved soon!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Looks like one of the other admins updated PEX on the 4th, which may explain the downtime Akalabeth noted. The problem with doing so is not all our other plugins (namely LiveChat) were fully compatable, and had issues passing player events to the needed plugins. Probably more to the point, PEX wasn't fully compatible with the version of Spigot we're using. Causes some headaches.

Rolled back PEX, no longer getting any errors on console and everything seems to work. Anyone want to test for me?

Thanks Kyad, it appears to be working for me now - though I'm laggy, that's probably just my internet at the moment. Items were picked up, chests were interacted with, an enemy was killed and everything seemed to be normal again. =)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Cool thanks.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Sandwich: Sorry it took so long, but I promoted you and gave you access to the Fenris worldguard.

There are a few ways to get to it.

Method 1:

You should be in plotworld. At the center of plotworld there should be a portal that leads to the overworld. From there you can either fly straight up to Y= 256 in which case you will be auto teleported to the same X/Z in spaceworld, or there is another portal in that small spawn area that goes to space world.

Method 2:

Ignore all that, do /menu, and use the menu system to warp you to spaceworld directly.

Either way, Fenris should be up and to your left (X= -60 Z= 60). We do have prism running in case of particularly nasty mistakes.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've been spending quite a bit of time on the Middle-earth server, but I feel like I haven't been on here in months.  I need to get myself back up to speed.