Author Topic: 3.6.7 RELEASE  (Read 38165 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
After 3 missed deadlines and several months waiting, 3.6.7 is finally released! :D

There are two package choices; both include the latest version of the Launcher (5.3):

3.6.7 Standard Release
Should work for everyone. Includes speech support.

3.6.7 P4/Athlon XP/64-optimized release.

Optimized for Pentium 4 or Athlon XP and above processors. May be slightly unstable than the typical build, but should give better performance.

EDIT: These links are all dead. :(  A new Windows build has been uploaded at http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/WIN/fs2_open_3_6_7.zip

Linux and OSX Release

Brought to you by our diligent cross-platform developer taylor. :) You'll have to compile it yourself though. ;)

Installation:
Extract the .zip file to your Freespace 2 directory. Then, run Launcher.exe. Select the executable that you want to use.

Note that _d denotes a debug build; you should only run these if you run into a bug, or to check a mod release for any possible problems before release.

Check that all the settings in the tabs are configured correctly, and enable features using the 'Features' tab.

Then, hit the 'Run' button of the Launcher to save your settings and start fs2_open. :D

See also:
Readme for 3.6.7
More detailed install instructions.

Old 3.6.5 thread
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:45:55 pm by Goober5000 »
-C

omfg
lol

good stuff

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Sw33t!

*has an evil idea now that an official SCP release has been announced :drevil:

*waits patiently for next mediavp release
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Singh, for goodness sake trim that signature. :p

Woo yay. Can I assume this fixes the afterburner SFX bug and the asteroid field bug?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Edit: i'm dumb
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Thanks.

Finally an official build.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Warning:  FRED not included.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Afterburner bug is fixed, I believe.
-C

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I tried out the optimized one. Looks good. :yes: The last "beta" build generally worked pretty well for me though, so this isn't too different from that apart from the afterburner bug.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what will come next, since Taylor said he would be committing a fix for that annoying repeat count bug once 3.67 came out.

Offline redmenace

Just a warning, you might want to install divx 5 since 6 is being goofy.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Anyone ever tried it with the fddshow filter?
(It's a direct show filter, and AFAIK the movie player is some Dx-8 function(?))
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hm.  This is slightly irregular: no FRED builds, no installer, and no karajorma getting the second post. :p

We may have to post another thread when the installer is updated.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
WMCoolmon deliberately waited until my four hours of recharge^H^H^H I mean sleep to post too :)

I'll just edit his post if there's any problems. That way he gets the blame for any bad advice :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline dizzy

• http://dizzy.roedu.net
Finally, now we will also see an official Linux release (and maybe get some time to hunt for the memory leaks, because they definteley are, if I replay some mission 5 times at some point it gets over 1gb of memory used when usually it's about 500mb, this with Linux/fs2_open CVS version).

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by dizzy
Finally, now we will also see an official Linux release (and maybe get some time to hunt for the memory leaks, because they definteley are, if I replay some mission 5 times at some point it gets over 1gb of memory used when usually it's about 500mb, this with Linux/fs2_open CVS version).

Really?!  Something must have gotten messed up since my last Valgrind run.  Checking now...

Oh and the Linux release will hopefully be out late tomorrow.  The PPC support isn't done and I need the official Linux and OS X versions to come from the same code to keep my like sane.  Plus, I'm including a little something extra for the Unix users. :)

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Sweeeet ,downloading now :yes:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Woot...a new improved version.
Yes...me be newb, worship me for i am new :D
Lightning....im always first

Offline Fenrir

• ?
*Laughs*

You sure picked a day to show up, ya scalawag!

*bows* thank ye thank ye.
Ok so i dowloaded th'3.6.7 but in D3D it crashes whenever there's an explosion (so far) help?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 06:24:57 am by 3085 »
Lightning....im always first

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What have you got present apart from 3.6.7?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]