Author Topic: set-camera-host - Need coder's opinion  (Read 2325 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
set-camera-host - Need coder's opinion
Please read this

I need a coder's opinion on the questions raised in the first post
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: set-camera-host - Need coder's opinion
Why are you running RC2?
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline 0rph3u5

'cause it works ;)

....except here

what build would I need then?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Tomo

Well, RC3 presumably, as that's closer to the real, final 3.6.10 release than RC2.

(Though it seems to have gone a bit quiet - is there going to be an RC4, or is RC3 going straight to release?)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
They're quite close to a 3.6.10 release but work is also charging ahead on 3.6.11.

Offline 0rph3u5

to play "The Apocalypse: Vega" I've got myself this nightly build: "fs2_open_3_6_11r-20090713_r5434.exe"

does still not work as advertised.... using set-camera-host still give you just the perspective from the center of the model but thats it (eg. but not from the center of the weapons subsystem)

==================

Offline Skullar

Can you send me the fs2 file you are messing with ? I want to see what you are doing, and wanna give it a try myself :)

Offline 0rph3u5

I've added new pictures to the original threat that display the camera view-point plus the sexps needed to create them...

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

As far as I can see nothing is there to do to resolve this problem but to put it into Mantis...
I've checked and found no corresponding issue so I'll make one (with screens and missions and all)

EDIT - Done; Mantis Issue #0001971
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:21:10 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================