Author Topic: Can FS2SCP be ported to the 360? PS3?  (Read 10823 times)

Offline neoterran

Re: Can FS2SCP be ported to the 360? PS3?
Oh man, i know how i can get away with this. It's just that the logitech programming software sucks a tons of dick while licking your balls-->it ****s with your games and created some problems for me, but if i wanted to do that, i could. That'd let me map the afterburners to holding down on the secondary joystick (you can roll your fighter while holding burners, it's quite nice). I don't do this anymore because of logitech program software suckiness. I miss xbcd, i tried for ****s and giggles with xbcd to see if it would let me select my logitech pad in there, and it doesn't. Logitech software blows, but then they're hardware is pretty sturdy and reliable, good thing windows is an alternative for plug and play with gamepads and fs2 to do basic programming. Unfortunately saitek doesn't make a good wireless gamepad, and about the only good programming software released by a vendor that was awesome was the gravis stuff, and that didn't require to be run as an active program to take advantage of the programming your pad while your game is on.

But, anyway, all of this dual function stuff can be taken care of with the logitech gamepad profiler if you have a logitech pad, and the same thing if you have a saitek with the saitek profiler.
I am not a fan of programming software for joysticks and gamepads these days. xbcd was awesome for the 360 controller, it let you switch around axes and stuff and oh god that was handy, also xbcd did not require to be run as an active program for modifying the ****ing features of the controller. After that gravis software as overly unnecessarily pretty it was very handy and didn't cause problems, and also didn't need the program to sit in memory while you play your game with the new mappings you have. I just really don't like **** that has to sit in memory when it doesn't have to. The last time i had logitech profiler installed fs2 thought i had the saitek p990 as the default controller when in fact it was letting me use the logitech wireless. Then i went back into fso launcher and selected logitech, and then the logitech wouldn't work unless i had saitek p990 selected. I hate stupid profilers :lol:

paragraphs are your friends
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline CaptJosh

Not an unfair comparison either. The graphics for DOS games were still crap then.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

PS the drivers for 360 controllers in Windows suck ass.  The 360 controller would be a good replacement for my dying PS2 controller if I didn't have to use profiling software just to configure the ****ing thing.  That's right, the drivers from dodgey Korean PS2-USB converter are more flexible and feature-complete than those from Microsoft for a Microsoft product they sell for use with Windows.  :rolleyes:

While you can play FS2 just fine with a gamepad, you still need the keyboard for comms etc.

Offline neoterran

you guys are forgetting about voice control.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Pnakotus never learned about the xbcd360 driver which lets you use the x360 pad in other versions of windows. Plz, if the manufacturers driver sucks, see if they're an alternative driver that doesn't suck. Sometimes you'll come out lucky. Anyway pnakotus just think how great i felt when i had my first x360 controller with win2k. I was **** out of luck, then i found xbcd drivers for the xbox original controller, then i found modified xbcd drivers that supported the x360 controller. After that you'd be amazed at how useful the xbcd360 drivers are.

Pnakotus to get that native x360 controller working in most versions of windows and with i'm not joking about complete domination of the controller here go here. They say the driver is experimental, but they've had some updates since then, and really the driver works flawlessly with no bugs that i experienced...this is the same driver i used.
http://matt-land.com/xbcd/

Pnakotus, if you need more support for the xbcd360 driver, especially if you have a third party x360 controller that isn't supported by the driver in the first link, go here.
http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/index.html

Now plz no more *****ing about how much the windows 360 driver sucks, because it blows ass. All this does is surprise the hell out of me that people don't know about xbcd360 drivers. After that the x360 controller is so much better than a ps2 pad. It's great for fs2, and i really hope you didn't get rid of the x360 controller because you tried the windows driver and it sucked and you didn't look for an alternative.
Ps2esque pads blow.
Plz try out the xbcd360 driver.
Also keep in mind most profiling software blows. Xbcd360 drivers don't come with a button mapper, but it lets you change all aspects of the controller. If you want a button to be an axis, an axis to be a button, or the analog triggers to be independent axes, or turn the dpad into a joystick, you can do all this ****ing ridiculous stuff like that with the xbcd360 drivers. It might sound ridiculous the way i just made it sound, but it gets useful if you for stuff like changing the aspects of the secondary joystick and what not and whatever else you can think of. After that leave mapping to the game, stuff like controlmk is a useful mapper but you might easily find out where controlmk (controlmk blows absolute ass for mapping buttons to an axis) sucks. Anyway you have fun with the "best controller in the world" as the second website i linked says it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:20:32 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Why would someone like a console?  Well... on a properly made console you have two things going for you:

1.) Smooth framerate.  It stands to reason that 90% of games--certainly well made ones--are made FOR that console and will run smoothly.

2.) They don't crash.  Or they shouldn't, rather.  Unfortunately, they sometimes do.

*shrugs*

Meh.

1) FS2Open is not made for console. The most we could do is hardcode it for some detail settings and include media that fit some idea of it being the 'best' quality:speed tradeoff.
2) FS2Open is not going to be made more reliable by moving it to console, since most of the bugs are within Fs2Open.
-C