Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238903 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sounds great, will definitely keep an eye out.  :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

It seems like I'm forced to be the bearer of bad news lately.. Or at least, of technical issues.

" Could not connect to default or fallback server, please try again later: java.net.ConnectionException "

I'm using 'Latest Version' as option in the launcher, so v1.8.4. No changes or anything on my end too.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I just saw that last night when I was trying to check out the new lobby setup.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Bahaha...

Von was trying to work on the lobby, but he did a huge paste and the server ran out of memory due to a bad Async Worldedit version.

I allocated 2GB just for the lobby.  :lol:  Now it's 4GB.

Plugin updated and server restarted.

Code: [Select]
[15:17:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Vonstrofleburger issued server command: //paste
[15:19:16] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 619/WARN]: Exception in thread "Craft Scheduler Thread - 619"
[15:19:22] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 619/WARN]: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException: Plugin AsyncWorldEdit v2.2.0 generated an exception while executing task 657974
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R2.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
omg. lol

Went in to check on the nether portal at spawn, had a whole horde of zombie pigman milling about. Accidentally hit one with the shovel when trying to get out and now they're ALL pissed off at me, on both Nether and Overworld. I dropped some good loot, too, in particular my flaming bow which I dropped near my portal when I got ambushed en route to a rescue mission.  :lol:
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Yes server is down.

Yes I am doing things.

Updates later.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Soon™...

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright, we moved.

Server IP: 167.114.118.102
Server Port: 25565
Server Version: 1.8.6 (but will soon allow 1.7.10 and 1.6.4 to join for Forge servers)

New Server Selection Menu currently has 5 servers, 3 of them active;

Creative; Gamemode 1, no special powers, lots of TP.
Survival; Gamemode 0, no special powers, lots of TP.
Hard-light; Gamemode 0, you know what it's like.
Plots; 200x200 plots, full GM1 and Worldedit powers in plot. up to 4 claimable plots and they can merge. Coming soon.
Factions; GM0 PVP. Duh. Coming soon.

Other servers that may be available Eventually™;
Tekkit 1.6.4
Custom Forge Heavy Pack Creative on 1.7.10
Custom Forge Heavy Pack Survival on 1.7.10
Custom Forge Light Pack Survival on 1.7.10
All legacy worlds, from OCN, Vert, HLP and Play, on 1.8.6, GM3 only.
Kit PVP on 1.8.6
Minigames (IE, Quake, Spleef, etc) on 1.8.6
Hardcore on 1.8.6

Chat changed. All user now default to Global chat. Global chat is shared between every active world. It follows a simple chat format;

That gives you two buttons and a name before chat.  One lets you ignore the player quickly, and the other lets you msg them quickly;

In the case of Ignore player, if the user is Staff, it will instead be /helpop. At least on the Lobby (will expand) we allow unlimited use for Nicknames and nickname colors! Some things have been removed, namely player spam. We found better ways.

New Tab system. Looks like this now;

And I made you guys your own logo since you aren't under Vert anymore;

Don't kill me, I know it's not as nice as the real HLP logo...

Sweeeet, and the logo looks pretty cool.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Looking great! :yes:

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright, here's my sorry attempt at the logo:

[edit 2015/06/04]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:43:39 pm by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Yo Sandwich, since the move to Reese's server, the hardlight world has been upgraded to 1.8. These means that your villager spawner has to be upgraded to provide food to the villagers in order for them to breed. I already have a design that'll work, and essentially makes the breeding chamber a 4x4 or so farm plot. The baby villagers won't be pushed towards the center, but it's a good  change that they'll run around into the drain on their own before becoming adults.
chief1983

------------

Hello! I tried to log in today, it doesn't seem to be connecting.
Do I bring that up here, or is there a place to bother Reese more directly? Or is it a normal thing that'll fix itself, or am I doing something wrong?

(Running vanilla 1.8.6)

EDIT: Seems that the server is fine, and running 1.8. Login/authentication servers seem to be on the fritz.

EDIT2: Was able to log in today, running 1.8.7. I'm not sure if that's what the problem was before, or was something else.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:31:22 am by Scourge of Ages »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
login/auth servers have been known to go down at odd times, so it's very likely.

How's the new server set up been working for you, were you able to get around OK?
chief1983

------------

How's the new server set up been working for you, were you able to get around OK?

In my limited testing, I just found my way to the Hard-Light server, and spawned in my home. Can't ask for more than that. Though I didn't try to load any of the other worlds, I assume they work as planned.

Entered creative world, it works afaik. Is there a command to warp back to the world select?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:09:48 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
/menu has a warp target to it, but apparently it broke again. There's supposed to be a warp command, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Did a bit of grounds keeping at the spawn station, replanted the forest to the North using a graphite lattice pattern, although it might be a bit too tight of a tree grouping. I may chop down a tree here and there to add some randomness to it.

Spawn station map is missing again, sigh. I have a copy of the map at my towerhouse, but it looks like they took the item frame that used to house it as well. Guess I'll have to go leather farming.

Looked at the Nether rail near JC's and Mongoose's junction, thinking about making the rail station at that little outpost thing he set up there when the highway was first built, since it's a pretty regular size and seems to be in a good scenic location.
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
/menu has a warp target to it, but apparently it broke again. There's supposed to be a warp command, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Did a bit of grounds keeping at the spawn station, replanted the forest to the North using a graphite lattice pattern, although it might be a bit too tight of a tree grouping. I may chop down a tree here and there to add some randomness to it.

Spawn station map is missing again, sigh. I have a copy of the map at my towerhouse, but it looks like they took the item frame that used to house it as well. Guess I'll have to go leather farming.

Looked at the Nether rail near JC's and Mongoose's junction, thinking about making the rail station at that little outpost thing he set up there when the highway was first built, since it's a pretty regular size and seems to be in a good scenic location.

/menu sould work on Hardlight at minimum.

Also if you guys want your minds to break, do /menu on the lobby. The compass method still works fine, but I'm experimenting.

Player V3exex seems to be in some sort of dirt dungeon and can't warp out, or even /menu or anything. Either it's some sort of weird glitch, or he got exiled somehow. And he'd like out; can somebody admin him back to spawn or something?

And he's a personal friend, so he didn't grief anyone or steal anything.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
/menu's still broke, it brings it up but you can't really use it.

Is he able to still use /home?

[EDIT]

Upgraded Sandwich's villager breeder to have a farm plot inside the breeding chamber. Still need one or two brown-shirts inside the chamber and need another villager in the crow's nest to make it work again.

I thought I saw a GUI mod that showed village information, if we could get something like that in it'll help debug the breeder.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:08:08 pm by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

I'll ask if V3exex was able to /home. I think he would have tried, but I'll update you.

In other news: General_Ray came across some apparent grief on the survival server. He typed into the chat what he saw and did, so that an admin can find coordinates and stuff. The time when he came across it is between 18:00 and 18:15 Pacific Time on July 29.

Some storage boxes in a wood and glass structure were broken open, and items strewn about; General_Ray tried to build replacement boxes to save items, but wasn't able to get all of them. Then he left.