Author Topic: Could one of you kind fellows answer a question...  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Could one of you kind fellows answer a question...
I'm working on something for the T-V war mod and I've run into a problem.  Here is my question:

What exactly triggers the AI to fire missiles?  I want to know all the conditions that need to be satisfied - no matter how insignificant.

If I don't get the answer I'm looking for I can post more information - but I'd rather make it a surprise. :) The closest analogy I can think of is the Fury/Tempest.  While Alpha 1 can saunter up to an enemy ship and riddle it with Tempests, it seems that the AI just approaches the ship, fires a Tempest or two, then retreats and starts all over again.  What conditions need to be met so that the AI sprays the enemy full of Tempests on each pass?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 04:45:18 pm by 561 »

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
keep in mind the AI is set to

a) not kill the player in a matter of seconds (as would happen if the AI was to spray tempests)
b) keep a long, lasting firefight, but minimizing the damage inflicted to other ships, giving the player a chance to kill
c) consistantly miscalculate runs, and never adapt to situations... because the AI are just a bunch of algorithms

so to "firespray" a target with missiles, some brand new AI scripts would have to be written
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Started a new thread, since this one didn't go anywhere. :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,11558.0.html