Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238982 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Also, is there a copy of gargamel anywhere?

Now that I am significantly better at the whole Admin thing, I can bring back Gargamel, yes. I'll do it around the same time as I do the 1.8 stuff, which will probably be once Optifine coes out so Mongoose isn't completely crippled.

Also there are about 5 or so coppies of the world in various places... My computer, my file server, mediafire, our Vert backups server and jach11's computer, plus anywhere else people who downloaded it have it.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Nah, you don't have to hold things up for me if you're set to go otherwise.  I'm only on very sporadically as-is, so I don't want to be gumming up the works for everyone.  Plus I think Optifine has a beta version out that's mostly feature-complete, or at least the features I'd need.

And I know I have the two versions of gargamel I have linked in the original post backed up somewhere.  The only thing both of those are missing are the original Nether and End, which had a few cool things like the Netherrail and (I think) Grimper's big End fortress in them.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Also, is there a copy of gargamel anywhere?

I put up a "cleaned" version (empty areas with nothing in it deleted to save file size) on mediafire a long time ago.
I still have it if you need it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Your version is also in the OP. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I have a demo of 1.8 with Carbon running on VertGaming.com:8090.

Note that it is a "Nomad" server, so building bases to stay as if frowned upon. Also beds don't reset your spawn point and you don't auto-heal (you'll need potions or golden apples). It's set to Hard difficulty. All other information is in the spawn.

If anyone wouldn't mind testing it for me, just connect with the 1.8 client.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Your version is also in the OP. :p

I should re-upload. I have been doing minor fixes here and there, and I think there was a griefer who wrecked a few things before the backup was made. Will have to check.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I did rebuild the spawn storage room at some point and worked on a chunk error in headdie's old place; both of those should be in the larger backup.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Part of the wooden structure at spawn was burnt down IIRC, dunno if anyone fixed that one. I did fix a few minor things before I made the upload, but there's more to fix

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hmm, having trouble with the server again? It was working fine yesterday night although I was getting a bit of lag before I disconnected for the night.

Also while I'm here, I've got a project that I'm working on that involves bows, minecarts, and mobs, oh my! (ok that doesn't really ryhme, but whatever). Right now I've got a small test track that is used to ferry the player around, but then I thought of maybe switching it around so that the mobs ride the carts and the player just shoot at them as they go by. I'd have to worry about the minecarts deconstructing from missed shots, though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:06:22 pm by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Part of the wooden structure at spawn was burnt down IIRC, dunno if anyone fixed that one. I did fix a few minor things before I made the upload, but there's more to fix
Yeah, that's what I rebuilt, as best I could anyway.  You could take a look at it in the main download and copypasta the chunk files if you wanted.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I worked mostly on TrashMania, I could copy-pasta that, or someone could copy-pasta what I did. Works either way.
I still have to re-upload tough.

I can't connect to the server or some reason. Maybe because I'm currently in Dubai? don't know

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't connect to the server or some reason. Maybe because I'm currently in Dubai? don't know

Well right at this point in time the login servers are down. That would be Mojang's fault.

Otherwise I'm able to see the server with any version from 1.7.2 to 1.8, so it isn't the servers.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
And holy crap it's -Sara-

Holy crap it's Sara

Timestamps. This happens when I visit once a year. I lolled.  :lol:

Ha! Well alright then. Now isn't that amusing I essentially said the *exact* same thing
I'm gonna have to pop on here and see what's up with stuff. Probably have to do some Minecraft version changes first though
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
And holy crap it's -Sara-

Holy crap it's Sara

Timestamps. This happens when I visit once a year. I lolled.  :lol:

Ha! Well alright then. Now isn't that amusing I essentially said the *exact* same thing
I'm gonna have to pop on here and see what's up with stuff. Probably have to do some Minecraft version changes first though

The server is running 1.7.9 at the moment, but you can connect with 1.7.9, 1.7.10, or 1.8, whichever runs best for you.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Most recent 1.8.1 pre-release mentions "many optimizations."  Cautiously optimistic.  Should probably try it myself and see, but so very very lazy.

So something is wrong with mojang's authentication servers and no one can log on right now? I've been trying to get on the server for a week but no luck and it seems like I never see anyone else on either

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So something is wrong with mojang's authentication servers and no one can log on right now? I've been trying to get on the server for a week but no luck and it seems like I never see anyone else on either

Same here.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Same here, too. It's a shame. If we have this issue, though, how many other Minecraft players have it too? It doesn't help, in my mind, that it coincides after the huge buyout by MS.. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon either way.

EDIT: On the topic of Gargamel, I keep thinking back about it, since it was my first big attempt at minecraft it's full of memories as well for me. Also since it involved plenty of work I did that I haven't been able to really revisit, touch up, improve, etc. My current work is considerably different and more down to earth comparably.

2nd EDIT: https://help.mojang.com/ suggests it works. I was able to login to a random server, I wonder if the problem does lie somewhere in the Vertgaming server?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:16:09 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Wasn't the vert server all week, but ya, bungee **** itself. Updated bungee.

Also Spigot is close to proper 1.8 support. May not need carbon at all.

EDIT: And I'm going to be modifying some bungee stuff, so if it looks down it's because it probably is.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:40:09 pm by KyadCK »