Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239237 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Nice to see my castle is still intact.  I need to log in one of these days and connect it to that rail system, and finish my lighthouse and dock area
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

If your castle is the one just north of spawn, the rail station isn't really working yet. But if you want to link it up go ahead, I'm almost finished the towers then I'll try to put down most of the track hopefully.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Do you have a chest set up for rail and iron/gold/redstone donations?

Uh, nope not yet.
I'm still working to finish the main part of the towers then I'll lay down the track.
I do actually have a bunch of iron and gold from various people which I haven't used yet. I'll probably need more but will let you know. Or if your base is near one of the towers you could let me know which one and just toss some in there.

For red stone I have tonnes. Several stacks of blocks. So don't need any I think.

If you want you could just throw some in a chest and send me a PM as to where to grab it from. Or if you're near a tower could put it in there, though I wouldn't suggest any of the towers near spawn.
I'm not sure where your base is, but if your base is the spruce-log fort I know I have a tower on the other side of the hill (and a tunnel under the hill).

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
If your castle is the one just north of spawn, the rail station isn't really working yet. But if you want to link it up go ahead, I'm almost finished the towers then I'll try to put down most of the track hopefully.

That's the place, I just intended to build a path from the north tower through the swamp to my swamp gate.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

That's the place, I just intended to build a path from the north tower through the swamp to my swamp gate.

Oh yeah it's kind of in the middle isn't it. There's also another tower at the intersection south of your bridge. And there's a third tower to  your southwest across that body of water :P

It looks like you were going to do some rail yourself as you have a single block from your tower to your stone bridge but maybe just a path.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I have at least half a chest's worth of rail sitting around from the abandoned mineshafts under my island, and I sincerely doubt I'll be using that much of it, so just let me know when the time comes if you could use some extra.

And I do appreciate your substantial efforts in building that railway, but at the same time I really miss our telepad setup.  I'd be perfectly fine with having every other type of rune disallowed if we could get Runecraft back solely for that.  Barring that, I guess we could try getting a Nettherrail setup going again.

Tried to play today but when I walked into the portal it bounced me out and said the portal destination didn't exist.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I noticed that at some absurd hour last night when I should have been asleep anyway.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sorry about that. Fixed.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sweet, thanks.  One minor issue though: the spawn command on the menu now takes you back to the lobby.

I have at least half a chest's worth of rail sitting around from the abandoned mineshafts under my island, and I sincerely doubt I'll be using that much of it, so just let me know when the time comes if you could use some extra.

Yeah I laid some track today and used up what blocks of iron I had in about 10 minutes haha with still tons of track left to go. Sooo, if you guys want to contribute some iron or track or whatnot let me know. It would be super appreciated as iron gathering can be somewhat time consuming. I know that Sandwhich has some infinite farm or somesuch but I don't know how to work it. As for where to put it, um. Well each tower has chests inside. Throwing it in the nearest tower to your location would probably suffice along with a note (PM or otherwise). The ones nearest spawn are less secure. Otherwise if your base or whatnot is near the rail you can let me know where the chest would be and I can come grab it.

I probably shouldn't have made the rail two levels but I like to make things difficult for myself haha.

And I do appreciate your substantial efforts in building that railway, but at the same time I really miss our telepad setup.  I'd be perfectly fine with having every other type of rune disallowed if we could get Runecraft back solely for that.  Barring that, I guess we could try getting a Nettherrail setup going again.

Yeah creating my rail is fun but may not always be practical. It's more of a scenic ride with, the ideal that bases and such might organically be built nearby or the towers may service existing bases. Allowing those dudes to quickly get to other biomes to grab some stuff or whatnot.

Or if nothing else it's just a project to try and get finished  :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:39:19 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
And menu spawn should be fixed. Must have gotten broken when I had an issue where every new player was forced to creative by default.

Yeah I laid some track today and used up what blocks of iron I had in about 10 minutes haha with still tons of track left to go. Sooo, if you guys want to contribute some iron or track or whatnot let me know. It would be super appreciated as iron gathering can be somewhat time consuming. I know that Sandwhich has some infinite farm or somesuch but I don't know how to work it. As for where to put it, um. Well each tower has chests inside. Throwing it in the nearest tower to your location would probably suffice along with a note (PM or otherwise). The ones nearest spawn are less secure. Otherwise if your base or whatnot is near the rail you can let me know where the chest would be and I can come grab it.

I probably shouldn't have made the rail two levels but I like to make things difficult for myself haha.

I can't guarantee it but since the lower areas of my settled area is full of abandoned mineshafts full of rails, I could try to collect a bunch of them. Iron itself though is still important for me as I keep running out of it using tools to build, replace, modify the terrain, etc.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

I can't guarantee it but since the lower areas of my settled area is full of abandoned mineshafts full of rails, I could try to collect a bunch of them. Iron itself though is still important for me as I keep running out of it using tools to build, replace, modify the terrain, etc.

Hmmn, well if tools are the concern I could trade you some diamonds for it as I did before for the gold.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sent a PM about the rail.  I'm gonna boat over to Sandwich's place and take a look at the iron farm; I know I saw it in action once before, so maybe I can figure out how it works again.

And here's a general question: does anyone know the whereabouts of a previously-discovered End portal?  One of the spawn telepads linked directly to one, but I have no idea where that was in terms of the overworld.  I'd rather not have to go on an Eye of Ender wild-goose chase if I don't have to.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
With Essentials finaly having a non-cutting edge build that supports UUIDs, the servers are entering the final phases before launch. Probably tommarow advertizing will begin for the Creative and Survival aspects of the proxy, with Kit and Factions comming soon enough.

The shear size of the survival server brings about some concern however. As has been noted multible times in this thread by several people, the lack of the old RuneCraft teleports has a serious impact on being able to visit others. There is spawn in the menu and there is /home, but these still limit you to where you live and a community center. Akalabeth is working on the rail and JC and Mongoose have helped donate, but the size is still prohibitive to being able to get around even if the rail was finished in some reasonable amount of time.

This will end up being a serious problem when new players arrive. This is not a PvP server, there is no reason to limit mobility as heavily. On the other hand it is survival, so teleporting anywhere for free is out of the question. So I propose an idea that I'd like to run past the people who have played on this server for a while.

Players capable of buying warps.

Being survival I do not want to ruin a perfectly good server with a horrible economy plugin, and I do not want to pull from your limited resources by asking for gold or anything like it. And forget paying money, that would never go over well. Instead, players would use things called "Warp Tokens".

Players would earn said tokens by playing on the server. Once every half hour, an announcement runs that lets players know they can use the /menu to claim some tokens. The amount is not dertermined yet. These tokens would be used to have access to the warp menu, which would allow players to pay the price of the warp to go there instantly. Some places *cough*sandwich'sisland*cough* would cost more than others.

Players would also be able to buy slots on the warp list with the token. A large number of them to encourage playing on the server, but within reason. Players may be limited in the number of warps they can buy, but it would certainly be more than one. Players would be allowed to chose the name (within reason) and the item to represent it (assuming that item works) as well as a small description. Moving warps will be cheaper, but not free.

There would of course be a command to tell you how many tokens you have in reserve.

I still encourage the rail and would like to see it used, but sometimes it isn't enough as you've all expressed. This is not Runecraft, and it's not something you can spam. Nor is it something that would be limited to the richest players. I think this would allow for a fair way to move around faster as needed without taking too much away from the survival aspect.

So what do you guys think? I would give each of you at least one warp to start everyone off, but after that it's fair game for everyone.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think it sounds like a pretty good system.  The only possible addition I'd like to see to the server before something like that going live would be some sort of means of making chests private, whether it's the same plugin we had before or something else to similar effect.  I would like people to easily visit my island (at least if I finally have something worthwhile to show them), but at the same time I don't want everyone yoinking my entire storeroom.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I think it sounds like a pretty good system.  The only possible addition I'd like to see to the server before something like that going live would be some sort of means of making chests private, whether it's the same plugin we had before or something else to similar effect.  I would like people to easily visit my island (at least if I finally have something worthwhile to show them), but at the same time I don't want everyone yoinking my entire storeroom.

The rules explicitly state no Stealing, Griefing, or PvP before people even get on the server.

Prism tracks all chest usage including taking and adding.

If stuff is missing, report it, the offender will be punished and your items will be restored.

As non-preventive as this is, no plugin can actually do personalized chests that do not also greatly slow down the process of using the chests for the user and/or people told they can use it.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
No PvP? Not even consensual, arranged PvP, like an arena fight or something?