Author Topic: ships stop appearing when disbaled during warp-in  (Read 1778 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
ships stop appearing when disbaled during warp-in
Is there a mantis issue for this? - if yes I cannot find it

build is: fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe
Mission is "Boomerang" Mission 3
Situation is that through an wierd conincidence the envent disabling the GTD Blair was tiggered while the Blair was warping in.....
Result is -> the attched picture

Dunno if turrets or collision detection are still working but there are only 5 percent (maximum) of the ship present (=mapped)!!

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: ships stop appearing when disbaled during warp-in
Nice bug.  I haven't seen it in Mantis.  You probably should put it there. 

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
How'd it get disabled so quick? :eek2:
The picture itself is a good laugh.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
How'd it get disabled so quick?

it was event tiggered....
Spoiler:
the Blair would not warp-in until all sentires in the mission had been destroyed and the destruction of the comm node causes the engines on the Blair to blow - both happened nearly simulatiously (I was to lazy to blow up the sentries)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CaptJosh

I saw this while playing Transcend. It was only a fighter in that case. I ended up getting behind the fighter and pushing it until it came out of where the subspace effect had been and was whole. There needs to be something where a ship can't be disabled while exiting subspace, maybe an additional sexp with an "exited subspace delay" or something like that.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well even if it's disabled there should be enough forward momentum to clear the warp effect.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline CaptJosh

Could be a FRED problem then?
CaptJosh

Offline CaptJosh

Normally I don't double post, however, I just remembered it wasn't Transcend that showed that error with one of my squad mates, it was Sync.
CaptJosh