Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239074 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Oui, Mongoose. I carved a path from the highway near JC's portal towards yours. Look for the Quartz blocks and the path will be clear. As always, watch out for ghasts.

If you would like, I can build a cobblestone path that would be a bit more safer. But at any rate you'll have quick access to JC's place as well as the rest of the interesting world. :)

Kyad: V3exex showed me around his place as well as where you made an NPC village at 804, Y, -2043 some years ago. I looked for a way to its Nether coords, but it didn't look like an easy stroll, I might check back on it later.

Oh, and I found some more creeper damage from one of my earliest explorations. Sheesh, I'm such creeper bait. Coord's are around -1355, 70, 434. Bridge took the most damage, but there was another few explosions around that area as well.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh hey, thanks!  I haven't been on much for a while, so I hadn't noticed it.  Don't worry about the cobblestone; I have a bunch of extra myself, and it'll give me something to do to keep busy.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I've been griefed.

Someone removed all doors, left lava, let my peasants loose and raided my vault
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I've been griefed.

Strange, last time I visited I saw some of the peasants in the stairwell, but I made sure that all gates where closed when I left.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've been griefed.

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrds.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ups...coords are near my spawn/teleport point (can be seen from the warp menu IIRC). My place is near main spawn.

At work ATM, so can't get you exact coordinates.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Coordinates are

x  - 779
y    103
z    228

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Fixed.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HM....most of it, yes.
Doors are back and the damage is gone.

But my items are still missing. My custom-crafted diamond sword (unrebreaking II, smite IV, Sharpness V), steel sword (unbreaking I, Smite III, Sharpness III) and bow(fire and unlimited ammo IIRC) are gone as well as most of the stuff from my MISC chest (emeralds and diamonds)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Still gone
:(

My Cerra Sumat... :(

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
started some work on making a rail system underneath the nether highway, also widened the path to IronBeer's and checked on Sandwich's place and the Spawn, looked OK.
chief1983

------------

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Finally got around to setting up Optifine for 1.8.1.  (Unlike 1.8, 1.8.1 is technically playable on my machine, but with massive framerate hits in certain situations.)  A much older version I'd used actually decreased my framerate somehow, but this is doubling or even tripling it.  Honestly, even games made 7 or 8 years ago rarely run this smoothly on here. :D

Edit: I'm not sure when it happened, since I haven't been on regularly for a while, but apparently I was hit with by a thief too.  My diamonds and gold are missing, as are a few higher-tier enchanted diamond tools, and miscellany like glowstone and saddles.  Some crops are gone (the dillweed grabbed the water from them no less), and a few animals were let out of their pens.  My base is centered around 3290, 1540, so something like a 30-block radius around that point should take care of it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:34:51 am by Mongoose »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You too?
Kiss your enchanted items goodbye.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
You too?

I am not wasting my time for a badly enchanted iron and diamond sword. Get over it and make new ones.

Get back to be when there are serious issues, like "Chat doesnt work", or "My entire base has been TNT'd", or "Help theres a hacker thats killing me every 30 seconds". Not "oh no my level 20 enchanted sword is missing". Especially when you dont even say thank you to the admin who is working for free on his own time (of which I have much less these days) to help.

EDIT: Will get to it in a sec Mongoose.

EDIT2: You are going to need to be far more specific. Either it happened a loooong time ago, or I am in the wrong place.

If it happened that long ago, give me a basic list and I'll leave some in a chest in the room above.

EDIT3: If cords are supposed to be private, then use PMs, otherwise I'm going to assume that you don't care and cords will probably get posted here. Just a heads up.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:51:25 pm by KyadCK »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No, you're in the right place, at least generally-speaking.  It may have been some time ago; I really haven't been on very frequently for a good 3 or 4 months.  Do your logs reach back that far?  I do distinctly remember at least some of the stuff still being there the last time I was playing, since I would have been in and out of those chests.  I don't mind posting the coords, since my base is on the warp list anyway (though maybe I should reconsider that...), so let's see if I can be more specific:

--Tools chest (3298,1532): At least two enchanted diamond pickaxes, though I know you said you wouldn't bother with enchantments.
--Books chest (3294,1532): Pretty sure I had some enchanted books, but I'm not really concerned about those.
--Buckets & Bowls chest (3287,1532): I know I had several lava/water buckets, obviously not a huge deal.  I feel like I may have had a few saddles in the chest below it too.
--Glowstone chest: I know it's not showing up there, but I'm also just about positive that I had a bunch of glowstone dust squared away, if not a stack of glowstone blocks as well.
--Mined ores: (3298,1534): This is the biggie.  Probably two full stacks of iron blocks, at least half a stack of gold blocks plus some ingots, and I don't recall exactly how many diamonds, but I think it was at least several blocks and some miscellaneous loose ones.

That's as much as I can remember, anyway.  Out of curiosity, is anything like that old private chest plugin we used to have on the old setup still out there today?  It'd at least prevent us having to worry about the item-stealing side of things.

(Also I'd like to thank whatever asshole did all this for also removing a few random torches.  I got ganked by a creeper in my own basement while I was going through my chests, which meant I had to do a bunch of emergency chest construction and tedious sorting.)

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
No, you're in the right place, at least generally-speaking.  It may have been some time ago; I really haven't been on very frequently for a good 3 or 4 months.  Do your logs reach back that far?  I do distinctly remember at least some of the stuff still being there the last time I was playing, since I would have been in and out of those chests.  I don't mind posting the coords, since my base is on the warp list anyway (though maybe I should reconsider that...), so let's see if I can be more specific:

--Tools chest (3298,1532): At least two enchanted diamond pickaxes, though I know you said you wouldn't bother with enchantments.
--Books chest (3294,1532): Pretty sure I had some enchanted books, but I'm not really concerned about those.
--Buckets & Bowls chest (3287,1532): I know I had several lava/water buckets, obviously not a huge deal.  I feel like I may have had a few saddles in the chest below it too.
--Glowstone chest: I know it's not showing up there, but I'm also just about positive that I had a bunch of glowstone dust squared away, if not a stack of glowstone blocks as well.
--Mined ores: (3298,1534): This is the biggie.  Probably two full stacks of iron blocks, at least half a stack of gold blocks plus some ingots, and I don't recall exactly how many diamonds, but I think it was at least several blocks and some miscellaneous loose ones.

That's as much as I can remember, anyway.  Out of curiosity, is anything like that old private chest plugin we used to have on the old setup still out there today?  It'd at least prevent us having to worry about the item-stealing side of things.

(Also I'd like to thank whatever asshole did all this for also removing a few random torches.  I got ganked by a creeper in my own basement while I was going through my chests, which meant I had to do a bunch of emergency chest construction and tedious sorting.)

If it was like Fortune 3 or something rare i'll take the 30 seconds. I'm just not going to spend a good 10 minutes searching for a chest to put a Sharpness 3 sword in it, thats something anyone with 30 levels can get first try.

Honestly, if it happened in the last 2 months, it would be logged. I've got some records of people looking in them 45 days ago, but no one taking anything. You have a chest waiting for you. You'll find it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You too?

I am not wasting my time for a badly enchanted iron and diamond sword. Get over it and make new ones.

Get back to be when there are serious issues, like "Chat doesnt work", or "My entire base has been TNT'd", or "Help theres a hacker thats killing me every 30 seconds". Not "oh no my level 20 enchanted sword is missing". Especially when you dont even say thank you to the admin who is working for free on his own time (of which I have much less these days) to help.

I'm glad you think the time spent to get all those enchantments, EXP, emeralds and diamonds is worthless. Because clearly, all of those are growing on trees and I can produce lvl 5 enchantments and diamonds in an instant.
Surely the 1 minute it would take for you to produce a stack of emeralds, daimonds and XP and everything else is worth so much more than god-know-how-many hours I need to find and (re)make it.
Loosing the sword(s) is more an irritant than nothing else, since they were display pieces, but the time necessary to replace everything is far, far more.

And while normally I would say "thank you" (it's normal to be appreciative of someones help, and I don't believe I ever implied that I'm not), because server hosting is a labor of love, I don't feel like it anymore.
You can take a guess as to why.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:54:19 am by TrashMan »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If it was like Fortune 3 or something rare i'll take the 30 seconds. I'm just not going to spend a good 10 minutes searching for a chest to put a Sharpness 3 sword in it, thats something anyone with 30 levels can get first try.
One of the diamond ones was just an Efficiency 4, which I don't really care about since I only used it for obsidian anyway, but the other one was actually a pretty sweet combo: Fortune 3, Efficiency 4, and...Unbreaking 3 maybe?  If it's not a massive issue I wouldn't mind having that one back, but if it's too much of a pain in the ass don't worry about it.  Thanks so much for taking care of it!

Edit: Never mind, apparently you can read minds. :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:19:33 pm by Mongoose »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
You too?

I'm glad you think the time spent to get all those enchantments, EXP, emeralds and diamonds is worthless. Because clearly, all of those are growing on trees and I can produce lvl 5 enchantments and diamonds in an instant.
Surely the 1 minute it would take for you to produce a stack of emeralds, daimonds and XP and everything else is worth so much more than god-know-how-many hours I need to find and (re)make it.
Loosing the sword(s) is more an irritant than nothing else, since they were display pieces, but the time necessary to replace everything is far, far more.

And while normally I would say "thank you" (it's normal to be appreciative of someones help, and I don't believe I ever implied that I'm not), because server hosting is a labor of love, I don't feel like it anymore.
You can take a guess as to why.

I think that someone who's first responce to their thing getting ungriefed is "you did it wrong" or some variation there of does not really deserve my time. In my experiance, complaining on HLP means complaining. I do not assume gratefulness from people I don't talk with on a regular basis.

I assisted to the best of Prism's ability. Anything else was too old for me to get a read on, which in simple terms means you haven't played enough to have any idea what happened in two months.

I also probably would have done the same for you as I did for mongoose had you included a thank you. And not made snippy comments about the guy with very little free time and what I would or would not do.

One of the diamond ones was just an Efficiency 4, which I don't really care about since I only used it for obsidian anyway, but the other one was actually a pretty sweet combo: Fortune 3, Efficiency 4, and...Unbreaking 3 maybe?  If it's not a massive issue I wouldn't mind having that one back, but if it's too much of a pain in the ass don't worry about it.  Thanks so much for taking care of it!

Edit: Never mind, apparently you can read minds. :D

Eh, I looked at your list and tried to put back a fair(tm) amount of items. My rant was more general informative than asking if you actually had something like that.

Glad you can play on 1.8 now, hopefully it continues to run well for you.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I think that someone who's first responce to their thing getting ungriefed is "you did it wrong" or some variation there of does not really deserve my time. In my experiance, complaining on HLP means complaining. I do not assume gratefulness from people I don't talk with on a regular basis.

If that's how you read it then I'm legitimately saddened.
It was more like:

"cool! All the damage is fixed. Lava is gone! doors are back...stuff is bac- .. wait. my most valuebale stuff is still gone"

I assisted to the best of Prism's ability. Anything else was too old for me to get a read on, which in simple terms means you haven't played enough to have any idea what happened in two months.

Yup, I was playing very little in the last months. Had other things to do. I was on a few times, but I haven't visited the main vault, so it could be the stuff was taken earlier.
If you can't fix it, you can't. No one is asking for impossible.

I took issue with the attitude. "Just get new ones".
As if stacks of diamonds, emeralds and high-lvl enchantments are easily replaced.
I mined the mountains and depths for god-kows-how-long to amass what I had. Your free time is not the only one of value.
The irony is I don't even really need them. Diamonds are only good for crafting, emeralds for trading. The enchanted items had more emotional value than practical, since I never used them.

I don't mind you complaining about my tone, but take a look in the mirror and see yours was no better.