Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239217 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
File this under simple-yet-elegant: a colo(u)r wheel sheep farm!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Was on the server a couple days ago and I am impressed. Portals to the worlds around? Nice
Also was surprised to see no one euthanized my sheep farm and that my buildings are still kicking!

Least, I think my sheep farm is still there
"No"

I was able to get on last night. There were two other players as well so seems good now?

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Boo. Managed to get some things set up across all three servers, (survival, creative, and ultrahard) only to find out that I'm at 90% of this month's datacap. Will have to wait about 9 more days until it resets. :(
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HM...tried logging in a few times. Nobody there
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I've got some dire news. I kicked back and forth about staying private or public, but I settled on going public.

Somebody griefed the living **** out of me.
*All storage and functional blocks in my base have been destroyed.
*TNT had been set off in a few places.
*Random structural blocks have been destroyed.
*My base was entered from a long tunnel from the north. The tunnel leads to a world-generated mine and I lost the trail there.
*My friends' mountain base was damaged as well.
*Probably a bunch of other things I haven't noticed yet.

In all the time I've been playing on an HLP-affiliated server, I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the conduct of other players, which makes this all the more shocking and violating. While I can't properly point fingers, there are two users (I cannot recall their names as yet) who logged on for the first time on Sunday. Damage to my base appeared later that day- an incomplete golem grinder punched through by manmade tools and a couple structural blocks destroyed in a nearby tunnel.

Kyad, I summon your mod/admin powers to smite the guilty and repair what you can!
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've got some dire news. I kicked back and forth about staying private or public, but I settled on going public.

Somebody griefed the living **** out of me.
*All storage and functional blocks in my base have been destroyed.
*TNT had been set off in a few places.
*Random structural blocks have been destroyed.
*My base was entered from a long tunnel from the north. The tunnel leads to a world-generated mine and I lost the trail there.
*My friends' mountain base was damaged as well.
*Probably a bunch of other things I haven't noticed yet.

In all the time I've been playing on an HLP-affiliated server, I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the conduct of other players, which makes this all the more shocking and violating. While I can't properly point fingers, there are two users (I cannot recall their names as yet) who logged on for the first time on Sunday. Damage to my base appeared later that day- an incomplete golem grinder punched through by manmade tools and a couple structural blocks destroyed in a nearby tunnel.

Kyad, I summon your mod/admin powers to smite the guilty and repair what you can!

Need cords man, but unless it was before the SQL perge months ago (you'd have known), it's all in the system. One command and it all goes away, but I need cords so I can find a name.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Wow... better go check on my stuff.

IronBeer, you need any supplies now?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Need cords man, but unless it was before the SQL perge months ago (you'd have known), it's all in the system. One command and it all goes away, but I need cords so I can find a name.
Can do. I've got to get to work in a bit here, but I can give you the necessary details later today.

After sleeping on this, a couple of things occurred to me, most of them revolving around "Punishment is more likely than not going to be necessary to prevent this happening again":
-The fact that the attack took place in two phases (the initial scouting raid entered via grinder punch-through, then the actual attack via long borehole) suggests a great deal of organization and premeditation.
-Sub point: my and my friends' base is quite far from the spawn (~3k). One would need to know precisely where it is to attack it. Furthermore, almost all of my facilities are underground. Ergo, the attacker used some sort of player-detection solution to find me.
-I suspect we're dealing with an experienced and remorseless troll, and most worryingly, one who now knows where I live in-game.

So, actual details that would help you with area restoration:
-The main attack likely occurred sometime after 1800 (I think) UTC on Sunday, Nov23. Just cross-reference against my last logoff.
-Coordinates of area to be restored are forthcoming. I'm going to take a little initiative and mark my friends' base for restoration as well. In the process, I can survey any damage they've taken and add to the griefer(s)'s list of crimes.
-The rollback action should restore everything, right? Including items in chests?

I appreciate the offer, TrashMan, but mercifully I had a pretty full gear load on my person when I logged. Besides, once the rollback goes through, I should have my old supply hoard back.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Can do. I've got to get to work in a bit here, but I can give you the necessary details later today.

After sleeping on this, a couple of things occurred to me, most of them revolving around "Punishment is more likely than not going to be necessary to prevent this happening again":
-The fact that the attack took place in two phases (the initial scouting raid entered via grinder punch-through, then the actual attack via long borehole) suggests a great deal of organization and premeditation.
-Sub point: my and my friends' base is quite far from the spawn (~3k). One would need to know precisely where it is to attack it. Furthermore, almost all of my facilities are underground. Ergo, the attacker used some sort of player-detection solution to find me.
-I suspect we're dealing with an experienced and remorseless troll, and most worryingly, one who now knows where I live in-game.

So, actual details that would help you with area restoration:
-The main attack likely occurred sometime after 1800 (I think) UTC on Sunday, Nov23. Just cross-reference against my last logoff.
-Coordinates of area to be restored are forthcoming. I'm going to take a little initiative and mark my friends' base for restoration as well. In the process, I can survey any damage they've taken and add to the griefer(s)'s list of crimes.
-The rollback action should restore everything, right? Including items in chests?

I appreciate the offer, TrashMan, but mercifully I had a pretty full gear load on my person when I logged. Besides, once the rollback goes through, I should have my old supply hoard back.

I only need cords of one damage area unless multiple people griefed in multiple places. The only reason I even need the cords to to check logs for a name.

Once I have a name, one command will undo everything that player has ever done on the server. Everything they built, everything they destroyed, everything they stole. Prism does save contents of chests as well, yes, as well as who interacted with them and what was changed with each interaction. It can even roll back your death, giving you your items back. The world will be as if that person never existed. And then I ban them.

./prism rb r:global p:(name) t:30d
./gban (name) Griefing, being a dick

Thats it.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Crisis averted.

With the first sweep of His hand, KYAD healed the land.
With the second sweep of His hand, KYAD banished the sinners.
All was right with the world.
Praise be to KYAD and the holy PRISM.

The ending of the words is MNCRFT.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Checked the rail station by the spawn area, looks like somebody got blasted by a creeper (possibly a charged creeper?) and damaged the stairs by the entrance. I had something of a chicken farm there to supplement the public wheat farm, but I'm not that fond of it as didn't do much in the way of production.

I'm a little disappointed at the fact that they took the map I had hanging up in the rail station lobby, too.  :blah:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:00:41 am by z64555 »
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Offline rhx123

Is this thing still around? Be interesting to check out what happened to it

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Is this thing still around? Be interesting to check out what happened to it

Hmm? Which thing?
The server was still active at least a week ago,  Kyad and them were working on a new lobby in prep for the move to 1.8. I'll likely be on tonight as well. Data capped internet sucks at times. :c

chief1983

------------

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Double post. sigh.

A player by the name of General_Ray has been building quite near the spawn, not sure if this is allowable or not. Also noticed somebody has been messing with the central rail station... a big block of bedrock at the top is kinda hard to miss.
chief1983

------------

A player by the name of General_Ray has been building quite near the spawn, not sure if this is allowable or not. Also noticed somebody has been messing with the central rail station... a big block of bedrock at the top is kinda hard to miss.

I think that might be my dad... does anything look like a pyramid?
I think I asked him to steer clear of spawn, but can't recall... I'll look into it.

EDIT: Is there a functional dynmap, or can anybody recommend a good, working map mod? Thanks.

EDIT2: The pyramid is his, and I think the little square wooden tower. The grinder, house, and dirt obelisk are not. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the capability to build bedrock above anything.
Anyway, I've spoken the unspoken rule about not building so close to spawn. The pyramid is probably the last we'll see of his so close.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 08:42:19 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam

I think I asked him to steer clear of spawn, but can't recall... I'll look into it.

EDIT: Is there a functional dynmap, or can anybody recommend a good, working map mod? Thanks.

Yes. It is, most definitely a pyramid of sandstone. Not sure where he got said sandstone since there isn't any sand near the spawn. He might be warping back and forth from a sand biome (like the old spawn) to his place to do it. There's also a glass tower with lava lamps nearby that's likely his. lol.

Re: dynmap, I tried the one Kyad linked several weeks ago, but I never got it to work.
chief1983

------------

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sandwich: Sorry it took so long, but I promoted you and gave you access to the Fenris worldguard.

There are a few ways to get to it.

Method 1:

You should be in plotworld. At the center of plotworld there should be a portal that leads to the overworld. From there you can either fly straight up to Y= 256 in which case you will be auto teleported to the same X/Z in spaceworld, or there is another portal in that small spawn area that goes to space world.

Method 2:

Ignore all that, do /menu, and use the menu system to warp you to spaceworld directly.

Either way, Fenris should be up and to your left (X= -60 Z= 60). We do have prism running in case of particularly nasty mistakes.
So somehow I've missed all notifications of topic replies until recently. O.O

I'll see if I can figure things out with the Fenris soon. Been slammed with work lately.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:44:41 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Double post. sigh.

Anti-hacker jail. :P

Yes. It is, most definitely a pyramid of sandstone. Not sure where he got said sandstone since there isn't any sand near the spawn. He might be warping back and forth from a sand biome (like the old spawn) to his place to do it. There's also a glass tower with lava lamps nearby that's likely his. lol.

Re: dynmap, I tried the one Kyad linked several weeks ago, but I never got it to work.

Offline. Will have new URL for 1.8. Unified Dynmap was... ugly. Hard to work with, too many worlds.

Sandwich: Sorry it took so long, but I promoted you and gave you access to the Fenris worldguard.

There are a few ways to get to it.

Method 1:

You should be in plotworld. At the center of plotworld there should be a portal that leads to the overworld. From there you can either fly straight up to Y= 256 in which case you will be auto teleported to the same X/Z in spaceworld, or there is another portal in that small spawn area that goes to space world.

Method 2:

Ignore all that, do /menu, and use the menu system to warp you to spaceworld directly.

Either way, Fenris should be up and to your left (X= -60 Z= 60). We do have prism running in case of particularly nasty mistakes.
So somehow I've missed all notifications of topic replies until recently. O.O

I'll see if I can figure things out with the Fenris soon. Been slammed with work lately.

Fenris is still in space world, but the underlying things may have changed. I'll make sure you have Fenris access and probably add it to the warps menu directly if it isn't already.