Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239067 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Player V3exex seems to be in some sort of dirt dungeon and can't warp out, or even /menu or anything. Either it's some sort of weird glitch, or he got exiled somehow. And he'd like out; can somebody admin him back to spawn or something?

And he's a personal friend, so he didn't grief anyone or steal anything.

I know V3exex. If his problem is in the lobby, I reset his join profile, he should spawn in spawn.

If the problem is on Hardlight, I'm not going to blank his info without more info because it'll wipe his inv.

/menu's still broke, it brings it up but you can't really use it.

Is he able to still use /home?

[EDIT]

Upgraded Sandwich's villager breeder to have a farm plot inside the breeding chamber. Still need one or two brown-shirts inside the chamber and need another villager in the crow's nest to make it work again.

I thought I saw a GUI mod that showed village information, if we could get something like that in it'll help debug the breeder.

If it's a Clientside Forge mod, you can use it without server modifications. I'm willing to bet it is.

If it's a Bukkit or Spigot plugin, feel free to link it.

If it's a server side Forge mod... It's a LOT more stable these days. You can have a Forge server if you'd like, but it'll have to be a reset map, and it will require pack hosting. And to not be edited often. The most modern version of Forge with ok support is Forge 1403 for 1.7.10. That'll let me run Cauldron and keep you linked with the bungee while still being compatible with almost everything.

Menu works for spawn and lobby. Menu fails to work for Warp list as item names changed, and now one is incorrect. Niiiiiice.

Nope, even better, MC 1.8.7 requires you close the old inv before opening new ones. Simple fix but ouch.

I'll ask if V3exex was able to /home. I think he would have tried, but I'll update you.

In other news: General_Ray came across some apparent grief on the survival server. He typed into the chat what he saw and did, so that an admin can find coordinates and stuff. The time when he came across it is between 18:00 and 18:15 Pacific Time on July 29.

Some storage boxes in a wood and glass structure were broken open, and items strewn about; General_Ray tried to build replacement boxes to save items, but wasn't able to get all of them. Then he left.

I admire his efforts, but without cords it means nothing to me. Maybe I'll add a ticket making system to the bungee where you can report cords, server, world, and a short description.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:28:21 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

I admire his efforts, but without cords it means nothing to me. Maybe I'll add a ticket making system to the bungee where you can report cords, server, world, and a short description.

Ah, I see. His assumption was that if you knew the time and name of player, you could track their location and get coords that way. I'll ask if he could find the house again, and report the location.

EDIT: Looks like V3exex just got stuck in a hole or something in the lobby world, probably, and didn't think to try to warp somewhere, or the menu wasn't working at the time or something. He's good now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:38:48 am by Scourge of Ages »

It may be dank, dark, and musty, but there's no place like dome:

(it's completely underwater; it took forever to drain.)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
If it's a server side Forge mod... It's a LOT more stable these days. You can have a Forge server if you'd like, but it'll have to be a reset map, and it will require pack hosting. And to not be edited often. The most modern version of Forge with ok support is Forge 1403 for 1.7.10. That'll let me run Cauldron and keep you linked with the bungee while still being compatible with almost everything.

Looks like I was thinking of this one here. According to the description it's a server-side mod.

I don't really want you to go through the trouble of making a clone just for the villager debugging, especially since it'll probably end up being a one-time use thing. Since the breeder is pretty small, I can just manually copy it over to a SSP and debug it offline. I've done similar things with various other machinations. :)

While I'm thinking about it, I don't exactly remember if villagers need food to stay alive in 1.8. I know they need food to breed, though.

In other news: General_Ray came across some apparent grief on the survival server. He typed into the chat what he saw and did, so that an admin can find coordinates and stuff.

Ray's the one who built that pyramid near spawn, right? If he's still hanging around there then it could be that big glass house just North of it. I can't recall of any other major "glass and wood" structures near the rail system.

And yes, a system to report griefing would be good. :D

It may be dank, dark, and musty, but there's no place like dome:

[snip]

(it's completely underwater; it took forever to drain.)

Nice! how'd the draining process go? I've done a bit of water works on the nether rail going out towards Mongoose's and JC's place. One of the first new stations warps into an ocean cave. I went low-tech (instead of using a sweet piston contraption I made on my SSP lab) and used ladders to keep the ocean from spilling into the cave, and then manually worked on the station structure starting from the ocean floor. It was a fun couple of days. :)

Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Ray's the one who built that pyramid near spawn, right? If he's still hanging around there then it could be that big glass house just North of it. I can't recall of any other major "glass and wood" structures near the rail system.
And yes, a system to report griefing would be good. :D

Yeah, that's his pyramid. The glass tower is also his, actually. And he found the griefing on the survival server, and when I asked him, he said he probably wouldn't be able to find it again. Hopefully, when whoever's house it was finds stuff amiss, you'll have coords and a rough time frame.

Nice! how'd the draining process go? I've done a bit of water works on the nether rail going out towards Mongoose's and JC's place. One of the first new stations warps into an ocean cave. I went low-tech (instead of using a sweet piston contraption I made on my SSP lab) and used ladders to keep the ocean from spilling into the cave, and then manually worked on the station structure starting from the ocean floor. It was a fun couple of days. :)

I made a grid pattern with pillars of sand or gravel, with ladders on all four sides. Dig out the bottom block of the pillars, and all the ladders fall off; It's the most efficient method I've found so far.

(black squares are sand/gravel, Xs are ladders, Os are towers or reeds or more gravel, just to fill the spots)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Pity we don't have water temples on the map.  Sponge blocks make water removal sooooo much more convenient.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Wait, Reese's survival server or the Hardlight server (which is survival)?
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Wait, Reese's survival server or the Hardlight server (which is survival)?

On Reese's server, there is a world labeled "Survival" and one labeled "Hardlight". I'm still on Hardlight, Ray's sandstone pyramid and glass tower are there too. But he's moved to the "Survival" world now, and built a new cobblestone pyramid. That's also the world he saw the griefing in.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ahhhh, ok. Bummer, I haven't explored around there enough, even though I did set up a base of ops there.
chief1983

------------

General_Ray found the griefed house again, and got coords:

-216, 75, 1134

I even hiked out and saw the place myself. Nice looking house, some damage it looked like, and no loot.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I fixed the villager breeder!

Sorta

Need to breed up 2 brown shirts for use inside the chamber, The only brownshirts I have in there have aprons, and don't seem to be interested in farming at all. But then again, I haven't been watching them long enough to see whats happening. I could perhaps try leaving some farmland empty and see if one of them will try to replant.

As an unexpected bonus for upgrading the breeder, you can now trade with villagers inside of the breeding chamber. I placed an iron door there so I could get in there without letting the suckers wander off. Since it's working so well, I'll likely keep it there for other folks to use.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:25:59 am by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
General_Ray found the griefed house again, and got coords:

-216, 75, 1134

I even hiked out and saw the place myself. Nice looking house, some damage it looked like, and no loot.

Simply damaged too long ago to get a read, which puts it over 60 days.

Simply damaged too long ago to get a read, which puts it over 60 days.

Well, hopefully whoever owns it won't care too much about the damage. Nothing to do for it.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Hey, been out of this for a while...what's the server address now?

Edit: Never mind, found it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:43:36 pm by Venicius »

Oooh, smexy.

Nice and shiny. It's like they put wax on everything.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just realized that I never edited the OP with the new server info, which is a real PITA when I'm trying to find it myself.  It's up there now, plus I cleared out a whole bunch of old irrelevant info to make things easier to read.  Always nice to see that my eternally-unfinished island hasn't been touched despite my not being on in months.  I'm on a big Terraria kick right now, so maybe that'll wind up spilling over into MC too.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Gah, could I get some moderator help here? A bigass mob of zombie pigmen accumulated by the spawn station Nether portal. I tried thinning out some of the buggers that had spawned in the OW, but it looks like one of them got pushed into the portal and made everyone on the other side hostile to me.
chief1983

------------

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Do I need whitelisting or anything?  I just joined but under a new ID as TankerHeaddie and I cant even use the server select or the help document :(
Running 1.8.8
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Gah, could I get some moderator help here? A bigass mob of zombie pigmen accumulated by the spawn station Nether portal. I tried thinning out some of the buggers that had spawned in the OW, but it looks like one of them got pushed into the portal and made everyone on the other side hostile to me.

Cleared on both sides of the gate.

If the are still hostile to you in the nether after a 100-radius clear, you're screwed.

Do I need whitelisting or anything?  I just joined but under a new ID as TankerHeaddie and I cant even use the server select or the help document :(
Running 1.8.8

Right-click air. Not the ground. Generally, just look up.

Yes I know, annoying.