Author Topic: Compile error  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I swear I tried to use Mantis, but the link isn't right and I forgot where it is.

Anyway, when I tried to compile FS2_open
Code: [Select]
./globalincs/pstypes.h:479: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘__extension__’
./globalincs/pstypes.h:480: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘__extension__’
make[1]: *** [ai.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jsampson/fs2_open/code'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I tried fixing it myself, but to be honest, it's all greek to me.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Bah, I should have tested that better.  Just one of those stupid mistakes. :)

Edit code/windows_stubs/config.h, around line 198, and remove the "__extension__" part.

I'll get it fixed in CVS as soon as I can.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Ugh... sorry about my utter incompetince w/ C / C++, but, after fixing the last one

Code: [Select]
parse/parselo.cpp: In function ‘int get_string_or_variable(char*)’:
parse/parselo.cpp:2491: warning: unused variable ‘sexp_variable_index’
parse/parselo.cpp: In function ‘int stuff_loadout_quantity(int*, int, int)’:
parse/parselo.cpp:2607: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void stuff_string(char*, int, int, char*)’
if g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"fs2_open\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"fs2_open\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.6.9\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"fs2_open\ 3.6.9\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DNO_CD_CHECK=1 -DNDEBUG=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DSCP_UNIX=1 -DNO_DIRECT3D=1 -DUSE_OPENAL=1  -I. -I.    -g -Os -Wall -funroll-loops -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wno-unknown-pragmas  -Wno-deprecated -Wno-char-subscripts -I../lua  -MT scripting.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/scripting.Tpo" -c -o scripting.o `test -f 'parse/scripting.cpp' || echo './'`parse/scripting.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/scripting.Tpo" ".deps/scripting.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/scripting.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
parse/scripting.cpp: In member function ‘bool script_state::ParseCondition(char*)’:
./parse/parselo.h:519: error: too few arguments to function ‘void stuff_string(char*, int, int, char*)’
parse/scripting.cpp:759: error: at this point in file
make[1]: *** [scripting.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jsampson/fs2_open/code'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Should be fixed now.  And I did a full test build just to make sure that there weren't any other errors (and there were).  Grab an update and you should be ok.

But unless you really want the bleeding edge I would suggest just using the stable branch from CVS (what 3.6.9 will be based on).  That's what I use and make my changes based on these days.  It has fewer problems and is getting the majority of bug fixing attention.  You can get the stable branch instead by just doing "cvs up -C -r fs2_open_3_6_9" from within your current checkout.  All of the unstable files will be replaced with what is in the stable branch.  After that your local checkout will be tagged as the stable branch so you can just do a plain "cvs up" to stay current with the stable code.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Didn't even no about the stable branch  (Sheepish)

Thanks Taylor

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
But unless you really want the bleeding edge I would suggest just using the stable branch from CVS (what 3.6.9 will be based on).  That's what I use and make my changes based on these days.  It has fewer problems and is getting the majority of bug fixing attention.  You can get the stable branch instead by just doing "cvs up -C -r fs2_open_3_6_9" from within your current checkout.  All of the unstable files will be replaced with what is in the stable branch.  After that your local checkout will be tagged as the stable branch so you can just do a plain "cvs up" to stay current with the stable code.

On that note, I'm worried that the branches may be getting too divergent.  Do we know for sure that all the fixes for 3.6.9 have gone into main?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
On that note, I'm worried that the branches may be getting too divergent.  Do we know for sure that all the fixes for 3.6.9 have gone into main?
I just recently had gone back over ones that I had missed previously and added them to the main branch.  I did forget one obviously, since the sound fix is in 3_6_9 but not in HEAD (and it's a Linux only issue, Windows and OSX don't have the sound problem).  But as far as I know there isn't that much difference between the code in the branches now.  The biggest differences are just the stuff that was added to HEAD only, not so much things that are in 3_6_9 and missing from HEAD.