Author Topic: BETA/RELEASE: Bringing the maximum out of the game  (Read 35232 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: BETA/RELEASE: Bringing the maximum out of the game
Interesting, will check it tonight.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Finally, something with more dreadful framerates than the asteriod field on the first mission of Transcend. :P

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Eh, its just a bunch of capships dumped into one mission
I saw an Orion going backwards at a speed of 70 because it got bumped by a warping in typhon.

Sorry but why is this highlighted again?  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
needs moar ships.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Dayum

Offline Cyker

Woo! Laser Disco Lightshow of Death! :D \o/

I'm really glad with the comments and attention so far; I really appreciate it! I'm always enjoying to try to get the most out of moddable games. From here, I'm hoping to further continue other projects, also within FS2 -- I'm weighing in if i should limit myself in terms of (immediate) numbers of ships during a mission, and fully focuse on storyline -- multiple things happening at once outside, or inside, a player's jurisdiction/power. That sort of thing is going to take very long to develop though.. Makes me wonder if working in a larger team would be better for that. ^^

Eh, its just a bunch of capships dumped into one mission
I saw an Orion going backwards at a speed of 70 because it got bumped by a warping in typhon.

Sorry but why is this highlighted again?  :p

I have to disagree a bit, but of course i'm a bit biased -- but if you take a closer look, i've put a lot of work in balancing, ship movements, ship arrivals and so on. ^^

At any rate, you can download the mission file, upgrade it, improve it, where you wish! Don't want it to stay imperfect of course. =)

I like all feedback, but make sure to be constructive as well. That helps a lot for improving myself and hopefully become a more valuable member in the future as well.

Thanks so far, and thanks in advance for further comments, feedback and support!

- JC
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

trying to DL, doesn't work. Just DLs some junk images.jpg file!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Weirdly, I think you just need to change the file extension to .fs2.

See if it works then.

I've uploaded the mission files straight from the Mission folder, and downloaded, checked it out, and the files are correct, so make sure to follow General Battuta's advice on file extensions. Good luck!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The problem is that the download site gives you files named "images.jpg";  they're the files we want, but they've been renamed "images.jpg" for some stupid reason.

Edit: Oops. Already been said. Well maybe someone will benefit from my rephrasing it?

Alright, now i see a bit. Switched file hosts, updated first post, and doublechecked. Files are ready for download. Apologies for any troubles!

-----------------

- George Orwell

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I apologize because I'm going to be harsh. I didn't like these missions one bit. Sure, this works if you just intend to throw in ships nearly randomly. But this method lacks any depth and design that would actually make a mission interesting and worth playing. Certainly, this pushes the engine to its limits but what's the point if end-result is far too unpredictable to make a real, coherent and designed mission out of it? Does outrageous number of ships turn a bad mission into a good mission? I don't personally think so, but looking at the comments apparently some here do.

You can create missions that push the engine to its limits but without actually breaking any of the limits. Such missions are hard to design, but they also work as real missions as fredder has full control over it. Unlike what happens when limits are broken and weird **** happens.

Like I said, I apologize but these did not impress me.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I see this as more of a tech demo than a playable mission, TBH.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
@Fury : You're definitely right for the second mission, but the first was much better IMHO. Not perfect, but it definitely looked like what a real BoE in the FS universe would look like.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Definitely can't play this on 256mb gfx :P

All the Hell Gate mission really needs is -bloom_intensity 150, and some disco music. http://i45.tinypic.com/2s8iosl.png  :pimp:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:16:58 am by Waistless »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I saw the first one several times, and I still find it fun to watch. ;)

The second one isn't too bad. At least it didn't crash the game this time round.

I apologize because I'm going to be harsh.

More like constructive. BlackDove's take on an ST:R trailer is harsher than this. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I apologize because I'm going to be harsh. I didn't like these missions one bit. Sure, this works if you just intend to throw in ships nearly randomly. But this method lacks any depth and design that would actually make a mission interesting and worth playing. Certainly, this pushes the engine to its limits but what's the point if end-result is far too unpredictable to make a real, coherent and designed mission out of it? Does outrageous number of ships turn a bad mission into a good mission? I don't personally think so, but looking at the comments apparently some here do.

You can create missions that push the engine to its limits but without actually breaking any of the limits. Such missions are hard to design, but they also work as real missions as fredder has full control over it. Unlike what happens when limits are broken and weird **** happens.

Like I said, I apologize but these did not impress me.
Well, to be fair dude, pushing the limits of the engine and making some damn good eye candy was more or less the purpose of the mission, rather than to engage the player in the mission. In that respect, in my opinion, it kicked ass. :D

The first one wasn't too bad :p
Second just just feels a bit like some ctrl-spam-clicking
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Kolgena

Second video, near 6:15, where the camera's pointed at the Sathanas:

Are those pieces of of debris supposed to be flashing white? Looks like some form of artifacting. The problem gets worse later on too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:07:57 am by Kolgena »