Author Topic: BioShock Demo now on LIVE  (Read 18190 times)

BioShock Demo now on LIVE
Yeah, thats right. Go. Download. NOW

Holy sweet freaking monkey Jesus, is this game good. It's creepy, beautiful, scary.. Everything I hoped it would be. IF there is one complaint about the demo is, you don't get to take on a Big Daddy. But, you'll get too soon enough in the full game. Believe the hype, folks. This ****s for real.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Re: BioShock Demo now on LIVE
Where's the PC love?  come on guys, release a demo for those of us who don't have a 360!!!

EDIT: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html  the first page explains why its not out yet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:42:11 pm by Thor »
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Huh, well that's actually a pretty good reason. Now I'm not mad anymore.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, at least they're taking the time to optimize it. This game looks very promising, but I don't want to see yet another bloatware graphics engine, like pretty much everything else that has come out in the last year or two.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Hmm well just hopes it works well on my computer otherwise I might use this as an excuse to buy a 360

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
How is it compared to the System Shocks so far?

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
If anyone is curious, the release date for the PC edition should be on the 24th of August - in 10 days time from now. At least that's when GAME stores in the UK are set to get it (assuming the information is accurate).

Oh, found this info regarding the PC demo as well (the article was published today): http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/812/812733p1.html

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:26:55 am by Kalfireth »

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I'm just stopping by to say that BioShock is indeed TEH AWESOME. Best looking game yet, for sure. And crazy atmosphere.

Meh, I don't need no stinkin' demo.  I've had this baby preordered since January.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:(

My computer needs to be like twice as good to play this. :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:04:12 pm by thesizzler »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I wait a few weeks after release before buying any game these days, never mind preordering. I've seen too many disappointments lately. :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
My system is basically one step above the min requirements :( But I refuse to buy it for consoles (let alone even buy a 360), so I guess I'll have to make do :(

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
It's times like this that I curse my ****ty "can't-connect-to-the-360-for-some-stupid-reason" modem. :(

10/10 from GameInformer. Folks, this ****s for reals.

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
A couple of points about that though:

Firstly - where are the shadows on the models?:

http://gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/41497688-5BCB-4C0A-B952-A1B1440E2139/13098/BioshockTop1.jpg

Secondly - I've really started taking the opinions of games reviewers with more than a pinch of salt than ever. I can rely on them to tell me what I could do in a game - but I don't trust the opinion of whether it's any good or not. A case in point: I've seen far too many X Box 360 games with "Definitely a contender for game of the year, buy this now!! - Microsoft Magazine" and "It'll be some time before we see another game like this one - The Official X Box 360 Digest" etc. That is to say - of course a magazine written by Microsoft reviewing games on its own console system is going to rave about the ones it wants to sell well. Therefore can we really take that as the truth? Not necessarily.

That said - everyones been saying this is good, so I'm going to try it if nothing else!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I don't think there are any sites these days that can be termed trustworthy on their own. I go by a combination of Metacritic (which gives the average score of 30 or so other sites) and user opinions on forums.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:26:22 pm by CP5670 »

Kal, go watch some of the videos here. And if you have a 360, get your download on for the demo STAT.

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'll check out the videos but sadly I'm still waiting on the PC version - no XBox 360 for me! :(

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
August 24th AU release?! ****ing A!!

I wait a few weeks after release before buying any game these days, never mind preordering. I've seen too many disappointments lately. :p

99.99% of the time that's the approach I take.  This is a rather large exception for me.