General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Feature wishlist for multiplayer

<< < (2/9) > >>

karajorma:
Might not be as impossible as it sounds actually.

I'm not promising anything (or even trying to get people's hopes up) but I know Taylor's revamp of the pilot code will have an effect on how multiplayer pilots work. So it might be possible that the roadblocks to making that work have been removed or reduced.

I'll probably look into it at some point.

FUBAR-BDHR:
Yea I still have a feeling it will be difficult.  First where do you continue if you have 8 people?  The host's place?  The person with the least completed levels?  Also there is the restarting.  Does restarting mean that you can't continue if you join a game that's past where you are now?  What if the campaign has been updated or expanded since you played it last?  What about branching/looping? 

karajorma:
Probably. Just saying that possibilities are opened now that weren't there before.

kir2yar:

--- Quote from: FUBAR-BDHR on May 28, 2010, 12:32:35 am ---Yea I still have a feeling it will be difficult.  First where do you continue if you have 8 people?  The host's place?  The person with the least completed levels?  Also there is the restarting.  Does restarting mean that you can't continue if you join a game that's past where you are now?  What if the campaign has been updated or expanded since you played it last?  What about branching/looping? 

--- End quote ---

Maybe this should store the state of the campaign in a separate file on the host?

chief1983:
It should probably be independent of actual identifying traits of the other players, so that anyone could pick up an open slot during the course of the campaign, not just the original players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version