Author Topic: AoA Harder - A fury AI mod for Age of Aquarius  (Read 1948 times)

AoA Harder - A fury AI mod for Age of Aquarius
Do you miss the difficulty from OG AoA? Have you been complaining to the BP team that AoA has been piss easy since DC release? Then you might want to try this out!
This mod replaces the retail AI used in AoA with custom classes tailored for each Shivan ship, with their strengths and weaknesses instead of a simple crappy->super OP scale. To compensate your wingmen have been given WiH classes so they stand a chance against the furious maras and super evil(but inaccurate) dragons.
Some missions have been slightly tweaked to preserve sanity.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ia4thbp8alrfdj/AOA+HARDER.vp

Just stick this sucker in your "bpcomplete" folder and have fun. When you have decided that my mod is **** and you don't want it anymore just delete the .vp and sanity will be restored.

Note: I am not part of the BP team and this mod is in no way an official release. Any problems regarding balance, lack of fun, gamebreaking bugs that will set your computer on fire, or nightmares caused by Nahemastorms while using this mod are purely my fault. If you find a problem please tell me about it, I have tested this but I can only test for my skill level and there's only so much I can find alone. This should not alter FSBlue or War In Heaven so you don't have to worry about potential breakage.
If you really want a challenge from this crank the difficulty all the way up to insane.

"The Dragon Awakens" has been toned down a bit since it was the very first combat mission but if you really want a challenge you can find a full-difficulty version in the techroom.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: AoA Harder - A fury AI mod for Age of Aquarius
So what's UT1 like now :D

Re: AoA Harder - A fury AI mod for Age of Aquarius
Pretty fun. The maras and dragons will come at you with murderous fury but your wingmen are much more effective(since I gave them BP2-Colonel or Major to make that mission sane) at stopping waves of bombers.
If it's still too hard I might give the warships WiH classes too, but it should be around the same difficulty as the release version(at least it was for me, it depends on playstyle), just less Alpha1-ish.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded