Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 229741 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Official new people thread!
If you are Polish, do you have the Polish version of FS2? If so, we're actually trying to improve the Polish language support in FS2_Open. Could you take a look here please.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Chesht, jinkoya, naraje.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Hmm... I don't have an original FS 1 or 2  install disks (FS2 PL might be in one of my cousins hands), so i think only thing i can do is providing you with VP files (PL version, of FS1) or helping to translate something.
Still, i have to write, that in Polish version of FS1 some (or many) dialogues sound... well, bad at least. Some sound like Ivona (if you know what i mean).

Btw, from what i read here, i concluded, that HLP "purchased" copyright for FS games. Does that mean HLP will be able to distribute Freespace by Internet (download installation ISO for example)?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Btw, from what i read here, i concluded, that HLP "purchased" copyright for FS games. Does that mean HLP will be able to distribute Freespace by Internet (download installation ISO for example)?

That's not correct.  Interplay recently purchased all "residual rights" for Freespace, so they own the copyright.  HLP is not allowed to distribute retail Freespace installation media, instead we point people to Good Old Games to purchase Freespace/Freespace2.

I hope that clears this up  :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Hello guys, just registered here. Long time lurker and FreeSpace 2 and scifi fan.http://www.hard-light.net/forums/Smileys/HLP/smile.gif
What is an "old nazi plate"?

One puts food on it then goebbels it up.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hello guys, just registered here. Long time lurker and FreeSpace 2 and scifi fan.http://www.hard-light.net/forums/Smileys/HLP/smile.gif

:)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Welcome and have fun! :)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Jetcutter

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
New as can be, Am Ben, 48 year old bastid. Been playing games a couple  ~ of years.
Ohio, United States.
I need a change, and I hope this might be it. Albion owner, but not player. Hope to be impressed and learn enough about this to become a donator.

Well met.

Jet

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
New as can be, Am Ben, 48 year old bastid. Been playing games a couple  ~ of years.
Ohio, United States.
I need a change, and I hope this might be it. Albion owner, but not player. Hope to be impressed and learn enough about this to become a donator.

Well met.

Jet

I barely understand what you just wrote. But welcome anyway! :D Luckily, with the exception of the hosting costs for the site itself, FSO and HLP aren't donation driven - everything we do here is free for the use and enjoyment of the public at large. So, if you already have a copy of FS2 (or you cam here for one of our standalones like Diaspora, Wing Commander Saga or The Babylon Project) and a computer capable of playing it, you've already spent all the money you're going to ever have to for FSO.

Of course, if you were talking about donating to something else, then ignore me. :)

:welcome:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Billy Pilgrim

• Roguish post-apocalyptic charm.
Ey up! Billy Pilgrim here - a scruffy, disorganised 30something Brit. Good to see everyone, I haven't been lurking more than a few weeks but I've fallen in love with Freespace and with this community. Hope to be able to contribute further awesomeness!
Listen: Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Welcome to HLP Billy, another one that came for freespace and stayed for the awesomeness :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline hxazgalor

• Anything but Shivan
    • My Blog
Hello! Just only registered to this amazing community. My brother and I were introduced to Freespace 1 back when there was a demo version on Maximum PC. We never got the chance to buy a copy of the game, but we did get our hands on Freespace 2 and it BLEW OUR MINDS. Boasting a great story and awesome stellar combat, it remains one of our most favorite games of all time. :D

So big thank you to the HLPBB community for keeping this fantastic game alive! Woots~!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

BTW, if anyone is keen on starting up another mod or needs some ideas for some future FRED work, I might be able to help out. (Note the word is 'might'; I haven't found a way to balance my time between studies and gaming, but it'll come!) I don't really have any experience with the technical aspects, but I can provide help in terms of storytelling aspects. I don't have much to offer (many ideas could come from other games and stuff, so yeah) but I guess it's something. Haha.

Cheers and keep the good work going!
"Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how
The chaos in our lives could pass as sane"
~ Switchfoot, 'Stars'

Offline eldougie

:) Hi everyone
More or less have installed the basics.
Still having trouble in finding the link to download the Fate of the Galaxy Mod.
Can anyone paste me a link please?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Fate of the Galaxy hasn't released anything yet, but hopefully we'll get something sooner than later. :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:welcomesilver:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline jeonitsoc

HI EVERYBODY!
this forum is just what i was looking for! i hope to learn how to launch a multiplayer session with my room mates soon!

Offline Ultimateace

wow there are still some old fs2 peeps around.  :P 

Ultimateace  co-founder 101st Aces

Offline Xzun

Hi Everyone joining cause I should have long ago been playing Freespace and Freespace 2 since I inherited my parents old desktop pc, and found the demo for freespace sometime before 2010 loved it so much I now have my own copies of FS and FS2.  Anyways I have been regularly going to this website on a daily basis for the better part of 4 years (don't know why i never got around to getting an account  :nervous: )  and I must say YOU GUYS ROCK.  All of the work you guys do I have had so much fun with and I have never seen a gaming community this dedicated to any game ive played in a looooonnnng time.  I still play this game on a regular basis and ive played the Wing Commander,Diaspora, and Babylon 5 total conversions and I have waaayyy to many FS2 mods I enjoy to list. What you have done with this game engine is nothing short of amazing and the continued work you guys put into improving the ingame assets and adding new content and features I feel is nothing short of Incredible.  Shout outs to the SCP team FSU team and everyone else who has helped improve the look of the game or helped with improving the guts of the game itself .  I hope to be able to contribute in some form or fashion even if its just giving feedback and constructive criticism.  I will most likely play this game untill my laptop explodes or Internets collapse.  So in short: Hello Everyone  :D   

-Xzun     

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:welcome:

I hope you enjoy your stay :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

Hello. :)