FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

[Re-release] Rain On Ribos IV (Omnibus version 1.1.1)

<< < (2/3) > >>

0rph3u5:
I've been asked to seperately publish the loading screen texts from RoR (called internally "Proverbs"), like I did with the other MoGW-campaigns. Because they not a a cohesive story but just fragments for world building, I didn't think of it before:

Spoiler:NOTE #1: Mission 14 is missing because the original Mission 14 was cut without replacement from the Omnibus-release.
NOTE #2: The line breaks are not represented ingame due to limitations of the Loading Screeen Script.

Mission 1:
Ribos is all broken promises buried under miles of military supply chains. Do not come here.
- From a censored letter to home

Mission 2:
A subspace node is the closest thing in space to a hill to die on.
- From a censored letter to home

Mission 3:
SHIVAN CRUISER CAPTURED! - Terran forces triumph over Shivan menace!
- official GTA news bulletin

Mission 4:
The first pilot to die on any mission is the one sticking to The Plan.
- GTA Pilot's Manual

Mission 5
The only thing that makes Vasuda Prime different from Earth is that all of Earth's problems are man-made.
- A joke among Terran diplomats

Mission 6
The Shivans attack indiscriminately. If they possess any concept of the Rules of Engagement, we do not feature in it.
- Note by an analyst   

Mission 7:
The Shivans are moving supplies from one location to another. It suffices for the definition of a supply chain.
- Note by an analyst

Mission 8:
Sending a signal into Subspace is not hard. Receiving it at its intended destination is the problem.
- Note by a scientist

Mission 9:
Always aim like you will never get another shot.
- Motto for GTA Marine Snipers

Mission 10
Everyone pays the price for loyalty. Who they are receiving it from is most important.
- Empress Khab VI. (1271-1292 CE)

Mission 11
Shivan ships do not have subspace drives, Shivan-made subspace drives have ships.
- Note by a scientist

Mission 12:
Our Imperium has always risen and declined by the quality of its defenders.
- Emperor Dvsu IX. (2287-2321 CE)

Mission 13:
Do the Shivans acknowledge our presence at all? Or do they just brush us aside without any thought?
- Note by a scientist

Mission 15:
Nothing can come from Subspace. But what if the Shivans made their home there?
- Note by a scientist

Mission 16:
The more energy is spent on fortifications, the more spectacular are their inevitable fall.
- Empress Qmrou XII. (1537-1541 CE)

Mission 17a:
The promise of mercy is the hollowest assurance. It is made truth or lie long before it is ever given.
- Nautarch Khavmre-nugur-Vek (93-27 BCE)

Mission 17b:
The weight of wrath is that of the world you leave behind for its pursuit.
- Meditations in Sin'tce, 3rd Book, Aphorism 196

Epilogue:
I have been an agnostic for 32 years. But when I saw that ... ship destroy Tombaugh Station, I experienced for the first time what it must be like to fear a vengeful god.
- a Tombaugh survivor

Memories of the Great War will return...

AdDur:
...will Vega finally burn?

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: AdDur on January 12, 2024, 08:28:02 am ---...will Vega finally burn?

--- End quote ---

Not in 2024, I am afraid. After this year, who knows? ;)

AdDur:
Something else cooking up for 2024? ;)

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: AdDur on January 12, 2024, 06:25:44 pm ---Something else cooking up for 2024? ;)

--- End quote ---

Not for public consumption, no. Thanks to my work at a major video game publisher I am a very busy person most of these days :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version