Author Topic: Supernova in FSSCP  (Read 1779 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've got two questions about the supernova-effect - (Lets leave the physical side of this aside)

1 - Why does the supernova-effect does not affect any object but the player ships? Or am I just unable to see it?

2 - Is is possible to add sexp that cancels the supernova-effect? (for cutscences and the like)

3 - Is there a way to influence the factor which increases the size of the sun?

4 - Are there known issues in conjuction with the "add-sun"- and/or the "remove-sun"-sexp?

5 - Is there a way to modify the text that comes with the counter? (eg into "Shockwave Warning")
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:36:51 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
1) It's only designed to affect the player ship.
2) No.
3) No.
4) No.
5) No.

The supernova is a highly specialized effect; any modifications would require some code rework.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You could probably remake it manually (with scripting) more easily than that, but I do think some improvements (optional args or whatever) might be in order at some point.