Author Topic: It's Labor Day!  (Read 1455 times)

i can't be arsed to google but is labor day really a national holiday celebrating trade unionism in a country in which unions are hated and basically toothless? like is it some sort of cruel joke
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I was actually surprised US had something like that when I learned of it. In Poland we have a similar thing, but it's heavily associated with the commies. Indeed, the whole idea has a communist ring to it for anyone who lived in the Soviet Block, due to how much they exalted the working man and woman.

Garfield had something to say about the idea :):

i can't be arsed to google but is labor day really a national holiday celebrating trade unionism in a country in which unions are hated and basically toothless? like is it some sort of cruel joke
So, what you're saying is "I have no idea what's going on but here's some anti-American snark anyways."
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I believe it's actually celebrating WE DON'T HAVE TO WORK TODAY YAY! unless you work in like a restaurant or something :(

So, what you're saying is "I have no idea what's going on but here's some anti-American snark anyways."

i mean you're not saying i'm wrong
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline qwadtep

I'm pretty sure it dates back to the turn of the 20th century when unions were still a positive force and not themselves abusive businesses.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
i can't be arsed to google but is labor day really a national holiday celebrating trade unionism

No.

(It's about the concept of the worker, rather like Karl Marx is, rather than any particular working group or organization.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It is also a cruel joke.

(no I'm not bitter I had to work today, why do you ask)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Labor Day: that day when most people have off, but the people that don't get run twice as ragged because their place of employment is probably having a huge sale.