Author Topic: New Weapons  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hey all!
If any of you have been messing around with FRED2 with the mods on, you may have noticed a few new weapons. I intend to use them in the Vasudan campaign. What do you think of them?

The VLL was in Freespace as a non-player weapon.
The Railgun was originally going to be included, but left out. You can see its entry semicoloned out in the FS1 weapons.tbl. I just had to jack up its damage from 30 to 170 to make it usefull, though.
The Fang is a Vasudan twin dumbfire, which I think is pretty cool.
The Barracuda is a Vasudan light bomb, somewhere between the Trebuchet and the Tsunami.
The Havoc missile was inspired by Descent 3's Frag missile. Mmm, shrapnel.
And of course, there are the original FS1 weapons as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2002, 06:25:47 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Alikchi
Avenger!

:nod: :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Isn't the Havoc missile/bomb (whatever it is) mentioned somewhere in FS2? I seem to recall one of your new weapons being an improvement over the ' and Havoc missiles'. Was I dreaming, if not then you might want to keep this consistant.

Forget all that! I've just seen your Features section and you seems to have it all correct on thr Havoc.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 02:50:28 pm by 428 »
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The Piranha is described in FS2 as being a Third generation Cluster bomb, an improvement over the old Synaptic and Havoc bombs. Trouble is, we never see anything called the Havoc in either game, so I made it up. :cool:

I wish people would vote for the innovative weapons I made, see what they think. Oh well, I guess Volition did it better. :rolleyes:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Railguns:snipe:
Closely followed by the Avenger, it has a really cool sound effect.;7
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Grey Wolf

The ORIGINAL Prometheus! No bloody D, R, or S! BTW, did you include it in the new version? In the old version I had to go edit all the missions to include it.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
no, it's still out :(

You could just edit the Prometheus S file..change the damage to 20, and copy/paste the..uhh..way it looks..
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Grey Wolf

Already edited the old version and put it into a VP. Too lazy to download the new version.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
I voted for the Havoc. It always seemed to be doing the most damage to me in the first few missions.

Hmm, maybe that's a reason not to vote for it. :doubt: Ah well, it was cool.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
The Piranha is described in FS2 as being a Third generation Cluster bomb, an improvement over the old Synaptic and Havoc bombs. Trouble is, we never see anything called the Havoc in either game, so I made it up. :cool:

I wish people would vote for the innovative weapons I made, see what they think. Oh well, I guess Volition did it better. :rolleyes:

Thought there was the Synaptic and the Cluster (remember ST?)

Didn't hear about the Havoc, though I did like it alot. :nod:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Solatar

One thing that bother me. The Vasudan ships. Shouldn't they all be PV not GV? The TVWar Mod is in progress, and we have named all f the Vasudan ships PV, that is I think the ONLY ( That and the Prometheus naming issue, we call it the Prometheus, copyed it out of fs1) thing that makes my MOD non-compatibale with your campaign.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Ha ha! I've got you there! All the Vasudan ships in the campaign have alt-names that make them PV! Without changing the tables! MUAAA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
He's got you there, dude! Run, before he asks you for sexual favors!
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Solatar

Yes, they do. But wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just change the tables?

I think it would be, so in the T-V War conversion (Which by the way contains so far everything from fs1) we are going to use PV.

So what did you do about the Prometheus?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 12:35:06 pm by 691 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
If I had changed all the GV to PV, you would not have been able to play any mission for FS2. :rolleyes: This way you get the same result.

I substituted the Prom S for the Prometheus in every mission for the Port.

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
If I had changed all the GV to PV, you would not have been able to play any mission for FS2. :rolleyes: This way you get the same result.

I substituted the Prom S for the Prometheus in every mission for the Port.

When will that be able to be D/Led?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

Okay. The MOD I have uses nothing but fs1 ships, and weapons. I have included an exact copy of the Prmetheus, name the Prometheus S, and copies of the Vasudans with GV instead of PV. Now my MOD is compatable with yours. Also, I edited the graphics. Now my weapons actualy sound like the fs1 things, and they look like them also. Especially the s-breaker. Have you actually even seen the real one?

I got new Banshee sounds, the original Prometheus sound, and a few others.

Scaled down version. The FRED version will be available pretty soon. It uncludes basic files, and no music or cbanims. If my team wants to do some FREDing, I'll change the music later.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
what do you mean by twn Dumbfire? (haven't actually got to the full camp yet. buggy :sigh: )
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Azrael

• http://265thbdhr.com
the banshee (pre-kayser wep??) was awesome on the lucy mission awww memories...*goes to reinstall fs1 to smoke the evil of the uni*
Proud member of the 165th Beer Drinking Hellraisers and Xians pimp!!!

The home of the Drunks