Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239519 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I setup a demo redstone mechanism featuring a minecart loader, unloader, and a "silent" droppervator. Thinking about making an auto furnace system that'll output to minecart and send it down the line, so I can be lazy and not travel all the way to the furnace while I'm out building it up. :D
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I went to "D'Castle" and created a chest outside of your storage room.
It contains 64 Spruce Saplings and the rest is gravel (52 full stacks + 1 partial)

Might not be the best place to put the chest but figure you can move it if necessary.  Don't have netherbrick and am in constant need of the wood I'm chopping down so can't spare the other materials.

Thanks
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Well, I tried 2 designs of autofurnaces and the server, and it looks like the lag is just enough to mess up the distribution.

I did get a smaller 2 furnace design working reliably with two hoppers drawing from the same large chest. That's as far as it'll scale, though, I can't use the chest as a splitter because it won't distribute evenly after the first one.

Update: Moved my portal inside of the shroom room for better protection against ghasts. Did a bit of renovations too. I think it turned out nice:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:38:56 pm by z64555 »
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Can someone tell me WTF is going on?

The house I am building suddenly came under zombie siege.
20 of them within 3 minutes.
Zombies and creepers were spawning RIGHT NEXT to torches.

And creepers blew part of it again and again. I though creeper explosions were turned off.
This was some serious "night of the living dead stuff."
Night, rain, thunderstorm. Suddenly zombies everywhere, from every direction!

Creeper damage is not turned off.  Dunno about any night of the living dead scenarios.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:02:35 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It seriously freaked me out.
Never saw something like this in MC.

Zombies were coming out of every nook and cranny.
I locked myself in the house, only to find a creeper in the corner who exploded, destroying the wall and letting zombies in.
Then, them upstairs more zombies came.

It felt like the game was trying to freak me out. They kept appearing behind me.
I should have recorded it.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Need block reset around spawn again. Some joker decided to grief the rail station and claim "hackers" have done it.
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Need block reset around spawn again. Some joker decided to grief the rail station and claim "hackers" have done it.

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Thx.  :yes:
chief1983

------------

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
OK, I set up storage chests in the house beneath the skybridge/walkway at my place.
They are full of building materials.
the entire area is designated for building a village that will hopefully connect to the old "town/spawn".
So feel free to build stuff there.

We really should do something about that b.t.w.
the old teleport pads are not operational, we could re-purpose it for something.

I don't think there would be any objections to converting the teleport town into a village of somesort.

Alternatively . . . one fun thing to do in my opinion would be to take that teleport village and not change it, but simply dress it up.  If it's an old teleport town that's not functional anymore, make it look that way. Maybe it's partly buried by sand or overgrown with vegetation (though the desert makes this unlikely).  Give the place a sense of history rather than erasing it completely.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm not touching it without a concensus.

Yeah. Well I'm just rendering my vote. Though the only thing I did at the teleport town was the rail station and the adjacent wheat farm, both of which are technically outside the area.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Did some maintenance on the (new) spawn rail station. I remember back when I first joined that there would be hostile mobs spawning on the top of the tower, disallowing you to sleep in the bed. Essentially I just put down slabs and stair blocks at the places I could reach, so hopefully that should discourage them from now on.

Also restocked the public supply chest with picks, shovels, swords and bows. As with last time I stocked it, if the newbies want arrows they'll have to make their own.

In related news, I'll need to stock up on materials in preparation for the great nether rail construction project. Currently, the line from my place to the Central station is complete, and there's plans to go down to the highway crossing that leads to JC's and Mongoose's. Once that's done, I'll look to connect IronBeer's place as well.

hmm, There is also Vexx's and Pitheif's portal that I'll need to properly build to. I keep forgetting about them.  :nervous:
chief1983

------------

Regarding the rail, I know the east-bound track from spawn had some damage to it. I believe there was powered rail missing from the tower an the first two lengths and later on there was sproadic damage to the rail itself. I meant to fix it at some point but got to finishing my castle instead.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Regarding the rail, I know the east-bound track from spawn had some damage to it. I believe there was powered rail missing from the tower an the first two lengths and later on there was sproadic damage to the rail itself. I meant to fix it at some point but got to finishing my castle instead.

I replaced the 2 powered rails, but didn't know about the missing track later on. I'll take a look at it later tonight.
chief1983

------------

That's a cool pyramid by the spawn btw. I wasn't on for a few months and took the rail along that line. It's cool to see what people have done in that time. 
I've been on quite a bit lately though have focused on working on my fortress. Though the place is too freaking huge, will take me a lifetime. Still have made some good progress. Haven't seen too many people on aside from z64 and trashman.

The new Lobby is nice looknig, though its a bit further to walk to get to survival.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
That's a cool pyramid by the spawn btw. I wasn't on for a few months and took the rail along that line. It's cool to see what people have done in that time. 
I've been on quite a bit lately though have focused on working on my fortress. Though the place is too freaking huge, will take me a lifetime. Still have made some good progress. Haven't seen too many people on aside from z64 and trashman.

The new Lobby is nice looknig, though its a bit further to walk to get to survival.

Use the Compass to directly warp to that server. :)
chief1983

------------

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Made a new road from the old spawn to my place.
Finished another house in the village

Progress is being made.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Use the Compass to directly warp to that server. :)

Or, if you play on only that server, use the Spawn Selection item (Nether star if I remember correctly) to just set your lobby join spawn near the survival server. Then when you join you'll only be 2-3 blocks from the portal you want.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them