Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47789 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
Originally posted by Hades
We have a station, the GTI Minotaur that came from the Inferno site ( It was from aldo's model dump, somebody finished it. I'm going to findout who, and put them in the credits. )

The weapons platform was made by Aldo converted by me and the Lycaon is one of our own models. Not sure which one your using.

Offline Solatar

I got the weapons platform. Lycoan looks to new to be Great War.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
What about Ryx's new destroyer, are we going to use that?  Also, this was proposed awhile ago, but we need some fighters, I think.  So what do we have to use for sure.  List it out, Terran and Vasudan.  The other thing is did you dump all the Shivan models from the ships table?  I just feel a little left out of all the fun, so give me something I can do.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

I think I'll leave the Shivan models in the table. If we need more space, they will be the first to go. Also, only the fs2 Shivans remain.

Not sure what you can do, once I get this up on the web, all our ( most anyway ) problems will be solved, and you can start "evaluating". And yes, I want to use Ryx' s new carrier.

Offline Solatar

Okay, I've put up a piece of crap forum we can use.
http://pub37.ezboard.com/bthediscussion
yes, the forum name is gay, but I did this at one o'clock last night.
I'll be the admin, MNEDiscuss6189246. Long name huh?

Offline Thor

Whoa, where way back on the second page.

Anyway, I made up a list of ships and stuff in a timeline format, based on Esh's, and have thought of better ways to organise the ships, and what ships we need.  I also fleshed out hte Unification War in a bit more detail, but accidentally changed some names, so I need to fix it before I e-mail it to you.  But here are my thoughts on the Terran ships

GTBc Sovereign:  Ryx's destroyer model, replaces the Leo name
GTCa Ark Royal:  RYx's Carrier model, replaces the Sagittarius name
GTCv Repulse:  Formally the GTC Ticonderoaga  IT's big enough to be called a corvette, especially in T-V war timeframe
GTCc Piranha:  Aldo's cruiser.  While cruiser sized, it would make a better cutter.
GTF Mustang Alpha:  A "new" fighter that started the use of Alpha Wing.
GTB Mustang Beta:  The bomber varient of the Mustang Alpha
GTF Hurricane:  A failed fighter designed, one that has several good features and one major flaw.
GTFr Ganeymeade (spelling?)  A super freighter, almost Bc size, for-runner of  the Triton Freigther, also requires a super sized container.
GTE Trailblazer:  In warzone, there was use of an explorer class vessel.  I took that idea and ran with it, making the first subspace capable vessel, Trailblazer.  Anyway, it can either be a new model, or, if we can get permition, use the Warzone model.  I tink it would be very cool if we could use that model, as it ties everything together.

I have more, I just can't rember them all.  What do you think?

Offline Solatar

Nice. I like it. I don't have all of Ryx's models though. I have the second carrier, the Laneus or something, but I've had it reskinned.

Offline Thor

I think I've found a little Vasudan scout fighter, that oddly enough looks quite similar to my mental picture of the Mustangs.  Weird.  Anyway, how do you like the names I listed?  I didn't put too much thought into them, and most where already there.  I do thin we should rename the GTCc Piranha.  We need some Vasudan ships as well.  * heads off to Peg's Concept page.

Offline Thor

All right, here is my list of thing that should be made, taken from the infamous concept site.

Vasudan
  • GVCa Semptu  - PVD Savior
  • GVD Meskhenet - GVD Thanatos
  • GVT Qeb
  • GVFr Hesat
  • GVFr Somtus - possibly another cruiser or corvette
  • GVF Chensit (Light Fighter)
  • GVF Harmau (Interceptor)
  • GVF Tuat (Scout)
  • GVF Hornet

Terran
  • GTF Enceladus (Heavy Fighter)
  • GTF Iaso (Scout)
  • GTF Recluse (Scout Fighter)
  • GTB Crius (Light Bomber)
  • GTB Inachus (Strike Bomber)
  • GTGM Bromios (The predecessor to the Zephyrus)
  • GTA Capacious (The pre-generation AWACS vessel - used for scouting during the early years of the T-V war.)
  • GTI Dionysus (The aging repair/resupply/construction facility)
  • GTD Aquila (Thunder's Flagship :) )

I'm done my fishing expedition.  These are what I liked and thought where apporiate.  here's the link to the site to see for your self.  
http://www.geocities.com/alpha_quadrant_project/

Hades, Could you give us a run down on what we have?

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by Thor
GTCa Ark Royal:  RYx's Carrier model, replaces the Sagittarius name

Thou have incured my wrath!  As I said earlier, you can change the names of just about anything, except the carrier.  I like, no, want the name Sagittarius, mainly because of another storyline.  The original GTCa Sagittarius plays an important role there, so I want the class name held.  The rest is malable.

Neat names, though you might want to change the Ganymede one, that's the name of an instillation in FS2.

For the bulk of the 14 Year War, I set it so the Terrans only ever had one destroyer, the Orions.  Thunder's destroyer is unnecessary.

The rest looks good.  Drop me a copy of that e-mail Thor, I'd love to see what you've done with the Unification War (so I can beat you senseless over it).
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thor

Well, let me give my reasons:

Sagittarius is a bad name for a ship class, mainly because it is used for wings of fighters and bombers.  I really think you should reconsider, but I won't push it.  (Ark Royal sounds more like a carrier than sagittarius)

Yeah, I forgot about it.  Oh well, I just thought that one up right then, so I'll rename.  How about GTFr Goliath

Thunder's wasn't for a destroyer, maybe a corvette or cruiser.  even a battlecruiser, but I don't know how that would work.

Well, I have to change the names to match what had written, but I'm keeping one, because I wanted a different name than Alliance (The GTA and GTVA are enough)  so If you don't mind, the Terran Alliance or Earth Allance (whatever it was) should be changed.  I came up with the UNE, United Nations of Earth.  But Again, I won't be to firm with it.  As for the Unification Wars, well, I flesh it out it greater detail, but I basically raided the history books, a :v: for that matter, and mixed in a bit of corrupt government, evil corporation and unhappy peasents, with the unapproving other governments.  I think I'll beat it some more though.

Hades, I think we need to find out where we stand.

And Esh, don't hit me to hard;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
GTGM Bromios (The predecessor to the Zephyrus)

*looks through old scene files*
knew I had it...

A made this a few months back when I was bored. I can try to complete it if you want it...

GTD Aquila (Thunder's Flagship :) )

If you want that one though you'll have to ask Thunder.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Am I the only one who thinks these lists are slightly long for a predeccessor to a war fought with 3 different types of capships.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Am I the only one who thinks these lists are slightly long for a predeccessor to a war fought with 3 different types of capships?
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Thor

Woo:  Yes, please do finish it.

BW:  hey, double post!  Well, how exciting is only a few capships.  I really noticed the lack of variety when I went to FS1 from FS2.  So I think there is a need for more.  in FS1, you didn't deal with much of a fleet ever, so you can explain that there weren't any assigned in the area.  Most of these will be retired by the end of the T-V War anyway, so as not to stretch that above excuse to much.  That's good/bad thing about working in this era, there isn't much to go on.  We try to please, and we won't make everything on that list, just suggestions on what is good.

and besides, would you want to play a mod with an apollo, a fenris and an Orion as your only terran ships?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Just remember that what you're doing is essentially creating history, so what you use should be compatible with that history. ie - nothing close to the size of the Orion (they were all gushy about the size and power of the Orion, as if it were a major leap forward), and nothing should really go outside of the classes they had in FS1, unless you give a good reason for the discontinuation of said class. And, in this type of campaign, I think I would be happy to see a low diversity of mods, inkeeping with the trend of FS history (as you yourself pointed out). Maybe not quite three ships for the Terrans, but you know what I mean. Remember, that as far as we can tell, the Terrans and Vasudans hadn't been in subspace all that long before the TV War.

Of course, you don't have to follow what I've said - just be careful, and don't go overboard.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Thor

will do.  We promise the first showing of the Orion will be a treat.  That battle cruiser and carrier are the nearest thing to them, and they're much smaller.  Basically, most of the ships have hit or are nearing their operational lifespan by the start of FS1, so they don't appear.  We won't go to crazy.  And for the record, the first intersystme subspace jump was in 2313.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Woo:  Yes, please do finish it.

Will do :)

I also just had a go at the GTI Dionysus

http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/inferno/screens/oldstation01.jpg

About 1100 polys (due to the pipes) Bit a clipping on the panels but otherwise it's ok. I'm currently mapping it.
If you guys don't snap it up, I'll release it to everyone :D

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Are you guys still interested in the Damocles?  I can kit it out as a battlecruiser or carrier, I'll just need a bit of time to finish the model.  Been busy with writing assignments.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Thor

Woo, Consider it snapped.  :D   good work.

Yes Shrike, we would still like it.  If you want to, do both a carrier and a battlecruiser.  If not, battlecruiser is preferred.

[luke skywalker voice] Damn it Hades, where are you?[/luke skywalker voice]