Author Topic: Open world?  (Read 6130 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Hop over to the HLP discord, and you can find my name to PM on the SCP Dev roster on the right side  :)
https://discord.gg/FuYwPwuk

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Quick question, are you intending to take on all aspects of the mod by yourself? That is, ships, effects, level design, etc. ?

Initially. I'm not so sure anymore. That said, I've never gotten a good outcome from trying to start a team. I would love help but I don't bring much to the table to make it worth anyone's while. At least not with how little I know now. Asking for said help with nothing to offer is so intimidating to me.

My point with this was more, you really should accept more people on deck rather than try to tackle a megaproject on your own. Especially with the scope of what I suspect you're trying to go for, I seriously doubt a single person can pull it off, and this community is helpful and open so you shouldn't shy from asking for help. There's bound to be someone willing to give assistance.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Zarax

indeed, pulling off something like that usually is something very few modders manage...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Pulling off a fully realized open world with a lot of content and new art would take a big team. A bare bones proof of concept of the mechanics and code that leans on systems instead of content might not though.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."