Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239376 times)

No PvP? Not even consensual, arranged PvP, like an arena fight or something?

I think there's a separate PVP server. Don't think there'd be a problem with spleefing on the survival one, aside from the problem of getting more than 1 person online at a time haha.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

You can kill eachother to test out new weapons or games like Spleef like Akalabeth mentioned. Just make sure both sides are cool with it.

If I didn't want to allow that I'd just disable PvP entirely.

I'm talking Factions server type "hunt you down" mentality.

I think there's a separate PVP server. Don't think there'd be a problem with spleefing on the survival one, aside from the problem of getting more than 1 person online at a time haha.

Two, actually. A proper Factions server for making groups and fighting with others in the long term, and a Kit server where you pick a kit and play till you die, then repeat.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:55:36 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
After following along with the current Ultra Hardcore season on the Mindcrack server, that seems like it'd be a really fun mode to try...though again, the problem is always getting enough people online at once to make it worthwhile.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
After following along with the current Ultra Hardcore season on the Mindcrack server, that seems like it'd be a really fun mode to try...though again, the problem is always getting enough people online at once to make it worthwhile.

And that's why we start with 2 servers and not 6. :P

Kit is open to testers when I need them, but until it's fully open and I think I'll have the playerbase for it, it stays blocked.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/vergaming-minecraft-servers/

Servers are live on PMC now if you'd like to vote for it.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
And a new spawn...

While quite a way from the center of the map, it is more centered on the main continent. It also boasts a new security feature for survival after the concern of a few people not reading the rules.

When you first join the server, you join as a guest. If you try to leave the spawn, you will be kicked back to the center and told to read and accepted the rules. Upon reading them and accepting them, the player is promoted to Player and allowed to leave.

This is not a direct prevention of any griefing, but it will help clear up the confusion for people who simply did not know better. All of you are already Player rank, so don't worry about it.

Also it's literaly right on Akalabeth Angel's rail, so theres some incentive to get it done.  :p

Oh no! haha. Mongoose gave me a bunch of rail which was a big boon but I've not even finished the rail in one direction yet. Will go on tonight and do a bit more, excavating and track laying.

Okay well I added some rail tonight after some scrounging for iron and abandoned mine rail. For now I'll concentrate on extending the track that goes out from the new spawn, and then after that's done, I'll finish the other direction. I'll also threw together a little wheat farm in front of the rail station at spawn and put some fences around the ravine the tower juts out from so that people don't drop to their death right away.

If anyone wants to trade rail/iron/gold for diamonds or other supplies let me know. Thanks mongoose for throwing a bunch of rail my way already.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I've got 59 rail blocks in my castle, with tons more in my basement that i never tore up

Bring your own weapons, your safety is not guaranteed.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So...anyone up for doing this with the railway? :p

Uh . . . nope hahah.
You could build a rail to your island :D :D

Or some nether rail. Though I suspect redstone and nether wouldn't go well together. Not sure.

I did some redstone activated lighting on some nether rail on the old server.  But beyond that haven't done anything with redstone actually.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:32:32 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah I don't have the first idea how that works; I didn't even know it was possible to convey data via redstone pulse length, versus a simple on/off state.  It sounds similar to that short-lived automated system we had back on gargamel, except they pulled this one off without any modding.  Cool stuff.

There is a small part of me that's tempted to do some sort of Netherrail, at least a single line out to my own island.  I think I'm probably the only still-active player in that general southeastern area of the map, unless any new people have set up shop down there, so it may not be worth doing anything more involved than that.  It's probably a moot point anyway once Kyad fully implements the warp system.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Mongoose was the first person to make use of the new warp system, replacing the old unused RuneCraft warp with the new one. You can all get to his island via the menu, provided you have some Tokens ofcourse.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Please ignore the terrible design and perpetually unfinished work!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Lobby has a menu now. It will allow you to access the various lobbies and every server we have. For the servers that are still in progress, it will tell you such.

Also in news, 4-team CTF, TnTRun, Spleef, and Quake are all operational and accessible. Next on my list is a whole bunch of minigame specific menus (on those servers), to help keep with the uniformity of the /menu. My goal is it should be the default place to look for pretty much anything.

Also since mongoose set his warp I figure I'll give a list for what I'll need for when you chose yours...

MC name
Warp name
Marker
Block in GUI
cords
a short discription

I'll determine the token cost. Here's a list of markers for the dynmap:
http://tinyurl.com/q8bawet

Worked on the rail a bit tonight.
It's functional both ways from the new spawn to my base.
And functional one way from new spawn to . . . . some of the outlying bases around old spawn. Also adding some lighting and will throw a roof over all of it later on.

Westward
Movement both ways to the end of the line (my base)

Eastward
Travel from new spawn to old spawn/teleport town
Partial travel from teleport town towards new spawn (less than halfway)
The branch to Sandwhich's place is unfinished.

In terms of iron, if people would like to drop some minecarts into the two chests in the tower near spawn that would be cool. I put one in each but, that's about it :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:03:59 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
snip

:confused: What am I looking at here? Why is there a bit of minecraft UI on top of dynmap? Just to get both pieces of info in a single image file or what?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
snip

:confused: What am I looking at here? Why is there a bit of minecraft UI on top of dynmap? Just to get both pieces of info in a single image file or what?

Because all I wanted from MC was that little bit of GUI, there was lots of extra space on Dynmap, one file is easier to manage/upload/post, and the two being together signifies that they are related.

It's kinda neat that I've gotten to the point that people question whether an image I upload actually looks that way or if I edited it though.  :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
C'mon, let's get some more people giving Kyad their info!  The system's pointless if I can't go anywhere but home! :p

C'mon, let's get some more people giving Kyad their info!  The system's pointless if I can't go anywhere but home! :p

Mmmmm, I would want to build a proper teleport building first so that when they warp there they arrive in a fancy looking place (not too big). And before I do that, need to finish the rail. But yeah maybe JCDN and Trashman and the rest can throw up their info on there. deathfun. venicius. etcetera