Author Topic: New motion debris  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Loomy

Hi!  Unfortunately the search doesn't work, but here's a quickie:

The "high quality" launcher setting disables the default motion debris.  But motion debris is a pretty cool thing, so I presume everybody is using a custom one.  But the media VP pack I got from the fs2_open site doesn't include any motion debris :(  So what's the deal with this, what are people using?

Danke!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The "new motion debris" are actually in the media VPs (mv_effects) but most of us disable them anyway.  No matter how clean and pretty they are, they are still much to thick in space for my liking no matter how they are represented.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Is there a way to change the motion debris to look like points of light (like distant stars)?  that way, when they are still, they look like any of the other stars in the background until you move, giving it that star trek moving stars look or the starfield screensaver in windows, you know what I mean?  the motion debris would only need to be 1 or 2 pixels thick this way, and wouldn't look ugly.   

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Yes, replace the motion debris animations with little points of light.
-C

Offline neoterran

I'm looking for the high poly motion debris... i'm wondering what the filenames are for them in mv_effects and what the best set is...
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Motion debris are 2D animations, not 3D objects, there are no "high poly" motion debris. I can't seem to find the "high quality" ones either.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Try debris01.ani through debris04.ani in mv_effects.
-C