Author Topic: MediaVPs 3.8 Discussion Thread  (Read 41611 times)

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: MediaVPs 3.8 Discussion Thread
IIRC you need a recent nightly (like this) for the latest MVPs release.

Thanks, that did indeed fix it.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Is there a list anywhere of which mods have been updated to be compatible with the new VPs, and have had any 'Double Hud Bug' or similar issues fixed? If not, we should probably start one.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

While doing that somebody should also keep in mind that not every mod has the most recent MVP version specified as dependency on Knossos.

INFN - had HUD issue, fixed by changing Knossos dependency (so no problem for now), team is informed.
BWO Demo - HUD issue, posted the info on the board.

Don't know about anything else.

While doing that somebody should also keep in mind that not every mod has the most recent MVP version specified as dependency on Knossos.

INFN - had HUD issue, fixed by changing Knossos dependency (so no problem for now), team is informed.
BWO Demo - HUD issue, posted the info on the board.

Don't know about anything else.

Exile has the dual hud bug too. Hopefully Nyc knows about it

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi there!

I have gone through every FS mod currently publicly available on Knossos. There were a few that had errors on start, so I cannot vouch for them until I get them fixed, but for now, at the time of writing, the mods I found with the 'Double Hud Bug' are;

BWO Demo
Exile: Into Dark Waters
Inferno Nostos

Which is less than I thought it would be tbh :-)

NB - I have not yet tried out the Wing Commander and BSG mods.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I have compiled a spreadsheet showing this, and which mods are using the new VPs, which are using the 3.6.12 / 3.7.2 / 2014 era MPVs, and even the holdouts that are still using the retail FS2 graphics. I have attached it here in case it is of use to anyone. I'll update it when I get the broken mods working, when new mods are added and when existing ones are updated.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The authors of those mods will need to update them. That's outside of the scope of FSU's role.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I know, I'll get onto that tomorrow - it's 'late O'Clock' here atm  ;) . I put it here for now for general interest. 

The Quiznos Knossos forum link for MediaVPs defaults to the 2014 thread instead of here.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Inferno Nostos
That's already been fixed.  If you still have the problem, delete the mod.json file from Inferno-1.0.0 and redownload.  Knossos will detect that all the other files are there and won't redownload them.
NB - I have not yet tried out the Wing Commander and BSG mods.
Considering they're TCs that don't use the MVPs, they won't have any problems.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately  m going to have to ask a very noob question. "Where can I find the 'mod.json file' I need to delete"?

And thanks for the heads up about WC and BSG. A few less things to have to worry about :-)

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Find the data folder you chose for Knossos (by default it's C:\Games\FreespaceOpen) and go to FS2\Inferno-1.0.0.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Worked like a charm, thank you  :)

Offline CT27

I decided to try this with the campaign "FS2 Blue."  I changed the mod.ini of that campaign from "MediaVPs_2014" to "MediaVPs_38X." 

So far I haven't found any gamebreaking errors.  However, I have a minor question:  was there a change in the Command Briefing picture with Bosch in it?  It now no longer says "Not blaming Axem".

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No change that I'm aware of. Check with MVPs 38X and not FSBlue. If it's the right anim there, then FSBlue may have done something.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Minor bug report:
-The SSG Rahu has turret03 and backb as LOD1 and LOD2; debris-backa00 and debris-backa01 would AFAIK have to be part of the debris LOD to work as live debris. Also I'm not sure whether all paths properly link to subsystem - in particular turret01 and 02 are named differently.

-I noticed that mv_assets_s-shp.tbm tries to add several missile turrets as primary turrets ($Default PBanks:   ( "Piranha#Shivan" )). Viewing the tbl entry, it appears that this bug was already carried over from retail. The turrets instead all contain various primary weapons. :confused:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:39:38 pm by Nightmare »

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
You beautiful bastards! you did it again! thanks a bunch!
 :v:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There appears to be a problem with the Leviathan model.  The table included is for the new one, but the VP file contains the older model that is just the re-textured Fenris model with the added armor panels.  The table references some other armor panels on the new model and the maneuvering thrusters.  Now I just checked the latest downloadable version of the terran assets vp file, and confirmed that the problem exists in that version.  Since I don't use Knossos, I can't confirm if its been fixed there or not.  If yes, than I'd advise someone to update the separate download.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

If yes, than I'd advise someone to update the separate download.

Even if you don't use the program, you can simply go to the Knossos website and redownload the file in question (assets_t).